Where's My Cabin?

vtcruising

On 11/19/2018 at 2:45 PM, hcat said:

Glad you got a nice cabin..

The savings plan ( ha ha) has recently come to the fore when we checked future pricing...yikes!

We will already be spending quite enough on 2 booked cruises...one in AQ and the other a Sunset veranda..so  we  decided we need to conserve if we want a 3rd on EDGE.. no suite dreams!

VT... I know you are quite busy counting down to the big moment..but if you have a chance...or anyone else......

What would be a nice regular cabin  or Concierge cabin  with an outdoor balcony?

( with no overhang, pole, jut out, noise or other issues)

We may book the Western Carib on EDGE as soon as  Cap Club bookings open ...  Current price trends may dictate that we go for a downsized budget instead of our big plans for a suite...unless they offer a short cruise,,like to the Bahamas as a filler....

Western not our fav itin but we are already booked for ABC and Eastern and are not interestd in EDGE  overseas right now..thinking of that on QM2..

1 hour ago, hcat said:

VT... I know you are quite busy counting down to the big moment..but if you have a chance...or anyone else......

What would be a nice regular cabin  or Concierge cabin  with an outdoor balcony?

( with no overhang, pole, jut out, noise or other issues)

We may book the Western Carib on EDGE as soon as  Cap Club bookings open ...  Current price trends may dictate that we go for a downsized budget instead of our big plans for a suite...unless they offer a short cruise,,like to the Bahamas as a filler....

Western not our fav itin but we are already booked for ABC and Eastern and are not interestd in EDGE  overseas right now..thinking of that on QM2..

The only regular, open balconies on the Edge are suites, SVs and the deluxe ocean view with  veranda (round opening for balcony at front and back of ship). All others have IVs, including all concierge cabins. Your best bet for a standard cabin/balcony is an SV. 😀

VT, while you’re staying on deck 12, during your first cruise, would you mind doing me a favor? If you could mosey down the corridor to the IV cabins across from the midship (aft) elevators, and note whether you hear a lot of noise from above, I’d appreciate it. These cabins are located below the entrance to OVC, so hopefully they won’t be as noisy as the ones directly below OVC. I’ll buy you an enormous martini when we finally end up on the same cruise😁

I’m looking forward to your review of your IV (and the others, of course) because your cabin will be similar to mine (though we’ll have the dreaded struts). I know you’re going to take lots of photos, and test every possible item on each menu, so I’m eagerly awaiting your reports. Most of all, I hope you have a fabulous time😊

11 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

VT, while you’re staying on deck 12, during your first cruise, would you mind doing me a favor? If you could mosey down the corridor to the IV cabins across from the midship (aft) elevators, and note whether you hear a lot of noise from above, I’d appreciate it. These cabins are located below the entrance to OVC, so hopefully they won’t be as noisy as the ones directly below OVC. I’ll buy you an enormous martini when we finally end up on the same cruise😁

I’m looking forward to your review of your IV (and the others, of course) because your cabin will be similar to mine (though we’ll have the dreaded struts). I know you’re going to take lots of photos, and test every possible item on each menu, so I’m eagerly awaiting your reports. Most of all, I hope you have a fabulous time😊

Thanks for the well wishes! Once I am done work today I will do my happy dance and start the final preparations. 

I will add your request to the list- if any of those cabins are open for viewing, I will go in and take pictures and listen for noise. It will be nice to be high up and close to the action.😀

6 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks for the well wishes! Once I am done work today I will do my happy dance and start the final preparations. 

I will add your request to the list- if any of those cabins are open for viewing, I will go in and take pictures and listen for noise. It will be nice to be high up and close to the action.😀

I’m so happy for you! You have been such a star in our little Edgie community🌺

Thanks so much. It would actually be helpful to simply notice what you hear in the corridor outside the cabins, even if you cannot get inside. I’m hoping it’s not an imposition, because you’d logically walk that way to go up to OVC anyway. I think we’ll be happy with our cabin, regardless, but we’ll be even happier if we’re not directly beneath chairs being dragged & clattering dishes at 0500😁

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

The only regular, open balconies on the Edge are suites, SVs and the deluxe ocean view with  veranda (round opening for balcony at front and back of ship). All others have IVs, including all concierge cabins. Your best bet for a standard cabin/balcony is an SV. 😀

Thanks for taking the time to respond..so its SV or  or small suite..if we stay with EDE class

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving and safe travels down to Florida..weather here ( west coast) is perfect!

Just saw a very short clip of a C-3 cabin on Deck 12. It’s posted on the Edge Facebook page. I’m not sure how to copy and paste it here. It was a quick video from the Cabin door to the balcony. Cabin looked sterile and when I saw the balcony with the overhang and support pole I made a fast change in cabins from Deck 12 to Deck 11. I may be overreacting to what I saw, but between the overhang and the pole it did not impress me. 

We’ve got a longer walk to the elevators now, but no pole or direct overhang. 

12 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

Just saw a very short clip of a C-3 cabin on Deck 12. It’s posted on the Edge Facebook page. I’m not sure how to copy and paste it here. It was a quick video from the Cabin door to the balcony. Cabin looked sterile and when I saw the balcony with the overhang and support pole I made a fast change in cabins from Deck 12 to Deck 11. I may be overreacting to what I saw, but between the overhang and the pole it did not impress me. 

We’ve got a longer walk to the elevators now, but no pole or direct overhang. 

All the cabins we have seen posted, including a suite,  are sterile and bland.

But for the overhang and pole issue, it definitely sounds like you made  a good move!

Good stuff on EDGE will be outside the cabins!

Enjoy!

Edited by hcat

19 hours ago, hcat said:

Thanks for taking the time to respond..so its SV or  or small suite..if we stay with EDE class

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving and safe travels down to Florida..weather here ( west coast) is perfect!

Thanks, hcat!  It is 6 degrees here this morning, so 83 will feel pretty good!! Happy Thanksgiving!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks, hcat!  It is 6 degrees here this morning, so 83 will feel pretty good!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Brrr.....going up to 78  today on our coast!

Get into the sunshine and out on the sea!

VT, if you are bringing a tape measure with you.... the scooters are about  45" long and 22" wide. It has been several weeks now ... I emailed the company and posted a message on facebook asking if IV cabins with bed by bathroom can accommodate a scooter... and no answer. So I assume the answer is no. Good thing I changed cabins... but can you check if  there is enough space to park one in a cabin with the bed by the bathroom.... and... importantly... still get into the bathroom. I saw a video on instagram... I think it is the same cabin described earlier... but it sure looked like you would have a problem using the restroom if you had to park it in the cabin.  I think this would be useful information to post someplace... since more and more people seem to need them. I wish we did not have to use it...but DH's knees have been killing him.

58 minutes ago, kearney said:

VT, if you are bringing a tape measure with you.... the scooters are about  45" long and 22" wide. It has been several weeks now ... I emailed the company and posted a message on facebook asking if IV cabins with bed by bathroom can accommodate a scooter... and no answer. So I assume the answer is no. Good thing I changed cabins... but can you check if  there is enough space to park one in a cabin with the bed by the bathroom.... and... importantly... still get into the bathroom. I saw a video on instagram... I think it is the same cabin described earlier... but it sure looked like you would have a problem using the restroom if you had to park it in the cabin.  I think this would be useful information to post someplace... since more and more people seem to need them. I wish we did not have to use it...but DH's knees have been killing him.

I have it on my list so added the measurements to my notes. I have an IV with bed by the bath on the first cruise so will try to get that measurement on Sunday night. I'll ask the cabin attendant, but they won't have any experience with those cabins yet, so may not know.

I bought a special measuring tape just for me  🙂:

image.png.3a9c7dadf760e76175d632e1d5580f48.png

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/27/2018 at 7:18 AM, sheltielover1973 said:

I'm actually in 10272 on the inaugurals back to back-- Dec 9 and 16th. I can make sure to let you all know. im excited!

Hi Sheltielover1973 - we are heading out on the Edge next week and will be in 10272...wondered what your thoughts were on that cabin.  Was the bed by the window or bathroom? 

Thanks! 

7 hours ago, DebInAntigua said:

8211 please!

Here is is! It looks like a nice mid-ship location, equally close to both sets of elevators. I don't see any obstructions to your view. It appears that you will have your bed near the balcony (I am reluctant to tell people that now because some cabins don't match the deck plans, but someone who reviewed a cabin 3 doors down matched the deck plan so likely yours is accurate).  BTW, they liked their cabin location and would book it again. 🙂

723262658_portside8211xx.jpg.82676096bbb5df60d7fa80470e195a06.jpg

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, wowgirl/itguy said:

Hi Sheltielover1973 - we are heading out on the Edge next week and will be in 10272...wondered what your thoughts were on that cabin.  Was the bed by the window or bathroom? 

Thanks! 

Hi! The bed was by the bath. I liked it--- but the window washer contraption was just to the right.. so I felt that was a bit of an eyesore. Loved the privacy though all the way in the aft of the ship! Enjoy! the EDGE is beautiful and make sure to eat dinner OUTSIDE when you dine at Blu!  They'll serve breakfast and/or dinner outside if in port and not windy. We had a fabulous dinner under the stars one night! And of course, the spa is beautiful! loved taking advantage of it with Aqua class!

27 minutes ago, sheltielover1973 said:

Hi! The bed was by the bath. I liked it--- but the window washer contraption was just to the right.. so I felt that was a bit of an eyesore. Loved the privacy though all the way in the aft of the ship! Enjoy! the EDGE is beautiful and make sure to eat dinner OUTSIDE when you dine at Blu!  They'll serve breakfast and/or dinner outside if in port and not windy. We had a fabulous dinner under the stars one night! And of course, the spa is beautiful! loved taking advantage of it with Aqua class!

Thanks for the great info about your cabin! If you have time, it would be great if you reviewed your cabin on the Edge Class sticky. It would be helpful for others to know about the window washer outside your window and the benefit of privacy in the aft.

Here is the link to the thread for you or anyone else who has sailed on the Edge (just copy and paste the template in a post and type in your info and submit - I will enter it in the spreadsheet). Thanks! 🙂

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2609144-edge-class-cabin-information-compilation-please-do-not-post-cabin-questions-here/

12 hours ago, sheltielover1973 said:

Thank you so much! This is great info.  We also love being all the way aft and prefer the longer walk.  Can't wait!! 

9 hours ago, welovetahiti said:

6214 please

Your Panoramic Ocean View will have a view of a lifeboat, but it is not on the obstructed list so you should be able to have a nice view straight out. Those cabins have huge floor to ceiling windows. You will be very close to the aft elevators that have easy access to dining venues on 3-4-5 and Oceanview Cafe and pool on 14. 🙂

1242649781_starboard6214xx.jpg.d13586e1d35caaffec097a9f8d0808f4.jpg

I also wanted to add to this thread now that it has been brought back to life that some of the cabins don't match with the deck plans as far as whether the bed is by the bath or balcony. So far, these cabins don't match what people who have been in them have reported:

AQ:

9248 - actually by bath

9257 - actually by balcony

9259 - actually by bath

10228 - actually by bath

10236 - actually by balcony

C2:

9214 - actually by balcony

E2:

8146 - actually by balcony

For the Edge Class Cabin sticky, 7 out of 18 IVs have been different than the deck plans, so not all are wrong.  I wouldn't count on either type until we can figure out a pattern. Hopefully, more people will submit their reviews for the E Class sticky so that we can see the actual configurations of more cabins and maybe find a pattern.