Where's My Cabin?

vtcruising

Thank you for your help That's a great deal of information and I really appreciate it! I see exactly what you are talking about and I'm not too sure if I would enjoy a walkway there so I might ask for a different cabin The problem is my sailing is pretty much sold out and we have an infinite verandah guarantee which they confirmed it would not be obstructed so I don't know if that qualifies if there is a railing there because to me that would be an obstruction.

It's hard to know what to do. As kearney said, the rail may be a temporary build and it may not be used as a walkway after the ship is launched. You could call them and tell them you are concerned and see if they have another choice. It will be nice once this ship is sailing and we can get feedback on the cabins before choosing one! :D

VT, you have been doing such a job on all these threads! Thank you is not enough! As you have a chance, could you find 11221 for me? I think it has a slightly obstructed forward view, which I didn’t realize when booking. Trying to get excited again for this much needed cruise!

I will definitely be making some purchases from your stand on the dock!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Since you are a future customer of my port side shop, I will find your cabin. ;)

It is beside a bump out with a bit of an obstruction forward, but otherwise looks like a great location! You are near the elevators that will take you to the MDRs (hope you get to try them all!). In case you didn't know, being in concierge, you will be able to dine at the concierge class luncheon in one of the MDRs when you board. :D

enhance

Since you are a future customer of my port side shop, I will find your cabin. ;)

It is beside a bump out with a bit of an obstruction forward, but otherwise looks like a great location! You are near the elevators that will take you to the MDRs (hope you get to try them all!). In case you didn't know, being in concierge, you will be able to dine at the concierge class luncheon in one of the MDRs when you board. :D

enhance

VT, thanks again! So looking forward to spending plenty of money pre-cruise in your port side shop! Did know about the lunch and am pretty sure we will head there over the buffets for our first C and Edge dining experience.

Some cabins in that area are more obstructed than others. 6212 isn't bad because it misses the davit. It does overlook the front of the lifeboat, but they should have a decent view out otherwise. I think you might be doing some entertaining on your huge aft balcony! ;)

enhance

Thanks for the info! Hopefully, the view straight out will not be too obstructed in the POVs. And, yes, we told them party on our balcony every night! I think we are in 10280 or the one next to it. Can't wait!

It looks like a good location with a clear view! No overhangs or bump out nearby. Best of all is that it is AQ, with the wonderful spa perks and Blu! :D

enhance

This looks like a good choice for a future AQ booking for us..but we,d like to go a few spots down toward aft...away from the life boat below.. Can you tell me what is on the outside deck below, a few doors down and if that it still AQ land.

Thanks vt

This looks like a good choice for a future AQ booking for us..but we,d like to go a few spots down toward aft...away from the life boat below.. Can you tell me what is on the outside deck below, a few doors down and if that it still AQ land.

Thanks vt

Okay, there is a nice bed by the bath AQ that overlooks the Blu veranda on the starboard side - 9278 is circled. Further aft is the Eden veranda. In between is open (white area so maybe storage?) and we could put you in a nice firewall cabin in between the Blu and Eden verandas (9290) with bed by the bath, if you don't want to overlook a dining area (Blu will only be open at breakfast and dinner, but I assume Eden will be busy much of the day). All of those aft IV cabins on 9 and 10 are AQ.

enhance

On the port side, there is a bed by bath AQ overlooking what looks like just a walkway below (9275), with Eden veranda further aft. All of the IVs toward the aft on 9 and 10 are AQ so lots of choices. :D

enhance

I think there is a ramp from deck 6 down into Eden beginning on the port side. I see that VT has noted an Eden veranda on both sides... on deck 5. Just below the ramp from deck 6. I am curious if I am interpreting deck plan correctly... looks like you can access Eden from Deck 6 (portside) as well as public decks. VT is this your interpretation as well?

Thanks....looks like a nice location.

Is there an Eden Veranda both port and starboard?

I haven't paid much attention to EDEN since the early reveal....

Yes, there is an Eden veranda on each side. On the port side there is some outside seating that is covered (under the ramp that goes to 6):

enhance

enhance

This shows the entrances. It looks like there is a promenade all along 5 on both sides from Eden to the theater (except maybe around Raw on 5 on the starboard side). That would be a nice walk in the morning to go for your coffee/tea/breakfast goodies in Eden. :D

enhance

I think I am wrong... while there is a ramp from an area in Eden on 6.... it does not seem accessible from staterooms on deck 6... looks cut off. Not sure what will be up there...

No, it doesn't look like there is a doorway there. Maybe that will change. It looks like the ramp or accessible elevator are the 2 ways to enter Eden on 6.

enhance

I will report back . We will be seeing the Edge the week before as we cross paths with her in Cozumel and Costa Maya as we cruise on the Independence of the Seas.

I'm actually in 10272 on the inaugurals back to back-- Dec 9 and 16th. I can make sure to let you all know. im excited!

Yes, there is an Eden veranda on each side. On the port side there is some outside seating that is covered (under the ramp that goes to 6):

enhance

enhance

This shows the entrances. It looks like there is a promenade all along 5 on both sides from Eden to the theater (except maybe around Raw on 5 on the starboard side). That would be a nice walk in the morning to go for your coffee/tea/breakfast goodies in Eden. :D

enhance

Could be nice for a walk but BLU outside diners might not like folks walking through..That was always an issue for those using loungers along the jogging tracks...The two uses did not mix well.

Could be nice for a walk but BLU outside diners might not like folks walking through..That was always an issue for those using loungers along the jogging tracks...The two uses did not mix well.

I know what you mean- maybe there will be planters to divide the eating and walking areas - something like a French cafe where everyone walks by diners.[emoji2]

c2e458c8ed3ea03ddb5110d864192ca0.jpg

Received this pic from our TA of the obstruction in Cabin 6210.

Thanks, I think the lifeboat davits will be the biggest obstruction for those deck 6 cabins - there are 12 on each side. I am going to figure out those 24 cabins this evening and list them all on another thread. I think that people should know about the davits ahead of time. Thanks for the picture! :D

c2e458c8ed3ea03ddb5110d864192ca0.jpg

Received this pic from our TA of the obstruction in Cabin 6210.

Thanks for that, we were to be in 6211.... exactly opposite this one.... I thought the davit might be in the way, so I switched us to 6209, one cabin down. It is not the obstruction that bothers me...it is the fact that a similar cabin on an S class ship would be identified by Celebrity as being obstructed... but this was not the case on Edge. They do have a number of cabins considered obstructed. Some of the E4/E3 should have been advertised at least as "partially obstructed". It is not as if this could not have been anticipated.

VT on your spreadsheet you might want to have a section for cabins on deck 6 to note lifeboat or davit obstruction.... and the degree to which they feel it impacts the view. I believe everything above the rail will be clear. It just impacts the view below the rail... but still might be important for some passengers when selecting a cabin.

VT on your spreadsheet you might want to have a section for cabins on deck 6 to note lifeboat or davit obstruction.... and the degree to which they feel it impacts the view. I believe everything above the rail will be clear. It just impacts the view below the rail... but still might be important for some passengers when selecting a cabin.

Good idea! Thanks!

WOW..those davits look huge as do the lifeboats.

...I am assuming .these are the "emergency life boats" not the double decker launches for ports to be used the MC staging area?????

( where are they stored?) Or will all the boats be used in an emergency...???

I think the posts, pics and mapping from Vt may have led Celeb to notify travel agents about this issue ...and I agree a thread should be started to alert folks...it is not easy to see it from the deck plans but the pics are quite clear! Maybe a thread about possible obstructed views from what is known,,.

Seems people may still have time to switch with a credit towards a new location....

BLU certainly did not get a favored location!

So if you are seated that would be your view!

vtcruising, I found our three cabins deck 9 (9291, 9293 & ,9295).

Looks like a nice area of the ship! What fun you will have with a group of you with Blu and the Thermal Suite! Looks like your furniture is on your veranda and waiting for you. :D

enhance