Just off the Caribbean Princess 6/30/18-7/7/18

kywildcatfanone

You would think that USB outlets would be something they would add to the newer ships due to come out.

They are included now. And some ships have been retrofitted with lamps that have a USB charging port.

Our surge protector strip was confiscated for the first time three weeks ago. It went on 20 plus cruises with us, but this time it was a "fire hazard". ???

Did they return it at the end of the cruise?

They are included now. And some ships have been retrofitted with lamps that have a USB charging port.

I haven't see that yet.

Do you know which ships?

Yes, they returned it. They would not open the suitcase without us present. When disembarking, they scanned the card and reminded us to pick up the power strip. It was the CB. I don't know what made it unsafe to use this time over all the other times...any electricians out there? There were a lot of people having them taken.

Going on our 1st princess Cruise Aug 4th. Have been on 21 cruises with other lines. What dining room is open after one embarks on the Caribbean Princess?

Just check the back page of the Princess Patter, in your room or at the Front Desk. It shows the hours for all dining locations. One of the MDR's will be open for lunch. Very few people go there. Good selection, too.

Wife and I just celebrated our 20th anniversary on the Caribbean Princess. It was the first ship we ever sailed on as well, and overall really enjoyed our week.

A review from me would be very boring. We don't go to the dining room anymore, nor do we do excursions or go to many shows. Just a few comments....

There have been comments non this board that CB was being prepared for launching the Ocean Medallion system as early as August. Did you notice any such work going on?

Edited by HappyCruiserettu
clarification.

The usual location for boarding day lunch is in the MDR on deck 6 midship. However it can change.

Interesting that Princess is finally enforcing the ban on surge protector strips. Perhaps they have recently had a problem with their use. On land the power coming into a NA home will have 120 volts on the one wire and ground on the other two. If you look at a 120 volt plug in your home, the small prong has the 120 volts on it (hot wire) and the large prong and round prong are tied to ground. The surge protector will send the surge coming in on the hot wire to the ground wire protecting any electronic equipment currently plugged into it. On the ship this is not the case. Each vertical slot in the receptacle will have 60 volts on it. The round slot of course is ground. So if the surge protector senses a surge, it will short the "hot" wire to the "ground" wire causing a serious problem.

Wife and I just celebrated our 20th anniversary on the Caribbean Princess. It was the first ship we ever sailed on as well, and overall really enjoyed our week.

A review from me would be very boring. We don't go to the dining room anymore, nor do we do excursions or go to many shows. Just a few comments....

There have been comments non this board that CB was being prepared for launching the Ocean Medallion system as early as August. Did you notice any such work going on?

They were working on it on our cruise, and someone posted a week later that the mini tables were being installed by the door. They had the beacons in place in the room and the bathroom, and you could see them all around the ship.

Our surge protector strip was confiscated for the first time three weeks ago. It went on 20 plus cruises with us, but this time it was a "fire hazard". ???

It was a fire hazard every time you brought it on board potentially putting yours and others at risk.