Air2Sea- Experiences with Europe

We are sailing on the Oasis next May from Barcelona to the Western Mediterranean.

I have flown to Barcelona several times from Atlanta and generally find $1200- $1500 per person a decent price for a nonstop flight.

I just priced using Royal Caribbean's air2sea and it is approximately $800 per person. I have heard that Royal Caribbean has decently priced flights for Transatlantic one way flights, but I was surprised to see this discount on the roundtrip option. Prices are approximately $400 more expensive per person for the same flights booked through Delta and United for the same dates.

Anyways- is this pretty widespread or should I lock in these prices now?

No way to predict pricing trends. However, I've also found Air2Sea round-trip international fares to be less expensive than going direct to the airlines.

I thought from what I've read on here that it was just the one way fares that were a good deal using Air2Sea...I guess I was wrong.

Can you book something other than economy and can you choose your seats at time of booking and can fares be checked on RCI website ?

I thought from what I've read on here that it was just the one way fares that were a good deal using Air2Sea...I guess I was wrong.

Can you book something other than economy and can you choose your seats at time of booking and can fares be checked on RCI website ?

Yes, you can choose Business/First class, depending on the flights. The ability to choose seats also depends on the airline and type of fare purchased. For example, I have purchased economy on American, Delta, United, and USAir through Air2Sea and have been able to immediately get on the airline's website and choose seats. However, I once purchased economy on British Airways using Air2Sea and could not pick seats on BA until 24 hours before the flight. This inability to choose seats was not due to Air2Sea, it's just how BA works with that type of fare.

Yes, you can choose Business/First class, depending on the flights. The ability to choose seats also depends on the airline and type of fare purchased. For example, I have purchased economy on American, Delta, United, and USAir through Air2Sea and have been able to immediately get on the airline's website and choose seats. However, I once purchased economy on British Airways using Air2Sea and could not pick seats on BA until 24 hours before the flight. This inability to choose seats was not due to Air2Sea, it's just how BA works with that type of fare.

Thanks so much...AA & DL would be my choice if possible...needing roundtrip from LAX-BCN early next May.

We always book Delta with both flights prefixed DL so they are operated by Delta. If it is a code shared flight like KLM, you won’t be able to upgrade. We make sure the flight has Comfort Plus seats still available. Our flight in October has 28 of those, and they’ve been sold out for months. We book Economy through A2S and then upgrade on the overseas segment via the Delta website, after pulling our reservation up there. Comfort plus seats can go up in price as supply gets more limited.

Edited by internetwhiz