Where's My Cabin?

vtcruising

We were assigned the guarantee cabin we booked at the beginning of the month.

We went with the Category 6 Ocean View and yesterday I found that they gave us a front facing cabin,

stateroom #8103. It appears to have the round window, hoping it won't be dark in the room.

I can't figure out what is under the cabin, maybe the bridge?

Also, it's a connecting cabin. I have never had that on a ship, I hope there won't be noise issues.

We were assigned the guarantee cabin we booked at the beginning of the month.

We went with the Category 6 Ocean View and yesterday I found that they gave us a front facing cabin,

stateroom #8103. It appears to have the round window, hoping it won't be dark in the room.

I can't figure out what is under the cabin, maybe the bridge?

Also, it's a connecting cabin. I have never had that on a ship, I hope there won't be noise issues.

That looks like a great location to me! You are going to have almost a 180 view. I think that window is about 6 feet in diameter - I was comparing to the men below and, unless they are really short, you should have a huge window. From a deck plan website: Category 6 forward oceanview cabins offer full height windows and are 238 square feet (so nice size!).

I would think it would have more light than a port or starboard cabin since you are exposed to the sun for a longer period during the day. I have never stayed in a forward cabin to know that for sure, but my daughter has, and she loved it.

As far as the connecting cabin, many are connected by the vestibule in the hallway so there would be no extra noise (except when someone was very noisy getting into their cabin next door, but that happens for most cabins). I have been in cabins connected by a door inside the cabins and have heard some noise, but usually just when someone is really loud. Hopefully, a non-issue for you.

The bridge is 3 decks above you, but maybe you meant officers' quarters might be below you, which is my guess.

I'd say you did well! :D

enhance

Looks like you will have a pretty nice view from your panoramic ocean view window, with minimal obstruction from the lifeboat. You will be located near the stairs/elevators, with the theater and The Club just down one deck and dining options close by on 4&5. :D

enhance

I was just going to ask about this cabin for my cruise in March. Thank you! :)

We are booked on two cruises in E1s.. I have not seen a recent picture of the forward port side of the ship where our cabin #9117 lies, but the older one I did see did not have the washing equipment so clearly evident on the starboard side. This seems strange. We are also in #8193 on a second cruise. If you have a chance, I sure would appreciate seeing what we're getting. I believe both have the beds at the bath and that probably is the most important thing. Thanks.

Any information on cabin 6135? It's more forward than I like, but there aren't many cabins available for my 4/14/19 spring break cruise.

It looks much less obstructed than 6225. You should have a nice view out (won't be able to see directly down due to the tender) and would be well-located near the elevators. :D

It isn't on the obstructed list (link below).

enhance

Deck 6 Obstructed Cabins:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/EDGE_50Percent_Obstructed_View.pdf

We are booked on two cruises in E1s.. I have not seen a recent picture of the forward port side of the ship where our cabin #9117 lies, but the older one I did see did not have the washing equipment so clearly evident on the starboard side. This seems strange. We are also in #8193 on a second cruise. If you have a chance, I sure would appreciate seeing what we're getting. I believe both have the beds at the bath and that probably is the most important thing. Thanks.

I don't see the window washer in this shot. It looks like you will have a nice view from your cabin and are about halfway between the pool deck and food and entertainment decks.

enhance

8193 also looks like it has a nice view with a firewall on one side (maybe quieter). You are nicely in the center of the ship. Hope you will enjoy your infinite verandas! :D

enhance

enhance

I don't see the window washer in this shot. It looks like you will have a nice view from your cabin and are about halfway between the pool deck and food and entertainment decks.

enhance

8193 also looks like it has a nice view with a firewall on one side (maybe quieter). You are nicely in the center of the ship. Hope you will enjoy your infinite verandas! :D

enhance

enhance

We appreciate very much your very rapid response Thank you for taking the time and making the effort.

It looks much less obstructed than 6225. You should have a nice view out (won't be able to see directly down due to the tender) and would be well-located near the elevators. :D

enhance

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/EDGE_50Percent_Obstructed_View.pdf

Thanks for this.... I wondered how long it would take for them to recognize that some deck 6 cabins would be impacted by the lifeboat davits. Glad I moved down one from 6211... but had to figure that out on our own given brochure did not cover these

We will be in cabin E1-7226 next April. Would you show us where this is located? Thanks!

Looks like a good spot! You are on a bump out and no obstructions outward and aft - you will see the Magic Carpet when you look forward, but that could be interesting to see. You are in a great central location and near the elevators. :D

enhance

enhance

VT interesting that this comes out now... recall the brochure did not include these cabins or at least not the davit cabins. Do I spy a new category of cabin E5 and E6 or is this just a typo..color coding suggests a typo... but who knows.

VT interesting that this comes out now... recall the brochure did not include these cabins or at least not the davit cabins. Do I spy a new category of cabin E5 and E6 or is this just a typo..color coding suggests a typo... but who knows.

I too wonder if it is a typo since they are corresponding cabins and should be the same category, I would think. :D

I just picked up the newest brochure which has a list of all the partially obstructed views on the Edge. Has this been posted before? I don't want to be repetitive, but I wouldn't mind providing the list if no one else has to date

I posted it on the obstructed deck 6 cabin thread. I can’t remember if I did it on this one.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2673064

Edited by vtcruising

I just picked up the newest brochure which has a list of all the partially obstructed views on the Edge. Has this been posted before? I don't want to be repetitive, but I wouldn't mind providing the list if no one else has to date

What is the cover title of that brochure?

We ordered a new one but it has not arrived yet

Actually if you mean the brochure - yes we have discussed those cabins and I put a link to that a few months ago. That list is incomplete though. Need to supplement with the deck 6 was obstructions sheet.

Actually if you mean the brochure - yes we have discussed those cabins and I put a link to that a few months ago. That list is incomplete though. Need to supplement with the deck 6 was obstructions sheet.

Then I guess this is old news but to repeat: 6128, 6129, 6180, 6182, 6196 and 6198.

I would have thought there would be more