Where's My Cabin?

vtcruising

VT,

Yes indeedy! My friend who is a frequent traveler suggested the ABC southern cruise as one of the best for the Caribbean. It sounds like you are seconding the motion! We have only done the Reflection western Caribbean cruise before. This trip is the dangling shinny thing that we have placed at the end of our heavy work season that we focus on and gets us through the 80 hour work weeks with something to look forward to! Perhaps you will make it on this one and I can personally thank you for all the great work you put into the pics and info. If not, I will look for your December 11268 sky suite photos and dream about our cruise! Take a lot of them please!!!

10 hours ago, Sundae Sailer said:

VT,

Yes indeedy! My friend who is a frequent traveler suggested the ABC southern cruise as one of the best for the Caribbean. It sounds like you are seconding the motion! We have only done the Reflection western Caribbean cruise before. This trip is the dangling shinny thing that we have placed at the end of our heavy work season that we focus on and gets us through the 80 hour work weeks with something to look forward to! Perhaps you will make it on this one and I can personally thank you for all the great work you put into the pics and info. If not, I will look for your December 11268 sky suite photos and dream about our cruise! Take a lot of them please!!!

Yes, these cruises help get us through long work hours. Would love to do the ABC cruise, but don't think I can pull it off with everything else going on next year. If things change....

Now you can say your cruise is less than a year away! :classic_smile:

I finally received my last stateroom assignment for my upcoming trifecta of mini cruises. I was pleased to get an S1 on the port side midship for the United Way cruise on Nov 27 (10147). It is next to a firewall so no pole, mid elevators and hopefully between the two types of S1's will see if either of the beds face the ocean. 🙂

I ended up with a starboard IV for the first cruise so that I can try an IV cabin, be close to the MC action and enjoy the MDRs, a portside midship S1 for the second cruise to compare those sky suites with the aft S1's and enjoy a more convenient location and the third cruise with our preferred aft S1 location with huge balcony. I know this will not be the usual relaxing cruise, with having to move from cabin to cabin, but I am thrilled to be able to explore various types of cabins in different areas of the ship. It's going to be an adventure-filled 7 days! 😊

Nov 25-27:

image.thumb.png.9c6323df8e2d05a489b867eeb1fee0bd.png

Nov 27-29:

image.thumb.png.17158c493a8c31662851ad5af995413b.png

Dec 1-4:

image.thumb.png.3e32a290c7dae66e65ecf0f1debbad32.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I finally received my last stateroom assignment for my upcoming trifecta of mini cruises. I was pleased to get an S1 on the port side midship for the United Way cruise on Nov 27 (10147). It is next to a firewall so no pole, mid elevators and hopefully between the two types of S1's will see if either of the beds face the ocean. 🙂

I ended up with a starboard IV for the first cruise so that I can try an IV cabin, be close to the MC action and enjoy the MDRs, a portside midship S1 for the second cruise to compare those sky suites with the aft S1's and enjoy a more convenient location and the third cruise with our preferred aft S1 location with huge balcony. I know this will not be the usual relaxing cruise, with having to move from cabin to cabin, but I am thrilled to be able to explore various types of cabins in different areas of the ship. It's going to be an adventure-filled 7 days!

Have fun moving from cabin to cabin! Can't wait to hear all about the different cabin types.

And please post whether you find the ship to be cold or not.  I'm Assuming the AC will be working quite well and the ship may be a bit cooler than some of the older ships.  I want to make sure I pack accordingly for Dec 9th. 

8 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Fantastic news for you!  Now if you can only find time, amid all that repacking and moving, to sneak into an S3 and take a few photos for me :classic_biggrin:

Believe me, I am going to try! Maybe I'll grab a cleaning cart and see if I can get in to get some pictures. 😉

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ecslady said:

Have fun moving from cabin to cabin! Can't wait to hear all about the different cabin types.

And please post whether you find the ship to be cold or not.  I'm Assuming the AC will be working quite well and the ship may be a bit cooler than some of the older ships.  I want to make sure I pack accordingly for Dec 9th. 

Okay, I'll add it to my list of things to be cognizant of on this cruise. 🙂

3 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Believe me, I am going to try! Maybe I'll grab a cleaning cart and see if I can get in to get some pictures. 😉

In that case, aim for 11160 – a little extra cleaning is always welcome! :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

Vt...getting even more excited for you and photos of our cabin, 11268  that we share; however you are months ahead of me.  I am not until the TA at the end of April.  Congrats on your cabins so far, and I cannot wait for all of your pristine information about each adventure and cabin on Edge.  You have so many of us excited and on edge about hearing your forthcoming descriptions!

Edited by Lastdance

3 hours ago, Nemanoxer said:

I just noticed that my stateroom 8100 is one of the largest standard rooms on Edge with 242 sq ft.

All of that for me alone.

I am kinda lucky, I guess  :classic_cool:

Sweet! Hope you enjoy it!

Does it have a regular outdoor balc or an enclosed veranda..?  What category?

We'd love to move up to a suite  for a fuuture cruise; but  due to pricing we may go for a reg outdoor balc stateroom and use the savings  to spend on extras..There sure are going to be alot of ways to spend on EDGE

34 minutes ago, hcat said:

Sweet! Hope you enjoy it!

Does it have a regular outdoor balc or an enclosed veranda..?  What category?

We'd love to move up to a suite  for a fuuture cruise; but  due to pricing we may go for a reg outdoor balc stateroom and use the savings  to spend on extras..There sure are going to be alot of ways to spend on EDGE

It is called Deluxe Ocean View or something like that. Outside cabin looking forward, a bit of a tube shape as it seems. Deck 8, stateroom 8100.

No balcony, I did not want to spend a grand for three nights only. I am going solo, so regarding Celebrity's poor appreciation of solo travelers I consider my deal as quite nice. 

Hope you guys have loads of fun spending the saved cash. 

28 minutes ago, Nemanoxer said:

It is called Deluxe Ocean View or something like that. Outside cabin looking forward, a bit of a tube shape as it seems. Deck 8, stateroom 8100.

No balcony, I did not want to spend a grand for three nights only. I am going solo, so regarding Celebrity's poor appreciation of solo travelers I consider my deal as quite nice. 

Glad you got a nice cabin..

The savings plan ( ha ha) has recently come to the fore when we checked future pricing...yikes!

We will already be spending quite enough on 2 booked cruises...one in AQ and the other a Sunset veranda..so  we  decided we need to conserve if we want a 3rd on EDGE.. no suite dreams!

1 hour ago, ecslady said:

It's on the Celebrity website under "Edge Home"  If you use the 3 bar menu of the left hand side, a list of headings come up,  See below for the list.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/

I have tried to look at this link but it keeps changing to the Celebrity UK site and I cant find the information there.

Can anyone help with stopping this happening or provide another way to see the information.

11 hours ago, kearney said:

VT, I noticed two rows of cabins immediately below the bridge (deck 10 and 11)... are these officers cabins?I only see two decks of forward facing cabins on the deck plan.

I suspect you are right about those cabins since they aren't available for booking on the deck plans.

16 hours ago, Nemanoxer said:

I think it’s called a Panoramic Ocean View cabin. They appear quite spacious, and you’ll have a fabulous view. You could throw a party in there😉 I hope you have a wonderful time!

15 hours ago, TonyUK said:

I have tried to look at this link but it keeps changing to the Celebrity UK site and I cant find the information there.

Can anyone help with stopping this happening or provide another way to see the information.

When I want to look at the UK site, I first try searching for it via a private (or anonymous) browser window via the browser I use least. That usually works. If I still have trouble, I clear cache & cookies on that browser, and then search again via a private browser window. I currently have the US site up on Firefox, and the UK site up in a private browser window on Safari. You should be able to do the reverse. Hope this helps.

Edited by Silkroad
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

I think it’s called a Panoramic Ocean View cabin. They appear quite spacious, and you’ll have a fabulous view. You could throw a party in there😉 I hope you have a wonderful time!

That is another category again. My booking confirmation says "Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom". Picture below.

It is advertised as one of the most spacious standard rooms, so I might not even have a clue yet how big it will actually feel. Mighty big, I hope :classic_biggrin: . So, thank you for your good wishes :classic_love: . If only I had more time in it.  

Unbenannt.JPG

12 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I suspect you are right about those cabins since they aren't available for booking on the deck plans.

I took a second look at deck plan. I suspect the row of cabins just below the bridge are officers cabins... likely quick access to bridge deck. The second row of cabins not on the deck plan is the very first row.. I believe it is deck 7... I wonder if these would be for officers or perhaps special guest entertainers.... nicer cabin... but away from the passengers... more private... without sacrificing revenue from say a suite. Not sure what arrangements they make for those folks who come on board for a performance or two.