Where's My Cabin?

vtcruising

Great news re the firewall cabins - looks like we have one too (not planned at all) so very happy.

Not quite sure what the deck area below our cabin will be though. Did ask Celebrity but they had no idea what I was talking about. They said it would be quiet and not an issue. Have to wait a year to find out :-)

I have a quick question;The magic carpet thing, what ever it is called, what is the idea? like does it go up and down? and if so why? like is it all on it for dinner it goes up and down, or what? and what about people in the cabins along the way people on the carpet thing will be able to see in, so they will need to keep blinds closed for privacy?

or have I got it all wrong?

Great news re the firewall cabins - looks like we have one too (not planned at all) so very happy.

Not quite sure what the deck area below our cabin will be though. Did ask Celebrity but they had no idea what I was talking about. They said it would be quiet and not an issue. Have to wait a year to find out :-)

You are all set- cabins above and below you - 9292 above and 7288 below. :D

I have a quick question;The magic carpet thing, what ever it is called, what is the idea? like does it go up and down? and if so why? like is it all on it for dinner it goes up and down, or what? and what about people in the cabins along the way people on the carpet thing will be able to see in, so they will need to keep blinds closed for privacy?

or have I got it all wrong?

The Magic Carpet is the size of a tennis court and goes up and down the rails and is positioned on 4 different decks. When it is on deck 2, it will be used for tendering, deck 5 as a seafood restaurant, deck 14 as an extension for the pool deck with a full bar and place for live music and table and chairs for guests and occasionally (1-2 times/cruise, most likely), it will be on deck 16 for Dinner on the Edge, an exclusive dinner experience.

The schedule of movement will be in the daily agenda that you receive. My guess is that it will reposition 2-3 times/day. No guests will be allowed on it while it is moving and it is unclear whether staff would be on it at times when it is moving.

On 2, 14,and 16, it will not be in front of any cabins. When it is positioned on 5, the people in cabins on 6 that are in back of the Magic Carpet and right around it, may have some views inside the MC and vice versa, so could put their shades down, unless they want a show. ;) It would only be there 2-3 hrs a day, I would think, for the Magic Carpet seafood restaurant. The times will be in the daily agenda.

You won't have to worry where you are located. :D I think some people are excited to be near the magic Carpet for their first cruise on the Edge to see it work, but we will see if it is disruptive or just a minimal distraction.

The Magic Carpet is the size of a tennis court and goes up and down the rails and is positioned on 4 different decks. When it is on deck 2, it will be used for tendering, deck 5 as a seafood restaurant, deck 14 as an extension for the pool deck with a full bar and place for live music and table and chairs for guests and occasionally (1-2 times/cruise, most likely), it will be on deck 16 for Dinner on the Edge, an exclusive dinner experience.

The schedule of movement will be in the daily agenda that you receive. My guess is that it will reposition 2-3 times/day. No guests will be allowed on it while it is moving and it is unclear whether staff would be on it at times when it is moving.

On 2, 14,and 16, it will not be in front of any cabins. When it is positioned on 5, the people in cabins on 6 that are in back of the Magic Carpet and right around it, may have some views inside the MC and vice versa, so could put their shades down, unless they want a show. ;) It would only be there 2-3 hrs a day, I would think, for the Magic Carpet seafood restaurant. The times will be in the daily agenda.

You won't have to worry where you are located. :D I think some people are excited to be near the magic Carpet for their first cruise on the Edge to see it work, but we will see if it is disruptive or just a minimal distraction.

thank you so much for such a good and detailed answer, now my husband wants to know who you book this sea food one he wants to go haha, he said he didnt see it online

thank you so much for such a good and detailed answer, now my husband wants to know who you book this sea food one he wants to go haha, he said he didnt see it online

He could book Raw on 5 that has some seafood, including the seafood tower:

menu: https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/Raw-On-5_Correct-Order.pdf

Magic Carpet Restaurant has to be booked onboard:

menu: https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/MagicCarpet1.pdf

Hope it is easy to book once onboard! :D

9207 would be greatly appreciated - I keep trying to count / figure it out, but it seems to be just out of frame for most of the close ups

You were right - it was just out side the frame on several pictures. Here it is - looks like a "suite" location! :D

enhance

Nice spot next to a firewall so maybe quieter and a front row seat to the Magic Carpet action. :D

It sounds like your group is going to have a fun cruise!

enhance

Thank you for doing this. This was a guarantee that they already assigned. Looks like a great cabin. We should have a fun cruise, but we always do[emoji3].

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cabin 8100 was spotted, thank you!

One deck higher would be better, but since nothing was left for me there, I guess I will still have a GREAT view and loads of fun with that place.

Gettin nervous.

I've always wanted to try one of those forward cabins. I'll be interested to hear about your experience. Your view will be awesome! :D

He could book Raw on 5 that has some seafood, including the seafood tower:

menu: https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/Raw-On-5_Correct-Order.pdf

Magic Carpet Restaurant has to be booked onboard:

menu: https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/MagicCarpet1.pdf

Hope it is easy to book once onboard! :D

Thank you, I can't get the links to work it just brings me to the celebrity home page

Awesome thread...6214 we opted for a panoramic oceanview...thank you

It's nice that those ocean views have such lovely large windows. You should be able to see what's happening on the Magic Carpet and, if you are on a cruise with a tender port, you would have a front row seat for watching the process of the tenders lowering and going back into place. :D

enhance

Thank you, I can't get the links to work it just brings me to the celebrity home page

Try these links - you have to scroll down a bit for the Raw on 5 menu - it looks blank when you first open it:

Raw on 5

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/Raw-On-5_Correct-Order.pdf

Magic Carpet:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/MagicCarpet1.pdf

If these don't work, I'll post screen shots.

Try these links - you have to scroll down a bit for the Raw on 5 menu - it looks blank when you first open it:

Raw on 5

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/Raw-On-5_Correct-Order.pdf

Magic Carpet:

no sorry just brings me to home page

Raw on 5

Magic Carpet:

This worked fine for me. Thanks for posting. I printed them out. I am traveling with friends on Silhouette this November and they are also sailing with me on Edge. This way we can go over the menus together.

Pat

Here is your aft cabin. It should be a great location with a big balcony! :D

enhance

We’ll be in that cabin on the January 20th cruise on Edge, when will you? Hopefully before us so we can read your review. Thanks.

I wonder how hard it will be to get a seat on Magic Carpet. I think it will be in so much demand that the ship could tip over if they would let everybody access the place at the same time :D

I have read varying limits, from 90-100 people, probably 100 at the beginning of the cruise and 90 toward the end, after we've all gained a few pounds. :D

I wonder how hard it will be to get a seat on Magic Carpet. I think it will be in so much demand that the ship could tip over if they would let everybody access the place at the same time :D

You are so right! Maybe they will rope it off and put in a guard...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums