Where's My Cabin?

vtcruising

Thanks for all of your work! We will be in S1-11209 Sky Suite in January. Does the bed face the ocean?

Looks like a great spot, with bump out and elevator nearby. I'm sure you will enjoy all of the suite benefits too! Celebrity reps still say all sky suite beds face the ocean, but we will have to wait until November to find out for sure. :D

enhance

enhance

I'm actually in 10272 on the inaugurals back to back-- Dec 9 and 16th. I can make sure to let you all know. im excited!

I like the location of your AQ. It looks like a quiet area of the ship and great view. Please report back on it! You are so lucky to have AQ for 2 weeks and all of the inaugural special events! :D

Here is the info on the inaugural events, in case you or others missed it. They include experiences like “Taste of Edge,” featuring samples from the world class restaurants onboard. Other limited edition experiences include: Exceptional Evening Chic, VIP Private Galley tours, a special Helipad Sail away, Grgich Hills wine tasting, brunch in Eden, and a Dessert Extravaganza in the Grand Plaza.

(scroll down to see all of the events)

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/inaugural-sailings/

enhance

Thanks for the link...nice info and pics

I'm sure there will be lots to experience.

Taster spa treatments sound great.

Wish they'd go with more authentic music on the regular cruises..always a nice touch!

If anyone wants to add his/her cabin to the ship pictures in the first post, please post your cabin number here and I will update the pictures with the new cabins added every few days, as needed. It is fun to see where everyone will be located (and can refer back when the reviews start to come in).

Ransrider in cabin 7130

Thanks much

Ransrider in cabin 7130

Thanks much

Looks like a good location without obstructions and overhangs. You also missed the lifeboat view down below. It looks like you will be living there for a 2 week B2B? Should be a wonderful cruise! :D

enhance

I would appreciate it if you could locate 8283. Thanks

Looks like there are no obstructions or overhangs and no lifeboats below. You should have a nice view. You are also nicely located on deck 8, about equally placed between the pool deck and the food and entertainment decks. :D

enhance

Looks like a good location without obstructions and overhangs. You also missed the lifeboat view down below. It looks like you will be living there for a 2 week B2B? Should be a wonderful cruise! :D

enhance

Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply. Curious how you have access to all this information. I'm sure it's in previous posts and I intend to read from the beginning but it will take some time. Must get started!

Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply. Curious how you have access to all this information. I'm sure it's in previous posts and I intend to read from the beginning but it will take some time. Must get started!

I don't have any special information. I collect Edge pictures, review the deck plans and do a lot of counting of little boxes with a magnifying glass. The more I do, the easier it gets! :D

If anyone wants to add his/her cabin to the ship pictures in the first post, please post your cabin number here and I will update the pictures with the new cabins added every few days, as needed. It is fun to see where everyone will be located (and can refer back when the reviews start to come in).

Would you please point out 6144.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would you please point out 6144.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The good news is that you scored one of the few single infinite verandas and are near the elevators and close to all the great new dining venues. :D

enhance

The not so good news is that your cabin has one of the davits (the crane-like things that raise and lower the lifeboats/tenders) in front of your window. That will obstruct your view below the rail of your balcony some. Nanakatandpop posted the picture below of her cabin view with a davit in front. Celebrity worked to get her another cabin since she didn't want an obstructed view. A lot of the cabins on deck 6 will have either a lifeboat just below their windows (maybe a bit will show in the lower glass or will have a davit which sticks up further (into lower half of balcony so would be more of an issue when sitting, though the picture looks like it is to one side).

If you think it will be an issue for you, you could call Celebrity or travel agent, if you booked with one, and see if you can switch cabins. It may not be an issue if you are not planning to spend a lot of time on your balcony or if this type of view isn't distracting for you.Hopefully, there will be a beautiful ocean view, not cars. ;)

c2e458c8ed3ea03ddb5110d864192ca0.jpg

Looks like a great spot, with bump out and elevator nearby. I'm sure you will enjoy all of the suite benefits too! Celebrity reps still say all sky suite beds face the ocean, but we will have to wait until November to find out for sure. :D

enhance

enhance

Thanks! Are all of those staterooms to the right of our stateroom in the picture infinite balcony staterooms? I didn't realize that there were so many infinite balcony staterooms. It looks like they are the norm on this ship rather than an exception.

I’m booked in 10185 (booked as Concierge but it changed to Aqua Class - delighted!) for July 2018 and just this week blew my budget by adding a second week. Can only afford a deluxe ocean view - 9106 - but I know we will still have a wonderful time.

Wendy

The good news is that you scored one of the few single infinite verandas and are near the elevators and close to all the great new dining venues. :D

enhance

The not so good news is that your cabin has one of the davits (the crane-like things that raise and lower the lifeboats/tenders) in front of your window. That will obstruct your view below the rail of your balcony some. Nanakatandpop posted the picture below of her cabin view with a davit in front. Celebrity worked to get her another cabin since she didn't want an obstructed view. A lot of the cabins on deck 6 will have either a lifeboat just below their windows (maybe a bit will show in the lower glass or will have a davit which sticks up further (into lower half of balcony so would be more of an issue when sitting, though the picture looks like it is to one side).

If you think it will be an issue for you, you could call Celebrity or travel agent, if you booked with one, and see if you can switch cabins. It may not be an issue if you are not planning to spend a lot of time on your balcony or if this type of view isn't distracting for you.Hopefully, there will be a beautiful ocean view, not cars. ;)

c2e458c8ed3ea03ddb5110d864192ca0.jpg

Just want to let everyone know that someone on our Jan roll call realized they had a davit issue and her TA is working in it., Neither the TA or guest had any clue any and there are no notations yet on deck plans....

Much thanks for the painstaking hard work of VT in doing the diagrams,,it has helped so many people either with relief or ability to make a switch,

Thanks! Are all of those staterooms to the right of our stateroom in the picture infinite balcony staterooms? I didn't realize that there were so many infinite balcony staterooms. It looks like they are the norm on this ship rather than an exception.

69% of the cabins are IV. :D

As an after tought, I think this ship has many more potential view issues than I recall on other style ships..There are davits, some tall light bars, or ladder looking things, washing equipment, cabin location inserts, magic carpet issues... no idea yet about noise issues. Sticky note thread will be really important

Once we find a cabin or location we like we tend to stick with it on repeat cruises,, Hope we find it on EDGE class

Edited by hcat

69 % inf verandas ...interesting. I would only do another Inf Veranda if we decide to go back to AQ class which ONLY has I Vs.

..I may love it after having one but at this point, the I V and possibly disappointing BLU location would have to be offset by the amazing Thermal suite inclusion...

As an after tought, I think this ship has many more potential view issues than I recall on other style ships..There are davits, some tall light bars, or ladder looking things, washing equipment, cabin location inserts, magic carpet issues... no udea yet about nouse issues. Sticy note thread will ve really important

Once we find a cabin or location we like we tend to stick with it on repeat cruises,, Hope we find it on EDGE class

Some months ago I looked at the deck plan for deck 11 and drew a sight line from the bridge to see which cabins could see it on the starboard side. Now some consider the bridge an obstruction... I actually like to watch when we pull into port, so I like seeing the bridge. The MC section sticks out so far that many cabins aft of it can not see the bridge.

Any cabin next to a section that sticks out will have a view that prevents a view either forward or aft... the worst are the 3-4 cabins on either side of the MC.. which also have that to contend with. Now it could end up that it is fun to watch the activity associated with it... and any music, laughter and other noise that emanates from it. Now I personally like just the sound of the ocean as the ship glides through the water. However, I like looking at harbors with all the different ships and loading mechanisms in action... so perhaps I would like all the hubbub... not sure... but I will wait for others to judge.

One thing to think about on deck 6. Is that while the lifeboats and davits are likely visible through the bottom half of the window. I don't think they will impact the overall view as much as being next to a section that sticks out. Also, keep in mind that below the lifeboat is deck 5... so even those without a lifeboat impacting their view... looking down the view will still be partially blocked by deck 5... in the mid part of the ship. Nothing is perfect alas.

If you were choosing an S3, of the 4 rooms that comprise this category per floor, would you choose the 2 inside - as an example - (meaning 8204, 8206) or the outer rooms (8200, 8210). I'm trying to decide the lesser of two evils.

If you were choosing an S3, of the 4 rooms that comprise this category per floor, would you choose the 2 inside - as an example - (meaning 8204, 8206) or the outer rooms (8200, 8210). I'm trying to decide the lesser of two evils.

I chose the outside one facing the aft. There is a window on the sides of the balconies of the two end S3’s. I wanted the extra view - I figured the aft one would have less wind when we are moving.

Which decks are available? That may be more important. 😃

Hi all. Is it still ok to ask where my cabin is? We’re in 7102. MC side or not? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is on the MC side but way in the front of the ship. It’s kind of a cool cabin.😃

I will send a picture tomorrow.