Laundry on Board QM2

CynthiaRI

I agree about the no noise.  We had a cabin directly across from the laundry room.  It was lovely, actually.  Only one day in 2 weeks was there any noise and that was just people standing in hallway.  I could check if a machine was open and keep an eye on my laundry without having to stand there the entire time.  And we quickly learned the busiest times and avoided those.  It worked out well for us!

• Like 1

We had the room next to the laundry on the QM2, noise was definitely an issue! First we had the staff cleaning the laundry at 12.30/1am, banging and crashing enough to wake us up. We also were woken most mornings by guests talking outside the door ( too noisy in the actual room for their chats) from 7 am. Also no chance of a mid afternoon nap with guests again standing outside talking. 

Never again would I have a cabin next to a laundry!

For anyone traveling soon about the QM2... should you find a lonely black sock in the launderette on deck 10, please let it know it was not my intention to so cruelly abandon it.  

• Haha 4

• 4 years later...

I was on Deck 11 very close to the laundry. No real noise, just people talking sometimes but since the laundry closes at 9pm it wasnt an issue. It was actually very handy being close, easy to check when it was free, and I could just go back to my room while I waited. I found that the best time was around 8pm. People are at shows or dinner and the laundry was usually empty. 

• Thanks 1

And free washing powder as well. Also have a look at the 15 items for $52 offer on the laundry list, which is a bit of a bargain (even more do if you have a platinum or diamond discount) to get big items laundered and pressed and save your trip to the laundry for pants and socks.

IMG_20231008_091510_hdr.thumb.jpg.e391f275df511f26dd8dc6c16ea81097.jpg

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Dunvectrin' said:

In the unlikely event that I will be doing my own laundry...are the machines free/chargeable to on board account/ or do they require a ridiculous amount of coins ? 

There are also two irons free to use in each laundry room. 

• Thanks 1

The first time I sailed I did not understand about the onboard laundry or cleaning services and foolishly packed for every day I was onboard or away (8 days). After that trip I realized I could travel much lighter because of cleaning and just pack 1/2 of the days plus one now (the plus one is to allow time for cleaning). 

• Like 1