Liberty of the Seas return time

We are booked on the Liberty of the Seas sailing out of Galveston in October. We are trying to schedule a shuttle service to take us to the airport after the cruise and wondering what time we should be looking for. According to the cruise line we are scheduled to dock at 6:30. While I know that things can happen to delay that, I'm wondering approximately what time we can anticipate getting off the ship and going through customs, etc.

We are a large group ranging in ages from 2-80 so won't be moving very quickly but also don't want to be stuck sitting around the terminal waiting for our ride.

Any help or suggestions is much appreciated!

The timing could vary a lot (an hour or more) depending on time you walk off and how swiftly customs is working. Generally, the earlier the faster, till the ship is about empty, then things will speed up again. Walk offs will start around 7 AM.

It can start at 7 but usually it’s later, like 8 am. That’s if all this group is doing self-debark and there’s no fog.

There shouldn't be any fog in July. We usually cruise from Galveston and 7am is usually when we are allowed to walk off. But that is carrying all of your luggage with you. If you put your luggage outside your door the night before leaving, you might get off early but your luggage won't. Keep in mind that anything can happen to delay a ship's arrival and then all bets are off. Mechanical problem that slows them down, stopping to assist in a rescue, medical emergencies on board, etc., can all affect arrival time. Customs will vary but if you're not off early and near the front of the line, it can take up to an hour to get through the line, find your luggage, and clear customs.

Not just fog delays things. We had a summer cruise that was delayed over an hour because it was raining so hard/ wind gusts that they couldn’t bring the gangway up. Self disembark did not start until after 8 am and we were tied up at like 530. We were suites and our scheduled 815 departure was more like 945.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There shouldn't be any fog in July. We usually cruise from Galveston and 7am is usually when we are allowed to walk off. But that is carrying all of your luggage with you. If you put your luggage outside your door the night before leaving, you might get off early but your luggage won't. Keep in mind that anything can happen to delay a ship's arrival and then all bets are off. Mechanical problem that slows them down, stopping to assist in a rescue, medical emergencies on board, etc., can all affect arrival time. Customs will vary but if you're not off early and near the front of the line, it can take up to an hour to get through the line, find your luggage, and clear customs.

The OP is sailing in October, not July.

Depends on the fog. Didn't get off the ship until after 1:30 PM the one time I was on her, and made my 4:10 PM flight with only about 5 minutes to spare. Most of the people I met on the ship had to reschedule their flights. We were there in Feb 2017. Don't know about fog in October. Oh, Galveston Limousine has great shuttle prices and service.

We also just got back on Sunday. The carry-offs were from 7:45 to about 8:30. If your group can't carry off their own luggage, this won't work for you. After that they assign you a time. It could be up to 9:30 or so to get off, based on the time they give you.

Liberty Departure Letter attached as PDF. (from March 2018).

With a group aged 2-80 I'm guessing you do not plan to depart using self assist but will place your luggage outside the cabin your night before using the luggage tags they supply. Tags are assigned by stateroom/deck and C&A status.

Time stated is when you will begin to leave the ship. Allow another 30-60 minutes for the walk off the ship, US customs and TABC if returning with liquor.

Liberty Departure Letter.pdf

Liberty Departure Letter attached as PDF. (from March 2018).

With a group aged 2-80 I'm guessing you do not plan to depart using self assist but will place your luggage outside the cabin your night before using the luggage tags they supply. Tags are assigned by stateroom/deck and C&A status.

Time stated is when you will begin to leave the ship. Allow another 30-60 minutes for the walk off the ship, US customs and TABC if returning with liquor.

That was super helpful! Thank you for posting the letter!

Our flight isn't until 2:00 so I'm not worried about that. We were thinking a 10:00 shuttle would work but now I'm wondering if we should schedule it for 11:00 instead. We will definitely be putting our luggage out the night before so will be using the provided tags. Do you happen to know if they start at the top of the ship or the lower decks first? We are on deck 9 and wondering what group we may be in...

Problem if you get fog is that everyone gets off and then they expect to have the shuttle right away. Well that's not going to happen Feb 2017 we ended up taking a taxi because we would have been the last shuttle and we would have missed the plane. We were hours late because of the fog.

That was super helpful! Thank you for posting the letter!

Our flight isn't until 2:00 so I'm not worried about that. We were thinking a 10:00 shuttle would work but now I'm wondering if we should schedule it for 11:00 instead. We will definitely be putting our luggage out the night before so will be using the provided tags. Do you happen to know if they start at the top of the ship or the lower decks first? We are on deck 9 and wondering what group we may be in...

The first few numbers are suites, Pinnacles and such but it’s not by floor. If all of you don’t get the same luggage number maybe ask for it or let guest services know when you board that your numbers need to be pretty close to each other.

• 2 weeks later...

Things that can impact departure times:

1. Arrival of Customs agents (they are part of the Bush Intercontinental team).

2. Possible Coast Guard Inspection.

3. Possible health inspection (rare).

4. Crew departures

5. New crew arrivals

So, when you plan, consider adding a bit of time to keep the "stress" levels low.