Where's My Cabin?

vtcruising

I think the overhang on Deck 12 is more significant than any overhang on deck 6. I think the issues on deck 6 will be whether or not you have a lifeboat davit impacting your view and whether it bothers you to over look the top of a tender.  Few if any will have a clear view of the water close to the ship... the lifeboats will likely block that view for most cabins... but then again... unless you like to watch the ship get fuel... not missing much. On starboard side with the MC extending out... I think people will have a nice view of the tenders coming and going.... 

In terms of obstruction... I think I would be bothered most by the sizable MC area that must stickout some 10 feet or more... which I would imagine ..would impact views forward or aft.

9 hours ago, twodjs said:

The overhang from the cabin next door, one deck up, doesn't bother you?

I hadn't thought of an overhang being over the cabin next door and affecting it. I'll have to check out some pictures to see how that might impact cabins next to it. I did find a few pictures at an angle that gave me a better idea of the elevations so I'll check those out. :classic_smile:

9 hours ago, lsb48154 said:

This thread is absolutely amazing! Looking forward to Cabin 11211. I haven’t noticed mention of it or any of its neighbors, though I admit I may have missed some of the posts. We haven’t been away from far aft in a while, so am eager and curious about this. (Always eager for a cruise!😊)

Your suite is in a great location and there's no pole on the balcony!  It has the firewall to one side so it may be a bit quieter on that side. You are close to the elevators so it should be convenient and you have a nice high unobstructed view on a bump out. I think you will enjoy that balcony and all the suite benefits!

image.thumb.png.e657340e8e95f18019fce07424f6b3de.png

Okay, my turn again! As many know, my DH and I are going on 3 short Edge cruises in the next few weeks. The first is a 2 night Press and Trade non-revenue cruise Nov 25, the second the 2 night non-revenue United Way cruise Nov 27 and the 3rd is the 3 night 1st preview cruise on Dec. 1 (first Edge revenue cruise). I had no cabin choice for the 1st cruise as I am an invited guest. I finally received the cabin assignment for the first cruise today (17 days from the cruise) and am thrilled with my assigned cabin! No, we are not bunking with LLP in an Iconic Suite, which would have been my first choice, but my second choice was an IV and that is what we got!

We are in 12136, which is on the 12th deck. I was nervous when she said 12 because of possible pool deck noise, but it looks like it is in the corner of the Mast Grill by the doorway into the Solarium so hopefully will be fine. It is a C1 and the bed is by the bath. The best part is that we will have a front row seat for the Magic Carpet. I really want to be close by when it moves. At least, I hope that they will reposition it on that cruise!  It will cover about 4 cabins on each side when it moves and we are 7 cabins away, so will be very close! I will be able to report back with a video and see what the noise is like, etc. if it is repositioned. I'll also report on noise, if any, when parked at the pool deck. The cabin is centrally located and one deck from the pool, Solarium, Spa and pool bar!  It will be fun to try out the IV and I will measure and photograph every nook and cranny. :classic_smile:

I'm still waiting for the United Way cabin assignment and will be back when I receive that one.

image.thumb.png.632a75b7a71855dfbb4dd779bcbe3520.png

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 3

Vt

Looks like a great location...seems like a smaller overhang than the deck below you, and no struts  or poles.

Hoping for feedback on its unobstructed view,  Enclosed Veranda, bed by bath location on Deck 12 under the grill near Solarium door,  view of the MC,,,...

Enjoy!

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Vt

Looks like a great location...seems like a smaller overhang than the deck below you, and no struts  or poles.

Hoping for feedback on its unobstructed view,  Enclosed Veranda, bed by bath location on Deck 12 under the grill near Solarium door,  view of the MC,,,...

Enjoy!

Thanks! I was nervous about telling my DH since he loves open balconies, but he has heard so much about the IVs, he was excited to try it! I told him this would likely be a low occupancy cruise and that the execs would be at the Retreat and the press, TAs and I would all be exploring the ship so he may have the pool deck to himself. With the open bar and a nice place to read in the sun, he will be happy. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

HI

Folks we are in 12222 it looks like we are going to be in the shade as have large overhang above us , drat being from Scotland we were wanting sum sun.

VT thanks for your pictures managed to work out where our cabin may be.

Dougie and Liz

13 hours ago, amoscotti said:

HI

Folks we are in 12222 it looks like we are going to be in the shade as have large overhang above us , drat being from Scotland we were wanting sum sun.

VT thanks for your pictures managed to work out where our cabin may be.

Dougie and Liz

Your cabin is under the overhang, though you don't have the supports in that area, so that is a plus. You will have a nice high view and you can just go up one deck to the OVC, the pool (and lots of sun), Solarium. Your bed is by the bath. You are under the OVC so may have some noise from above, but will know more once people are onboard. Enjoy all of the benefits of Concierge Class and your infinite veranda! :classic_smile:

image.thumb.png.15980fc7c0b241a605c6db4495f57109.png

11 hours ago, msteries said:

Curious to knowwhat the overhang and balcony looks like for S2 9180.

Once again, thanks for all the help and attention to detail!

It looks like there is some sun up there in the picture below, despite the overhang. There is one of the poles on your balcony, which may or may not be an issue. You are in a nice central location. You are going to have a nice view of the MC from your balcony. It looks like a great spot. Enjoy your suite! :classic_smile:

image.thumb.png.f36202f54cf473b6df22f44dbb6c2760.png

On 11/9/2018 at 11:50 PM, Crewjay123@aol.com said:

Thanks for all you have been doing! Hoping for some clarification on my room.  Think I found it but wasn't too sure.  CS 11112? Friends have the connecting cabin 11114.  It's one of the "family suites". Thanks again! 

It looks like a nice set up. You are near the elevators and all the suite venues. The view looks great. There is some overhang from 14, but it looks like it doesn't block out your sun. You will also be able to watch the Magic Carpet, but be not likely be bothered by any noise. It looks like you have a connecting door in your suite to the C2. Please come back and let us know about the family suite set up. I think many of us would like to try it. It looks pretty awesome!:classic_smile:

image.thumb.png.547f509b5452514118a303d261edd725.png

Edited by vtcruising

11 hours ago, Shanker1 said:

We are in 11199 for the 4/28 T/A and would love any photo's.

Joe

Looks like a nice location near the aft elevators/stairs and not too far from the front elevator to the Retreat Lounge, Sundeck and Luminae.  You are on a bump out and should have a nice unobstructed view. There is a bit of an overhang from 14, but in this picture it looks it looks like the overhang juts out less in that area and your balcony looks sunny . You do have a pole on your balcony - it doesn't look like it will be much of an issue to me. Lucky you, in a suite for a TA! You should have a wonderful trip! :classic_smile:

image.thumb.png.b3b600654f0da51e651465133b0c9988.png

3 hours ago, little britain said:

Cabins which will have MC go past their window.....😐   .... am I right in thinking that 8200,8204,8206,8210...are the block that will be effected?

Those will be affected, along with many others. The picture below shows the path as it moves. It will pass by the 4 sky suites in the center and 4-5 cabins on either side of the center 4 suites. It won't move many times during the day (likely 1-3) and will be announced in the daily planner.

When it is parked at 5, deck 6 and a bit of deck 7 cabins in the path will be obstructed for about 2-3 hours. When it is parked on 14 and 16, it won't block any cabins, but may have some noise/shade issues for those right below it. I think we can guess what some of the issues might be, but will need to see what the actual issues are when she sails in 10 days. On the up side, it will be fun to watch it in action. :classic_smile:

Did you book or are thinking of booking something in the pathway of the MC?

image.thumb.png.c2afec6177e8c0b69453f7b12eaaac4f.png

Many Thanks - just planning my choice of cabin when Apex goes on sale in a few weeks!!  I'm thinking allow for a few past the obstruction so 8182/8184 is looking good to me?  I don't think any poles either?  What do you think?

Or I could go on the other side and ignore it!!!!

ps: why on earth would they put a Sky Suite right there?!

Edited by little britain

1 minute ago, little britain said:

Many Thanks - just planning my choice of cabin when Apex goes on sale in a few weeks!!  I'm thinking allow for a few past the obstruction so 8182/8184 is looking good to me?  Or I could go on the other side and ignore it!!!!

ps: why on earth would they put a Sky Suite right there?!

I actually had one of the sky suites booked (S3's) because I wanted to see the action (reluctantly had to cancel that cruise). They are centrally located and have bigger balconies and are less expensive. They may turn out to be the least popular suites, but who knows, they may be well-loved.

As far as 8182/8184, they should get you out of the way of the MC, but I personally would take 8162 or another one a little further forward to be on the bump out. You will have a better view most likely.

image.png.1ddaa155c0fca1407990a23c60cfd365.png

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sundae Sailer said:

Is there a different board for pic's of the INSIDE of the cabin's? Trying to get a glimpse of a aft corner sky suite. Thanks.

No, there isn't. The IV has a lot of actual pictures and upper suites have some, but I have not seen any pictures of a completed Sky Suite.  I will hopefully be posting pictures in about 10 days. I will be on a Press and Trade cruise with some open cabins for viewing hopefully, but and I will be in a Sky Suite of some sort (still to be assigned) on Nov 27 cruise and then in 11268 corner aft S1 for the Dec 1 cruise. I will for sure be able to post pictures of the S1 aft Dec 1, but hopefully will see one before. I'm having a hard time waiting as well!! 🙂

3 hours ago, Sundae Sailer said:

VT,

Ha! I'll be in 11269 next November 15th! So your pic's of 11268 should be spot on. Thanks so much for all the great pic's and info. Very excited.

Is that the ABC cruise?  If so, that will be a great cruise to be in the aft. We were in an S1 corner aft for a 14 night on the Eclipse last year that included the ABC's. It was amazing! Of course, any cruise in an aft S1 would be fine with me! 🙂