What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

16 hours ago, Tw in OR said:

I called NCL general reservation  number to ask to be sent an invitation to bid. The  agent had never heard of the ability to request this. Her info said that it was "random" who gets the invitation, and out of her control. We are at day 67. I guess I'll wait a bit more, will probably just upgrade directly--expect the price to drop a bit. Has anyone with a cruise past Jan 1 received an invitation? 

Keep in mind not everyone gets an invitation to bid? Who did you book with? If it was Costco or another TA who does not participate in the program you will not get an invite to bid

Edited by Laszlo

On 7/2/2018 at 3:04 PM, JamieLogical said:

Yes. It's highly unlikely bids have been processed already, so bidding should still be open. Bids usually aren't processed until, at minimum, one week prior to sailing and sometimes they actually cut the 48 hours out pretty close. My bid on my last cruise was processed about 50 hours prior to sailing?

holy bat sheet superman........................well - I guess since I am 46 days out I have some waiting to do Ricky!!!!!

5 hours ago, DelanaeK said:

We bid just over the minimum offer for a balcony from an oceanview on the POA cruise and didn't get it. Oh well, I know that's a ship you're not on much since there's a port every day, so it's not a huge deal I guess. 

Yea - we have a midship balcony already - bid on a mini suite just over min as we are being budget conscious on this one - tons of mini's left on this cruise though so keeping fingers crossed................we shall see!

29 minutes ago, kruzns4me said:

Yea - we have a midship balcony already - bid on a mini suite just over min as we are being budget conscious on this one - tons of mini's left on this cruise though so keeping fingers crossed................we shall see!

Good luck! We are sailing Saturday and I got the response late this morning, so you do have some time to wait, lol. I just started checking on the bid maybe 2 weeks ago since I had heard it can take until 48 hours before the cruise to get an answer, and that was exactly right in our case. 

1 minute ago, CPOCMAN said:

Just got offer to bid at 72 days out on epic sailing today.  Didn’t receive an email to bid.  Was doing daily check on MYNCL and saw it available as a banner.

Yes, and you may need to scroll through the banners to find it! 

53 minutes ago, nosaints43 said:

Where are the banners?

Just be aware that if you booked with a TA, you may not get a banner ad.

We are booked via TA and got an email at the 80 day mark but never have seen the offer anywhere on my NCL.com.

11 hours ago, nosaints43 said:

Where are the banners?

When I log into My NCL and go to the My Vacation Home tab, there are offers that you can click through using arrows midway down on either side of the screen.  One of them says something like Let's Get You Upgraded.  I can't remember for sure because mine is gone now.  If you see the upgrade banner click and it will take you through the different options available.  There is a lot of info on this and other threads about how to approach it.  Good luck!

Escape NYC to Florida Bahamas 12/28, only 56 days to go!!! My boyfriend's first cruise and my second, my parents and I did one of the family suites on the Dawn to Bermuda back in 2009.

I don't think we quite got the offer to bid at 80 days, but we did get it and I was excited to take part in the process as I've read so much about it here. My parents have only sailed Haven the last few times and my mom doesn't do the bid process, so she was exactly zero help! We're in a regular old balcony on deck 11 towards the aft of the ship, which we're perfectly fine with if we don't get an upgrade. We put in bids of $150 pp for a spa balcony, mini-suite and spa mini-suite, which were rated bottom of Fair for the spa balcony and mini-suite and the top of Poor for the spa mini-suite. Others have lamented they don't think a good balcony location is worth sacrificing for a larger bathroom, but I do think it will be useful for the two of us. I also know BF would enjoy the spa as he is a regular sauna-goer at home, so if we get into the spa for less than the $273 pp it costs for 9 days we would definitely come out with a win there!

Doing some mock bookings yesterday, it looks like the spa balcony and mini-suite inventory is still quite wide open which is good, but many balconies left as well. It will definitely be interesting to track that over the next few weeks and see how much ends up selling, I'm not sure how popular the NYE intineraries are because they are quite expensive! I'm guessing a price drop would remedy that but this is all just conjecture. I didn't look at how well the insides and oceanviews are doing so if they're sold out then chances of bumping them up to balconies might certainly work in our favor. I'm having a lot of fun trying to guess how all of these elements work in our favor, and will definitely report back with the results!

11 minutes ago, woody378 said:

Someone on my cruise was upgraded to a haven room for a bid of $200 each from a balcony.  They are first time NCL cruisers and just booked the week before.  Looks like no rhyme or reason to who gets upgrades.

This story negates any progress I thought I was making in figuring this out. :classic_unsure:

31 minutes ago, woody378 said:

Someone on my cruise was upgraded to a haven room for a bid of $200 each from a balcony.  They are first time NCL cruisers and just booked the week before.  Looks like no rhyme or reason to who gets upgrades.

Wow ! Good for them .

18 minutes ago, heelfan94 said:

This story negates any progress I thought I was making in figuring this out. :classic_unsure:

That's what they want .😁

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, teamflames said:

Sailing on the Epic on Sunday. Had 2 bids in, have not received any emails about my bids and when I log into myncl there are no upgrade banners anymore. Cruise looks fully booked but seems strange not to have heard anything either way?

I'm on the same cruise, have three bids in. I still get the banner when I login. I've done bidding on at least five cruises and have always received and email either way. 

12 minutes ago, teamflames said:

Sailing on the Epic on Sunday. Had 2 bids in, have not received any emails about my bids and when I log into myncl there are no upgrade banners anymore. Cruise looks fully booked but seems strange not to have heard anything either way?

My banner disappeared when my bid was processing.  I hope that's the same for you.  I saved the bookmark where I could modify my bids so I could check. ETA that it could also disappear if it was declined I suppose.

Edited by heelfan94
More info

16 minutes ago, teamflames said:

Ok received one unable to confirm upgrade email 5 minutes ago....

On 11/4 Getaway in spa balcony, just got "unable to confirm upgrade" email on spa mini-suite, spa haven, courtyard haven, and have forward penthouse.  All bids were in "poor" range.  I am happy with my current cabin, so all good.

24 minutes ago, QueenOfZoom said:

I'm on the same cruise, have three bids in. I still get the banner when I login. I've done bidding on at least five cruises and have always received and email either way. 

Just got rejection, bid 125 for inside to balcony and 150 to mini suite, both on the edge of poor/fair.

4 hours ago, kayteecat said:

Escape NYC to Florida Bahamas 12/28, only 56 days to go!!! My boyfriend's first cruise and my second, my parents and I did one of the family suites on the Dawn to Bermuda back in 2009.

I am on the same itinerary the week before you on the 12/21 sailing. We also put in a few bids for upgrades. I am hoping we get notified earlier than 2 days out as the cruise looks not that full at this point when I do mock bookings.  

2 hours ago, woody378 said:

Can you tell us what ship and sailing this is? I have never heard of a minimum bid for a Haven being under $400. I have heard of people winning with a minimum bid, but never given the option to bid that little.