Epic specialty restaurant question

Pghpensfan

Sailing on Epic in January.....included is 4 nights specialty dining. Any recommendations on which are the best 4 to pick? Also, does anyone know where on Cruise Critic or NCL's site where to find specifics on the specialty restaurants and the pricing? I've been searching for 2 days and can't find anything.

Thanks a lot!

Cagneys Steakhouse and Teppanyaki are the most popular.

I would use one SDP credit for the Cirque dinner show (small additional up charge).

Moderno Brazilian BBQ, Le Bistro French, and La Cucina are also available. Also the sushi bar.

With your dining package, you get multiple appetizers, one entrée, multiple desserts. There is no additional charge at Cagneys, Le Bistro, Moderno, La cucina, and Teppanyaki.

The Cirque and Sushi have a small upcharge.

It just depends on what you like. We loved Le Bistro, the mussels and lamb were awesome. Also, loved the veal chop at Cagney's. Teppanyaki is really good. If you love meat and a great salad bar then Moderno's would be a favorite. I guess my least favorite was La Cucina. We did not try the Sushi or Cirque.

Cagneys, Le Bistro, Moderno and Teppanyaki, in that order. La Cucina is our last choice, though it is good also. We enjoy Teppanyaki just for the show - not as much for the food. Love the salad bar at Moderno - the meat not as much.

Was just on the Epic last week, first time on NCL.

We ate at Cagney's and it was fine. Nothing special. Standard steakhouse menu, standard cruise ship quality. It's a fair value if you're doing it a la carte.

The problem (for Cagney's) was that we ate at Moderno the next night. Staff were much more engaging and friendly. The food was of a generally higher quality, and obviously variety. If you've ever eaten at a Brazillian steakhouse you know the drill: the salad bar is a trap to get you full on the high margin stuff before the low margin stuff comes out. Frankly, that wasn't the story at Moderno. The salad bar had some nice options - we had a non-red meat eating person in our group, and she absolutely loved the salad bar at Moderno. We had planned to use our final SDP night at the teppanyaki place, but decided to go back to Moderno instead.

I can't speak for the other options, but I thought Moderno was a great value, a fun time, and a delicious meal.

**Plus the pineapple....oh my goodness the pineapple. On our second night there, we talked about the pineapple so much the dude let us take down a whole one at one time.