Where's My Cabin?

vtcruising

On 10/27/2018 at 6:19 AM, Tony UK said:

On deck 7 aft there is a rectangle at either side. Is it an extractor or access point?

Any ideas?

Tony, I this is one of the mysteries on my list to solve. My guess is that there will be storage/cabin attendant supply space and those are vents. That's the best I can do right now. It is intriguing. :classic_smile:

image.thumb.png.1d65dab37b2d40259fb1ca2eb5c0d336.png

image.thumb.png.b13a1f2b58bc8dfdf09c9c5913a721dd.png

1 hour ago, lourdest said:

Hi,

Looking into  a Sky Suite on the Edge and I don't see a difference in balcony size between a S2 and S1.  According to the information sheet for the Edge, the S1 is suppose to be larger.  When I look at the cabins on the hump on deck 10, S2 10200-10214, and deck 11 (S1 11196-11210) they look identical in size. I just don't see the difference....

Thanks.

Edge1.jpg.1cfbf7ff4e29933bc142a6b6651b46ea.jpg

Edge.jpg.0f1a834357929939ed46f435d384dd0d.jpg

Edge.jpg

Edge1.jpg

The 163 sq ft for S1 is for the aft S1's - all of the cabin spreadsheets that I have seen do not make that clear (and probably many TA's don't know it yet). Some of us noticed it early on when the actual ship's pictures came out that the midship S1's and S2's look the same length - there could be a depth difference, but I doubt it. I think the midship S1's and S2's will all be around 80 sq ft. The difference in pricing of the two is usually about $100 so it all about location. The higher up or more centrally located midship sky suites were classified as S1's - I think that location is the only difference (similar to AQ 1 and 2 are about $100 apart and the only difference is location.

We booked an S1 aft for the huge balcony. We will have the long walk to elevators (and everywhere), but for us the balcony and gorgeous aft view are more important than location. :classic_smile:

I wish they would make that clear on the websites - I'm afraid there will be some upset people wondering where 1/2 of their S1 balcony went (though most sites have the caveat about average size or possible differences in staterooms). Oh well, they still will have a wonderful suite, with a great balcony on a beautiful ship and all the Retreat has to offer. :classic_smile:

image.thumb.png.7f09f4c683490329370b4e8ff9ed8611.png

Edited by vtcruising

17 hours ago, cmsteach said:

We’re in 10139– thanks so much! 

Hi, your cabin is right in the middle of suites, so you will likely have a very good cabin attendant (it seems that they often have the more experienced ones in the suites). You are high up, with what looks like a good view. You are two cabins down from a bump out so you may lose a bit of your view to the right, but shouldn't lose too much of your view. You are close to the forward elevators and stairs so are close to 14 with the pool, Solarium, bars, buffet. Being concierge, you will have all of the concierge benefits, including the embarkation lunch.

Enjoy your cruise in what looks like a great stateroom! :classic_smile:

image.thumb.png.5881f469bde097ff012d9cbc999abf8f.png

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:57 AM, vtcruising said:

If anyone wants to add his/her cabin to the ship pictures in the first post, please post your cabin number here and I will update the pictures with the new cabins added every few days, as needed. It is fun to see where everyone will be located (and can refer back when the reviews start to come in).

Just found this great thread and just booked Infinite Veranda 6237. Now concerned about possible obstruction. would very much appreciate any guidance.

Thanks.

54 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

Just found this great thread and just booked Infinite Veranda 6237. Now concerned about possible obstruction. would very much appreciate any guidance.

Thanks.

I think you lucked out! You won't be obstructed by a davit and the profile of the tender below your balcony window dips a bit so looks like you will have a nice view out. You are next to a firewall so may be quieter on that side of the cabin. You are close to the elevators and stairs. You can go just one floor down to 5 for restaurants, bars, entertainment.  Enjoy your IV! :classic_smile:

image.thumb.png.b079079d9e5f3e800681ba74bd33afe9.png

Edited by vtcruising

6 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I think you lucked out! You won't be obstructed by a davit and the profile of the tender below your balcony window dips a bit so looks like you will have a nice view out. You are next to a firewall so may be quieter on that side of the cabin. You are close to the elevators and stairs. You can go just one floor down to 5 for restaurants, bars, entertainment.  Enjoy your IV! :classic_smile:

image.thumb.png.b079079d9e5f3e800681ba74bd33afe9.png

Thanks for your quick reply but I'm pretty sure you identified 6137 and not 6237 which is a few doors down from the AFT elevators. While you are checking that, I would also very much appreciate your input on C3 cabin 12235. Thinking the Infinity Balcony might not be the way to go.

Thanks again.

58 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

Thanks for your quick reply but I'm pretty sure you identified 6137 and not 6237 which is a few doors down from the AFT elevators. While you are checking that, I would also very much appreciate your input on C3 cabin 12235. Thinking the Infinity Balcony might not be the way to go.

Thanks again.

Sorry, I was multi-tasking and messed up. :classic_blush:  I actually had you on the starboard side instead of the port side - similar position, though port side (all the same benefits). I looked at 12235 and it would be nice because you would have the concierge benefits and a nice, high unobstructed view. The 2 downsides are the overhang for those deck 12 cabins and also you would be under the Ocean View Café so might hear chairs scraping (on other ships, people have complained - it is hard to know about this ship).

I guess you will need to weigh the pros and cons. Either way, you can't lose, sailing on an amazing new ship! :classic_smile:

enhance

Edited by vtcruising

22 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Sorry, I was multi-tasking and messed up. :classic_blush:  I actually had you on the starboard side instead of the port side - similar position, though port side (all the same benefits). I looked at 12235 and it would be nice because you would have the concierge benefits and a nice, high unobstructed view. The 2 downsides are the overhang for those deck 12 cabins and also you would be under the Ocean View Café so might hear chairs scraping (on other ships, people have complained - it is hard to know about this ship).

I guess you will need to weigh the pros and cons. Either way, you can't lose, sailing on an amazing new ship! :classic_smile:

enhance

Guess we were so used to Concierge class on the S-Class, never realized these cabins were under the buffet. Plus, since we are Elite Plus and already get many perks and our TA had a great group rate for the E-4's, we thought deck 6 might work. 0ne last question....6233 is also available would that cabin be a better option than 6237???? 

Thanks again, Vermont!!!!

32 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

Guess we were so used to Concierge class on the S-Class, never realized these cabins were under the buffet. Plus, since we are Elite Plus and already get many perks and our TA had a great group rate for the E-4's, we thought deck 6 might work. 0ne last question....6233 is also available would that cabin be a better option than 6237???? 

Thanks again, Vermont!!!!

I almost think you would be better off with 6237. I think the view is a tad better, but it might be my imagination. :classic_smile:

image.thumb.png.84fb6324eb78e25dd34a734ff88d73f3.png

57 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I almost think you would be better off with 6237. I think the view is a tad better, but it might be my imagination. :classic_smile:

image.thumb.png.84fb6324eb78e25dd34a734ff88d73f3.png

Thanks, again. Will keep 6237. Hoping the Edge Class Cabin thread will be started with feedback right after the first sailing giving us (hopefully) plenty of time to make the switch if necessary.

Sometimes it is better to stick with first choices.. We usually do,.,,But for EDGE  we actually switched  on both booked cruises

Went from an AQ Bed by Veranda  to Bed by Bath.,one deck down from orig choice but away from the jut out on Deck 10.

For a later cruise we moved over to a middle Sunset Veranda..,bigger balc Deck 7,  still right over EDEN, best we could do,

VT...you are still listed on the roll call for Jan 27th...Did you cancel that one or are we sailing together?

1 hour ago, hcat said:

VT...you are still listed on the roll call for Jan 27th...Did you cancel that one or are we sailing together? 

No, I am not on that cruise, unfortunately. I need to unsubscribe to that thread. I have checked in once in a while to get tips because your thread is so active and saw last week that we were still on Minnie's list, even though I posted on that thread many months ago that we had canceled. Also, our friends John and Carolyn (Merlin 5353) canceled and let people know about the same time we did, so they could be removed as well. Sorry, I didn't post because I didn't want people to think I lurk on other roll calls - just had a hard time saying good-bye to this cruise. You have a good group of people - it should be amazing! :classic_smile:

1 minute ago, vtcruising said:

No, I am not on that cruise, unfortunately. I need to unsubscribe to that thread. I have checked in once in a while to get tips because your thread is so active and saw last week that we were still on Minnie's list, even though I posted on that thread many months ago that we had canceled. Also, our friends John and Carolyn (Merlin 5353) canceled and let people know about the same time we did, so they could be removed as well. Sorry, I didn't post because I didn't want people to think I lurk on other roll calls - just had a hard time saying good-bye to this cruise. You have a good group of people - it should be amazing! :classic_smile:

I will let Minnie know.

.If you change your mind would love to cruise with you! Maybe there are some good prices now that we are past final payment..you just need the bed.

12 minutes ago, hcat said:

I will let Minnie know.

.If you change your mind would love to cruise with you! Maybe there are some good prices now that we are past final payment..you just need the bed.

We are cruising more in the next 4 months than we usually cruise in 2 years, mostly because of the Edge preview cruises that I couldn't resist and a last minute decision on the last Flower Power cruise that we just had to return. If I cut back on my hours and get a really good deal on a cabin (as you said, will just need a bed), I just might be there!  If I am, I will introduce you to Mr Edge when you board. :classic_smile:

Edited by vtcruising

22 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

Vermont, one more cabin choice question....6153??????

Thanks, Carol 

I think it is similar to 6237 - they both have bed by the bath, similar tender profiles outside veranda, close to elevators, no overhang - it will boil down to whether you want to be in the front of the ship or back, I guess. The forward elevators/stairs are close to 6153 - easy access to theater, The Club, Solarium, Spa, Gym and forward restaurants and the aft elevators/stairs are close to 6237 so would be faster access to MDRs, Eden, OVC and Rooftop Garden. I think that is what I would use for my decision, since they seem equal otherwise (unless there is something we have yet to discover). :classic_smile:

Congrats on getting a good deal! My guess is that we won't spend a lot of time in our cabins on our first Edge cruises since there is so much to do and see!

image.thumb.png.18c9a50b7c5492071a16cd1630973f64.png

27 minutes ago, Timbek2 said:

We are 10201. Hoping it’s a great spot!

I would say that any suite is going to be great on the Edge, due to the Retreat and Luminae. You are very close to the aft elevators and should have a great view since you will be on a bump out. Your balcony has a pole on the rail, which may bother some, but it won't block your view of the ocean if your bed faces the ocean as advertised. It looks like a great location! :classic_smile:

image.thumb.png.7008f242be300b68b841d628a0fa284c.png

This thread is absolutely amazing! Looking forward to Cabin 11211. I haven’t noticed mention of it or any of its neighbors, though I admit I may have missed some of the posts. We haven’t been away from far aft in a while, so am eager and curious about this. (Always eager for a cruise!😊)

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

I think it is similar to 6237 - they both have bed by the bath, similar tender profiles outside veranda, close to elevators, no overhang - it will boil down to whether you want to be in the front of the ship or back, I guess. The forward elevators/stairs are close to 6153 - easy access to theater, The Club, Solarium, Spa, Gym and forward restaurants and the aft elevators/stairs are close to 6237 so would be faster access to MDRs, Eden, OVC and Rooftop Garden. I think that is what I would use for my decision, since they seem equal otherwise (unless there is something we have yet to discover). :classic_smile:

Congrats on getting a good deal! My guess is that we won't spend a lot of time in our cabins on our first Edge cruises since there is so much to do and see!

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

image.thumb.png.18c9a50b7c5492071a16cd1630973f64.png

Thanks again. Think we will make the change. Looks like there is an extra cabin between the obstruction with 6153.