Ship Time on a Re-positioning Cruise

NWACruiser

We are taking a cruise on the Legend that starts at San Pedro (LA) and ends in Tampa.

Normally ship time would be Pacific time since we are leaving from LA. I am curious if ship time is adjusted during the cruise to whatever time zone we are in. I would appreciate the feedback.

We are taking a cruise on the Legend that starts at San Pedro (LA) and ends in Tampa.

Normally ship time would be Pacific time since we are leaving from LA. I am curious if ship time is adjusted during the cruise to whatever time zone we are in. I would appreciate the feedback.

Yes, time changes will be announced as they occur. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

When we went to Hawaii they would change by an hour every day or so until we were on Hawaii time. They would tell us in the announcements as well as in the Fun Times each day when to change your clocks.

The fact that one's smartphone changes automatically has nothing to do with ship's time. :rolleyes: In most cases, you do not want it to change automatically to make sure it stays on ship's time.

And before you complain (again) that I'm being a "jerk" to you, coevan, that is exactly what I was talking about when I said you post a lot of misinformation. While on a cruise, ship's time is in accordance with what they say it is, not what your phone says.

They will change the time usually an hour at a time but it won't necessarily corelate with local time that's why the only time I use a watch is on a cruise, As has been mentioned they'll notify you the night before when to change time.

Time changes will be readily posted. And as others have said, 'ship time' is what you want to be careful about. One of the things I do at sea is to disable the 'auto update' feature on my phone thereby preventing confusion while in port. And I absolutely take a wristwatch.

no, it's not misinformation, here is what OP asked : I am curious if ship time is adjusted during the cruise to whatever time zone we are in. You can track real time on a smart phone and keep your watch on ship time, covers both basis

no, it's not misinformation, here is what OP asked :I am curious if ship time is adjusted during the cruise to whatever time zone we are in. You can track real time on a smart phone and keep your watch on ship time, covers both basis

Actually sometimes the phone will adjust to a seemingly random time that is hours away from the real time. I wouldn't rely on a phone at anytime on a cruise for the "real" time.