Need help/advice on changing room assignments within reservation

Leaving next Friday on Adventure, have 3 rooms: Myself and my wife, my son and my daughter, my mom and dad.

My kids decided to let me know that they REFUSE to sleep in the same room together!

I originally booked my cruise with myself and son in one room, my wife and daughter in the next connecting room and my parents 4 doors forward. Booked it that way specifically, so we would have an adult and child in each room.

Wife and I have Deluxe Beverage Plan, have a couple excursions booked at Coco Cay. Wife and I are doing wave runner, kids doing Teen Adventure whatever...Parents have NO plans or bev. package.

I called RCCI today to see if it was possible to move everyone around from original booking to:

Grandmother/Granddaughter in one room

Grandfather/Grandson in connecting room

Wife and I 4 doors forward.

They said it was possible, but that I'd have to cancel and rebook the drink packages and excursions, but wouldn't be able to get the sale price that we originally paid..........

So, I understand that they would have no problem with me in my parents room, and my parents in my room, but I'm wondering if I can get my kids to get on my CC for incidentals, and also, how bout the room keys? Are the sea pass cards with our pictures on it our room keys? If so, how do I have them switch the sea pass card with my picture on it to open the door to the room I'm sleeping in?????

I know it's a lot of confusion, but this whole process of having to be responsible for this 6 person cruise has been nothing but confusion.

Thanks so much for any and all help!!!

Leaving next Friday on Adventure, have 3 rooms: Myself and my wife, my son and my daughter, my mom and dad.

My kids decided to let me know that they REFUSE to sleep in the same room together!

I originally booked my cruise with myself and son in one room, my wife and daughter in the next connecting room and my parents 4 doors forward. Booked it that way specifically, so we would have an adult and child in each room.

Wife and I have Deluxe Beverage Plan, have a couple excursions booked at Coco Cay. Wife and I are doing wave runner, kids doing Teen Adventure whatever...Parents have NO plans or bev. package.

I called RCCI today to see if it was possible to move everyone around from original booking to:

Grandmother/Granddaughter in one room

Grandfather/Grandson in connecting room

Wife and I 4 doors forward.

They said it was possible, but that I'd have to cancel and rebook the drink packages and excursions, but wouldn't be able to get the sale price that we originally paid..........

So, I understand that they would have no problem with me in my parents room, and my parents in my room, but I'm wondering if I can get my kids to get on my CC for incidentals, and also, how bout the room keys? Are the sea pass cards with our pictures on it our room keys? If so, how do I have them switch the sea pass card with my picture on it to open the door to the room I'm sleeping in?????

I know it's a lot of confusion, but this whole process of having to be responsible for this 6 person cruise has been nothing but confusion.

Thanks so much for any and all help!!!

We are always switching around who sleeps it the different rooms we’ve booked. You will get your Sea Pass for the room you are booked in at check in at the terminal on boarding day. Once aboard the ship, go to Guest Services and ask for pass cards to allow entry in the room you need extra cards for. Each of you will have a Sea Pass with your photo and account info and a simple key card to get in the room you’re sleeping in. You don’t need to switch everyone around on the paperwork.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Leave it as is and get extra keys when you board if you are actually going to listen to the kids. Trying to move things is going to cost you money and could get things all messed up.

Personally, I would tell the kids, this is how it is going to stay and if they don't like it, you will get a babysitter for them to stay home.

Personally, I would tell the kids, this is how it is going to stay and if they don't like it, you will get a babysitter for them to stay home.

First off, thanks for the advice everyone! Didn't know you could get extra keys...haven't been on a cruise in 10+ years...

Secondly, this is the best sleeping arrangements, and makes my life a TON easier and totally fine with it!!

Leave it as is and get extra keys when you board if you are actually going to listen to the kids. Trying to move things is going to cost you money and could get things all messed up.

My thoughts exactly.

My thoughts also. Exactly how old are these kids and who's paying for it? I would just be happy to be going on a cruise.

OP, glad things are going to work out for you.

My thoughts also. Exactly how old are these kids and who's paying for it? I would just be happy to be going on a cruise.

OP, glad things are going to work out for you.

Son is 14 and daughter is 12, so it is a little awkward for them to sleep in the same room.....Definitely NOT fighting it, they are both extremely close with their Grandparents, and it works out better than I can imagine....Bottom line is, we're not gonna see much of them on the ship anyway, they'll hopefully be busy with the Teen Club!

I'm wondering if I can get my kids to get on my CC for incidentals,

Yes... when you do your SetSail pass it will allow you to put anyone on your credit card that you wish. There is an option to put someone from another reservation on your CC. You will still need SetSails for each reservation, but simply put the kids on your credit card. You'll see as you fill out the SetSail on your computer.

Geri, I live in Clark too!!!!

Hi, neighbor. We are also big Yankee fans - DH is from the Bronx. A bit older though - oldest granddaughter just graduated college. One thing, if they have charging privileges, set a limit and let them know any charges above that amount comes out of their own money. Have read horror stories about kids running up huge bills in the arcade. Amazing how careful they can be if they know they will be babysitting/mowing lawns to pay it off.

"Personally, I would tell the kids, this is how it is going to stay and if they don't like it, you will get a babysitter for them to stay home.

Agreed!

Edited by Countrygurl
Looked like post I was quoting was written by me.