Live Blog and some pre-cruse chatter- Constellation 7/21

Jim_Iain

I just asked our Butler and he said they always tender in Kotor and thinks possibly we don't dock because of the draft of Constellation. The ship that was docked yesterday had about 2 fewer decks than us.

Kotor is looking as stunning as ever :-)

Thanks for the blog -- not long for us to be on the Connie now for the first time --- just over 3 weeks :-)

:D

Sounds wonderful. Are you taking the Barcelona to Venice route? We have really enjoyed the cruise and the staff could not have been better.

Last night was the second Chic night. Many people attended the Dining Beneath the Stars. We heard the winds came up and many left early.

We ate again in Luminea. Marteo has been serving us for the entire cruise, and is one of the best we have had. The asst waiter has been a delight and very attentive.

I know that food and tastes are subjective but we have been very pleased and everything has been cooked to our tastes.

I guess our only complaint as a frequent traveler is the menus get to be a bit repetitive. It would be nice to see it changed occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We went on one of our the most disorganized tours the Krka Falls. The park was at overflow capacity and we sat at the gate for nearly an hour before getting in.

The tour guide then marched us to an overcrowded are to tell us we did not have enough time for both the tour and free time. Luckily she said you could go with her on the tour or just go on your own. The obviously we took off on our own and did the tour route and had plenty of time to relax and have a bite of lunch.

Would really recommend doing on your own.

Great posts....go see the McDonald Brothers tonight really great they did well on a talent show in the UK and we watched them a couple of years ago on think it was the Reflection.

I’ll see if I can convince Iain to go. He’s was from Ayershire and most of his family are still there. He said he had not heard of them, but their bio sounds interesting.

Tonight is packing and saying goodbye night so pretty sure we will have to look for them on a future cruise.

Love reading your posts. Sounds like a great cruise. Glad to hear you enjoyed the food onboard the Connie, as we will be on it in Sept.!

We are not big eaters but have enjoyed even the food in the Buffet for lunch. With this cruise being so port intensive Luminea was only open one afternoon for lunch. I really enjoy salads for lunch and have found a great salad bar. The have varied food stations for all types of cuisine from Mexican, Indian, Oriental, French, Italian and one that changes daily.

I am sure you will also enjoy Connie.

Sounds wonderful. Are you taking the Barcelona to Venice route? We have really enjoyed the cruise and the staff could not have been better.

No - we are doing the Venice, Dubrovnik and then Greek Islands cruise. It is a while since we sailed on Celebrity having ever only done the Silhouette 3 times, but we love P&O#s older ship, Oceana and think that Connie will have a similar feel to her . :-)

Just wondering if they do Qsine on the first night. We couldn't find it on our cruise planner but we have used the Celebrity pop up help and she booked us for the evening on our first night

Qsine isn't showing up at all for the cruise to book so am confused. The 20th is our 24th wedding anniversary so a special evening

Not being cynical but just checking that you can book Qsine on the first night and if not, what can we change to??

Last night was the second Chic night. Many people attended the Dining Beneath the Stars. We heard the winds came up and many left early.

We ate again in Luminea. Marteo has been serving us for the entire cruise, and is one of the best we have had. The asst waiter has been a delight and very attentive.

I know that food and tastes are subjective but we have been very pleased and everything has been cooked to our tastes.

I guess our only complaint as a frequent traveler is the menus get to be a bit repetitive. It would be nice to see it changed occasionally.

Thank you for your live report from the Constellation! I will be on the September 18th sailing and am new to Celebrity. Can you please explain what a Chic Night is? Thanks!!

Not being cynical but just checking that you can book Qsine on the first night and if not, what can we change to??
I’ve heard that Qsine is being replaced by Le Petit Chef, but I’m not sure when the roll out is on Constellation. Silhouette is the beginning of September.

No - we are doing the Venice, Dubrovnik and then Greek Islands cruise. It is a while since we sailed on Celebrity having ever only done the Silhouette 3 times, but we love P&O#s older ship, Oceana and think that Connie will have a similar feel to her . :-)

For your cruise the crew were recommending purchasing Internet, drink packages etc online prior to cruise as there are no nonEc ports and all purchases subject to 22% Vat

Last night was our final night at sea. We were rewarded with a Total Eclipse and Blood Moon.

Arrived Venice this morning. I awoke about 5:30 and peaked out the window to see an amazing Sunrise. I couldn’t resist going up to the upper deck and sip coffee while enjoying our arrival into Venice.

000a718f065868cc561c3de749425ee7.jpg

814c5e1ba0491c3cba0745c27f97a704.jpg

6ab78dfbe449afd160141131c7fe039a.jpg

8cc72542d2e8fefdf3caa4ba1e983649.jpg

250c36740f9dfb2e6898f347b2d86350.jpg

I’ve heard that Qsine is being replaced by Le Petit Chef, but I’m not sure when the roll out is on Constellation. Silhouette is the beginning of September.

We were told it was planned but no projection date. It is much larger than many ships.

Thank you for your live report from the Constellation! I will be on the September 18th sailing and am new to Celebrity. Can you please explain what a Chic Night is? Thanks!!

Chic night replaced Formal night. Dressier than Casual but no Tux and Gown required. I describe it as what you would wear to go out to a nice restaurant or club.

On our cruise less than 5% Tux. Many women were dressed beautifully.

Great posts....go see the McDonald Brothers tonight really great they did well on a talent show in the UK and we watched them a couple of years ago on think it was the Reflection.

We had plans to go but around 5:00 PM the announced they had a delay and did not make the ship.