Live Blog and some pre-cruse chatter- Constellation 7/21

Jim_Iain

Today is our one and only sea day and your can really tell how many families with children are aboard. The public areas are packed and the pool in full.

We were greeted with a beautiful sunny morning with puffy white clouds. The seas throughout the cruise have been smooth with virtually no feel of movement.

Around 9:30 am we passed the Island of Stromoli, which is one of three active volcanoes in Italy.

We had breakfast followed by a Bridge Tour. Was very interesting as we approached the strait of Messina, a narrow channel between Italy and Sicily. Great views!. The tour had to be rushed as the Pilot came aboard a little earlier than expected.

I’ll probably have to post pictures later as the bandwidth is very slow and uploads are failing.

Edited by Jim_Iain

We were invited to a lunch with the Captain and Senior Officers this afternoon. It was held in Qsine and was a wonderful leisurely meal. We were seated between Milana Dortangs, Guest Relations Manager and Eduardo Luz, Food & Beverage Director. Both were very interesting and engaging. After a 2 1/2 hour lunch we retire to our cabin to take a siesta.

We arrive in Montenegro tomorrow and will be taking a private tour. We originally were joining another couple from Cruise Critic who had done all the work in arranging a tour for the four of us. They unfortunately had to cancel the cruise for medical reasons. The tour is only 160 Euros for two so we opted to just do it on alone. We dock at 10:00 so it should be a nice leisurely morning. I'm really excited as we have never been to Montenegro and looking forward to learning more about the country.

We were invited to a lunch with the Captain and Senior Officers this afternoon. It was held in Qsine and was a wonderful leisurely meal. We were seated between Milana Dortangs, Guest Relations Manager and Eduardo Luz, Food & Beverage Director. Both were very interesting and engaging. After a 2 1/2 hour lunch we retire to our cabin to take a siesta.

We arrive in Montenegro tomorrow and will be taking a private tour. We originally were joining another couple from Cruise Critic who had done all the work in arranging a tour for the four of us. They unfortunately had to cancel the cruise for medical reasons. The tour is only 160 Euros for two so we opted to just do it on alone. We dock at 10:00 so it should be a nice leisurely morning. I'm really excited as we have never been to Montenegro and looking forward to learning more about the country.

Go to the aft of the ship at sunrise and be prepared for some great pictures. Going into Montenegro is a sight not to be missed. Enjoy!

Tip of the Day - This cruise has one stop outside of the EC so all purchase aboard are VAT free. The return cruise to Barcelona will not have any non-EC ports so all purchases are subject to 21% VAT - Ouch.

John, the MC Concierge has been advising all B2B's to make sure they purchase all their duty/vat free needs before the end of the cruise.

Check your cruise before you leave home and purchase Internet, Drink, Photo and Specialty Dining packages prior to sailing.

Go to the aft of the ship at sunrise and be prepared for some great pictures. Going into Montenegro is a sight not to be missed. Enjoy!

Great advise. All of the crew have been giving us advise on how beautiful the arrival into Montenegro is.

You actually have 2 non-EU ports not just one. Zadar and Kotor.

Thanks sollyman but I just found out we are both wrong.

I was just Googling and found I was incorrect in my first post.

Zadar, Croatia - Is a Member of EC but uses the Croatian Kuna (not Euro)

Kotor, Montenegro - is NOT a member of EC but uses the Euro

I incorrectly assumed that since Montenegro used the Euro they were part of the EC.

Good Tutorial here - https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/countries/member-countries_en

Yep...you are right...I was mixing up Serbia....on the list to join along with Montenegro......with Croatia.

At least we got there in the end.

Thanks for your inputs. I really appreciate corrections to anything I post. I'm the first to admit that I learn something new everyday. I learn so much from other members.

Jim

• Like 1

Really enjoying your update however I have been a big critic of Celebrity acts/shows over the years and so far you have posted the following:

Matthew McGurk, Land of Make Believe, Rock City and Kym Purling...................Any feedback on these acts?

Really enjoying your update however I have been a big critic of Celebrity acts/shows over the years and so far you have posted the following:

Matthew McGurk, Land of Make Believe, Rock City and Kym Purling...................Any feedback on these acts?

I’m not a good source of information on this. We are not really excited about Celebrity productions and have not attended any.

Possibly others following this thread can give some feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have been sailing into the Montenegro Fjords all morning. It is absolutely beautiful. it is 9:15 and we are pulling into Kator. This will be a tender port so I am sure the early arrival will be appreciated by all the guests.