Need picture of approved power strip for Coral

Barbara60

There are so many to choose from. It just can’t be a surge suppressor which means no reset switches or indicator lights. This would give you three outlets and is short. You could use one by the desk and one behind the TV.

https://www.amazon.com/TESSAN-Splitter-Extension-Inches-Saver-16AWG/dp/B06XSDBV1F

You could also probably use something like this but it might block access to the light switch at the desk.

https://www.amazon.com/45092-3-outlet-Heavy-duty-Grounding-Adapter/dp/B00EQNP7S2

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

You could also probably use something like this but it might block access to the light switch at the desk.

https://www.amazon.com/45092-3-outlet-Heavy-duty-Grounding-Adapter/dp/B00EQNP7S2

It wouldn't only block the access, it would turn the light on with no way to turn it off.

Based on information from another thread on Cruise Critic, we just purchased this one from Amazon for our next trip.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073ZDH43X/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A plain PowerStrip is fine, but many people have reported a having Surge Suppressors confiscated.

I already had something that works OK, but I bought this one, too. It looks way better than my other one.

I never had anyone question my strip, it has many outlets and nothing special.

As has been stated here many times before, if it's surge protected it poses a fire hazard....

There are so many to choose from. It just can’t be a surge suppressor which means no reset switches or indicator lights. This would give you three outlets and is short. You could use one by the desk and one behind the TV.

https://www.amazon.com/TESSAN-Splitter-Extension-Inches-Saver-16AWG/dp/B06XSDBV1F

Your advice is not quite correct. Surge protection does not have a "reset switch", it is done all internally with semi-conductors that will automatically reset when the voltage drops again (provided the semi-conductors have not failed due to reaching their joule rating for power absorbed). The "reset switch" is a circuit breaker, that controls the current that is allowed to pass through the power strip, while surge protection controls the voltage that is allowed to pass. And the indicator light on the circuit breaker switch is just that, an on/off indicator light. An indicator light for a surge protector will have the word "protected" printed next to it, indicating that the semi-conductors have not failed due to a previous surge.

Your advice is not quite correct. Surge protection does not have a "reset switch", it is done all internally with semi-conductors that will automatically reset when the voltage drops again (provided the semi-conductors have not failed due to reaching their joule rating for power absorbed). The "reset switch" is a circuit breaker, that controls the current that is allowed to pass through the power strip, while surge protection controls the voltage that is allowed to pass. And the indicator light on the circuit breaker switch is just that, an on/off indicator light. An indicator light for a surge protector will have the word "protected" printed next to it, indicating that the semi-conductors have not failed due to a previous surge.
Thanks for clarifying. I realize my explanation was not the best.

I have a question regarding multi port USB chargers. Many claim to have some surge protection but they are only two wire devices and do not have a separate ground wire. Is there any issue with their use onboard?

It wouldn't only block the access, it would turn the light on with no way to turn it off.
Actually, I have successfully used a similar device and because it is slightly offset from the wall the switch can be operated. Not the best solution by far but the most compact.

Thanks for clarifying. I realize my explanation was not the best.

I have a question regarding multi port USB chargers. Many claim to have some surge protection but they are only two wire devices and do not have a separate ground wire. Is there any issue with their use onboard?

If the device has only a two prong plug, it cannot be surge protected, no matter what the ad copy says. What they are doing is calling "over voltage protection" as "surge protection". Over voltage protection merely shuts off the output from the charger when the input voltage gets too high, it does not shunt high voltage to ground like a surge protector does. Most of these "pure" (no power outlets, just USB) USB chargers are this way, and these are fine to use. I have even heard that on RCI, where all extensions and power strips are prohibited, that these are allowed regularly.

Not approved due to surge protection:

enhance

Approved. Has 4 outlets and wraps around and plugs into itself for packing:

enhance

That's the one I use!

26989064279_7a039daca4_b.jpgPower Strip

And to the OP

Don't forget nite lights and a digital clock to see the time in the middle of the night.

26989064229_b12f116dc1_b.jpgRoyal Princess Bathroom Night Light

Howard

If the device has only a two prong plug, it cannot be surge protected, no matter what the ad copy says. What they are doing is calling "over voltage protection" as "surge protection". Over voltage protection merely shuts off the output from the charger when the input voltage gets too high, it does not shunt high voltage to ground like a surge protector does. Most of these "pure" (no power outlets, just USB) USB chargers are this way, and these are fine to use. I have even heard that on RCI, where all extensions and power strips are prohibited, that these are allowed regularly.
Thanks! That is exactly what I thought but, since I am a chemical engineer by training, I wanted an expert opinion. Appreciate all of your input on CC [emoji4]