What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

3 minutes ago, lovetotraveltx said:

Does pending mean anything on my bid for an upgrade? New to NCL and this!

Pending means they haven't processed your bid.  If it changes to Expired that means the offer was declined.  If you have more than one bid and they accept one, it will show as Processing and any others will show as Expired.

3 minutes ago, SailBreakaway said:

Has anyone seen bids awarded for sailings that are completely sold out? Sold out completely. Inside through Haven. 

I haven't seen it personally, but theoretically even if the ship shows as completely sold out, if someone has a late cancellation that room would then be freed up for an upgrade.

6 minutes ago, ohiocruisemom said:

Do es anyone know if I bid on a Spa Mini Suite will that be fulfilled in upgrade prior to a Haven bid?  Don't want to take myself out of the bidding for Haven for a Spa Mini Suite.

Thanks!

Not necessarily.  There's no way to know which bid they will accept.  Make a more aggressive bid on the room you want most is my only advice.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ohiocruisemom said:

Do es anyone know if I bid on a Spa Mini Suite will that be fulfilled in upgrade prior to a Haven bid?  Don't want to take myself out of the bidding for Haven for a Spa Mini Suite.

Thanks!

They will accept the bid that nets them the most money. Remember, it's not just YOUR bid or even your bid versus the other people who bid on the same upgrade. It's how your bid fits into the whole tapestry of bids on the ship. Accepting a bid means freeing up a cabin for someone else to be upgraded into and on down the line. So the totality of the bids is what maters. It's a complex algorithm designed to make NCL money. If you are worried that placing a bid for a mini-suite decreases your chances of winning a Haven (it likely does), then don't bid on the mini-suite. Or bid very low on the mini-suite and much higher on the Haven to increase your chances of winning the Haven. The truth is, if you win the mini-suite, you will never know whether or not you might have won the Haven had you not bid on the mini-suite. You just have to weigh out the risks versus rewards.

Edited by JamieLogical

11 minutes ago, ohiocruisemom said:

Thanks!

If you have your heart set on the Haven, don't bid on the mini-suite.  Just make the haven bid a good one!

Has anyone seen the website show rooms that say not available rather than sold out, does that mean they are working on upgrades? I’ve been looking and same thing happened yesterday and then a few people received upgrades. Just curious since I’m debating if it’s worth upping my bid. Not sure I want to mess with anything while they are being handed out. Thanks! 

12 minutes ago, COcruise said:

Has anyone seen the website show rooms that say not available rather than sold out, does that mean they are working on upgrades? I’ve been looking and same thing happened yesterday and then a few people received upgrades. Just curious since I’m debating if it’s worth upping my bid. Not sure I want to mess with anything while they are being handed out. Thanks! 

I have seen rooms show as "Not Available" instead of sold out several times on many sailings. I am not sure if it means bids are being processed. I don't know how we could know that for sure. It could also be due to some technical glitch or that GTY rooms are being assigned or that someone has the last room in that category on a 24-hour hold.... There really is just no way to know with the limited info we have available to us.

56 minutes ago, fridaythe13th said:

If I book a GTY balcony, will I get an offer to bid on an upgrade?

GTYs are not excluded from the Upgrade Advantage Program, but there are other things that might exclude you, like if your travel agent does not participate in the program.

13 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

GTYs are not excluded from the Upgrade Advantage Program, but there are other things that might exclude you, like if your travel agent does not participate in the program.

Thank you.  I do know that my TA does not participate so I book direct.  

Received an upgrade from BD angled balcony on 9 to M3 Mini Suite on 12 for $85/pp.  This was a CAS booking (20% TR discount) on Breakaway Thanksgiving cruise. It would have cost $280/pp to call and book the mini.  I know most would not give up an angled balcony but I wanted to be closer to my sister's cabin on deck 11.  We both bid on Haven spa suites as well as mini spa suites but eventually those were showing sold out.   I actually bid, cancelled, re-bid, thought about cancelling again as I saw the minis on deck 11 were not showing available.  Then the cruise stopped being shown on NCL at all (which I took to mean the cruise was sold out).  I thought I would receive a reject email and was surprised to receive an acceptance!  I actually like the bigger bathrooms so I am good with the upgrade.  DH will be happy that the mini is more MID and higher deck.  

• Like 1

Upgrade offers appear to have gone out for my Epic sailing on January 23.  I didn't get an email, but I did notice a new banner on My NCL, and I had a new message in my inbox there.  

We're currently in an interior room (not a Sail-Away, as the adult beverage promo option was important to us).  As expected, there were options for Balcony and Mini-Suites, as well as Spa Balcony and Spa Mini-Suites.  I placed bid offers on all four, though I won't say how much yet because I know there's competition out there, and I want to win one of these.  😉 

I will say we don't care about the spa so much, so while the spa offers are slightly higher, they're not as "good" according to the little bid rating dials.  

And now, we wait.

Edited by Phaedrus78

1 hour ago, Phaedrus78 said:

Upgrade offers appear to have gone out for my Epic sailing on January 23.  I didn't get an email, but I did notice a new banner on My NCL, and I had a new message in my inbox there.  

We're currently in an interior room (not a Sail-Away, as the adult beverage promo option was important to us).  As expected, there were options for Balcony and Mini-Suites, as well as Spa Balcony and Spa Mini-Suites.  I placed bid offers on all four, though I won't say how much yet because I know there's competition out there, and I want to win one of these.  😉 

I will say we don't care about the spa so much, so while the spa offers are slightly higher, they're not as "good" according to the little bid rating dials.  

And now, we wait.

Sounds a lot like our situation. We booked inside with the UBP because we like the freedom it offers. Put in bids on all four of those same categories.  One month to the day before the cruise, we got a balcony that was $1111 pp with all five perks. Our total was much less with the one perk we really want.  Hope you have success as well. Good luck!

3 minutes ago, 3catnight said:

Sounds a lot like our situation. We booked inside with the UBP because we like the freedom it offers. Put in bids on all four of those same categories.  One month to the day before the cruise, we got a balcony that was $1111 pp with all five perks. Our total was much less with the one perk we really want.  Hope you have success as well. Good luck!

Wait, how did you get additional perks when bidding through the Upgrade Advantage Program? You are supposed to retain only the perks you chose with your initial booking.

Edit: Nevermind. I think I understand now. The wording just confused me. You are saying that if you were to book that balcony room WITH all 5 perks directly, it would cost $1111. But since you got an inside and bid up to the balcony, you paid much less and don't really care about the other 4 perks anyway.

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Wait, how did you get additional perks when bidding through the Upgrade Advantage Program? You are supposed to retain only the perks you chose with your initial booking.

Edit: Nevermind. I think I understand now. The wording just confused me. You are saying that if you were to book that balcony room WITH all 5 perks directly, it would cost $1111. But since you got an inside and bid up to the balcony, you paid much less and don't really care about the other 4 perks anyway.

Yes, exactly.  Guess I didn’t make that clear.  Your edited comment has it the way I should have said it. 😏

We received our upgrade notice today.  We are on the Epic 12/5-12/15.  Surprised we got it 29 days out. They accepted our balcony upgrade at $135 per person.  That is a good deal for a 10 day cruise.  $399 inside plus $135 for balcony pp.  So we saved at least $130 for two by not booking a balcony sailaway from the start. I had also put in bids for mini-suite and spa balcony.  I can no longer see these bids. Does that mean that once they accept the balcony, the bidding is over?

Edited by weloverunning

20 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Most of the time when bids are processed early (weeks or months pre-sailing) it is due to one of two things. Price drops or sold out sailings. Sounds like, in your case, it was the former. Congrats on your upgrade. Sounds like you still got a decent deal.

that is exactly how mine went, put in a bid that went to about 80 percent of the cost of penthouse with large balcony forward facing (for my panama canal trip) they dropped pricing and accepted bid, now I am actually 40.00 more per person but better perks from mini suite booking (160.00 on board credit plus extra point per night(distinctive voyages I think) from original booking). I wonder if they may give me the extra point per night for penthouse since I am above selling price if I ask...…. that would be great 42 points from one trip lol but I doubt they will. Either way as an avid photographer I will enjoy the view of the canal and can use a tripod for my dslr and L glass, well worth the upgrade price.

Okay guys I just got the email! We were upgraded from an aft balcony to a mid-ship mini-suite today for our 12/28 Escape sailing for $150 pp. We're a bit bummed we didn't get a spa cabin but I do think we'll appreciate the additional bathroom and balcony space. I'm also glad it's mid-ship as my boyfriend's never cruised before and we don't know how he'll do with the motion. Nothing but cabins above and below us and to either side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kayteecat said:

Okay guys I just got the email! We were upgraded from an aft balcony to a mid-ship mini-suite today for our 12/28 Escape sailing for $150 pp. We're a bit bummed we didn't get a spa cabin but I do think we'll appreciate the additional bathroom and balcony space. I'm also glad it's mid-ship as my boyfriend's never cruised before and we don't know how he'll do with the motion. Nothing but cabins above and below us and to either side.

So you got your upgrade over 50 days out? That is the farthest out I have seen one happen. Congrats.