Cheers program

Sbjefm

It was mentioned 3 different ways in the first post so obviously it has meaning to them as it relates to the program.

I sense you and I are going to become good friends here. I believe the limit was mentioned, not the goal to getting there, rather how not to.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

$955.00 for a 8 day cruise is ridiculous. Period! My biggest complaint with Carnival. Rape!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

wow.....

for people that drink 7+ Alcoholic drinks a day on average, its worth it and they can save a lot of money

for people that dont drink that much, they dont buy it

Rape?????? really????? are you claiming they are forcing you to do something you dont want to? REALLY?

wow.....

for people that drink 7+ Alcoholic drinks a day on average, its worth it and they can save a lot of money

for people that dont drink that much, they dont buy it

Rape?????? really????? are you claiming they are forcing you to do something you dont want to? REALLY?

I drink like a fish, and will not pay $1000 for 8 days of drinks. I’m not “saving” a dang thing, period. I’m being hiney raped.

Attached is an updated version of the spreadsheet ricew001 posted earlier in the thread. Yes, maryred is right, it was originally created for another cruise line (Princess). I've been working on this for about a month, trying to get the most up-to-date information possible. It's still a work in progress, but much closer to completion with last week's help from user Carol Jones. (THANKS, Carol!)

Let me know if it works. It was acting funky on my computer this evening. I had to back it from *.xlsx format to *.xls for archaic CC, so I think that may be a problem.

Wow, that took some work :)

Does Carnival have any history of increasing drink prices over holiday cruises example New Years Eve ?

I drink like a fish, and will not pay $1000 for 8 days of drinks. I’m not “saving” a dang thing, period. I’m being hiney raped.

So, you either smuggle or cruise on another line who does not charge close to 60 a day after grats for their drink package. Choose MSC or NCL, depending on your ship, sailing and cabin choice, you might be able to find something better suited to your liking.

Wow, that took some work :)

Does Carnival have any history of increasing drink prices over holiday cruises example New Years Eve ?

Cruise costs will increase with demand for NYE or Christmas sailings, but drink prices remain the same.

So they are forcing you to cruise and forcing you to buy $1000 worth of booze? Funny

So they are forcing you to cruise and forcing you to buy $1000 worth of booze? Funny

I clearly said I was not buying it. So where you get “forcing” from is a mystery. The only thing “funny” is your DA.

Attached is an updated version of the spreadsheet ricew001 posted earlier in the thread. Yes, maryred is right, it was originally created for another cruise line (Princess). I've been working on this for about a month, trying to get the most up-to-date information possible. It's still a work in progress, but much closer to completion with last week's help from user Carol Jones. (THANKS, Carol!)

Let me know if it works. It was acting funky on my computer this evening. I had to back it from *.xlsx format to *.xls for archaic CC, so I think that may be a problem.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to update the spreadsheet!

I see some mentions of energy drinks--which ones?

I used to bring on plastic bottles of Gatorade to avoid alcohol induced dehydration but Carnival only allows bottles/cans now. I tried the powder Gatorade but they didn't have G2 or my favorite flavors. Never really tasted the same

As someone already said, the energy drinks are Rockstar brand. I remember that they had the ones in the white can (I think it's sugar free) and the ones in the black cans, one of which I think was "regular" and one that was "punched." I don't remember any other varieties off the top of my head. I do know they did not have the orange recovery, which is the only one I can drink because the others have way too much carbonation for my system. (I drink V8 V-Fusion Energy at home, and I learned the hard way about the carbonation in most Rockstar drinks, LOL). This was on the Magic last year.

Thanks so much!!!!

The drink only counts toward your "limit" if: 1) it has alcohol in it, and 2) you use Cheers to pay for it. If you decide to get an Aberfeldy on the rocks, for instance, and tell the bartender that you want to pay for it outside of Cheers, it doesn't count.

On my cruise before the last one, the Alchemy bartenders, at night, were very good at letting you know how many drinks you had -- "Sir, this is number 14 on Cheers." I could then choose to continue to drink by buying out of pocket, or I could get one more on Cheers. Note, however, that once you reach 15 drinks on Cheers, you are not allowed to even buy more. You are fully cut off. As long as you don't get that 15th drink, you can buy all you want.

this is my first carnival cruise and although i will definately buy the drinks package the limit seems a bit harsh. on RC i used to count to see if i got my moneys worth but always forgot to keep count ;-), but im sure some days especially sea days i could do more than 15, also id have drinks just to try them and if really didnt like them would just leave them and order another. hopefully if the GF doesnt drink her quota and i hit mine i can start using hers.

As someone already said, the energy drinks are Rockstar brand.

are these energy drinks included in the cheers package and dont count towards your 15 a day??

this is my first carnival cruise and although i will definately buy the drinks package the limit seems a bit harsh. on RC i used to count to see if i got my moneys worth but always forgot to keep count ;-), but im sure some days especially sea days i could do more than 15, also id have drinks just to try them and if really didnt like them would just leave them and order another. hopefully if the GF doesnt drink her quota and i hit mine i can start using hers.

are these energy drinks included in the cheers package and dont count towards your 15 a day??

Correct, ordering a rockstar and vodka counts as 1 drink. Anything non alcoholic doesn’t count.

Newbie here with a question... I had not even considered the cheers program, as DH and I are only moderate drinkers on vacation, and mostly beer. No way we would each spend the $50 a day in beer to make it worth it. But looking at the list of other beverages that are included, especially that coffees, smoothies, malts, canned beverages, Etc, I am rethinking.

I know there is no sharing allowed with this program. But I'm wondering how much it is or can be enforced? What if I buy a smoothie or coffee drink, and I don't like it, and I pass it to one of my children... Or if I grab cans of Rockstar or bottles of water and take them to my stateroom, I can't promise that one of my kids won't grab it before me...

TIA for any guidance...

Newbie here with a question... I had not even considered the cheers program, as DH and I are only moderate drinkers on vacation, and mostly beer. No way we would each spend the $50 a day in beer to make it worth it. But looking at the list of other beverages that are included, especially that coffees, smoothies, malts, canned beverages, Etc, I am rethinking.

I know there is no sharing allowed with this program. But I'm wondering how much it is or can be enforced? What if I buy a smoothie or coffee drink, and I don't like it, and I pass it to one of my children... Or if I grab cans of Rockstar or bottles of water and take them to my stateroom, I can't promise that one of my kids won't grab it before me...

TIA for any guidance...

This is exactly why I’m thinking it will be a good deal for us. Not trying to be scammy BUT we are travelling with 6 kids and I can’t control what they do when I’m not looking 🤪[emoji849][emoji849] haha. And our room is right down the hall from the shake spot [emoji849][emoji849]

For all the "sharers" out there do what you want but realize that if you are caught they do have the right to cancel you beverage package and not refund you any money

Also that will cause the price of to continue to go up, and maybe eventually lead to something like everyone in room regardless of age would have to have a beverage package for anyone to have it. Of course underage would be restricted to non-alcoholic.