Princess Cruises and shower water rationing

Brisbane41

Not for me. I would be enjoying the day trips in Japan. The ship has good bars and plenty of wine and beer and great food.

The amenities like a shower whilst I would expect facilities that work would only be a minor inconvenience but still with all the chances I have given them I will be expecting financial compensation this time.

I am thinking it is likely to be all repaired by the time I arrive given the noise I am making about it. If not then I will record it each day and go after them big time for financial compensation proportional to what inconvenience it is. Having customer relations at Princess outright lie about there being a problem is what is making me angry now.

Can you imagine how Carnival Corp shareholders would feel if it opened the floodgates to financial compensation for many cruises particularly when it was brought to their attention. Diamond Princess has been haemorrhaging between $100 and $50 in financial compensation per cruise in the form of on board credit just because the in cabin televisions break down for a day or two on a weekly cruise. Imagine what this shower debacle is going to cost them when all the passengers take note and start issuing demands for them.

I must say this is rather comical. I am quite sure that your "going after them big time for compensation" will make for more than a few laughs in the back room and customer service.

Bottom line you know in advance of the cruise that their water pressure may not be acceptable to you. Yet you choose to go on the cruise anyway.

I must say this is rather comical. I am quite sure that your "going after them big time for compensation" will make for more than a few laughs in the back room and customer service.

Bottom line you know in advance of the cruise that their water pressure may not be acceptable to you. Yet you choose to go on the cruise anyway.

I do not have the details of water pressure in every cabin as of yet which is the big issue. I know for a fact there was no issues in cabin C400 in July 2016 and L245 in September 2014.

I know there are issues in L248 in October 2017 and July 2018 and problems also in C535, C511, C517 and C531 in January 2018.

As of October I will be in E105. As I have kept saying I am going mainly for my love of visiting Japan and that the rest of the ship is not an issue.

I would imagine compensation for showers that do not work would be much similar to what they are offering for the broken television sets which they have been pumping out money for the past 9 months for.

Regardless I do not appreciate the lies being spun by customer relations. I am beginning to suspect that they are deliberately reducing water pressure to save money and I will not find out for sure until October. One interesting thing they told me is that they are replacing all the shower heads on that ship and it is taking some time. They have indicated that even the brand new shower head they put on the shower in my cabin is the "older type" which indicates to me that they are replacing the head entirely to a new system and they have admitted the new ones work on less water which is why some cabins that have not been changed over are suffering water pressure problems. They have assured me that they will see to it that the new system is installed in the cabin I am using this October. So I will not know for sure until October whether it is maintenance or negligence or both. Either way I will just be happy for them to tell me the truth and stop lying about it and get the issue fixed.

I do not have the details of water pressure in every cabin as of yet which is the big issue. I know for a fact there was no issues in cabin C400 in July 2016 and L245 in September 2014.

I know there are issues in L248 in October 2017 and July 2018 and problems also in C535, C511, C517 and C531 in January 2018.

As of October I will be in E105. As I have kept saying I am going mainly for my love of visiting Japan and that the rest of the ship is not an issue.

I would imagine compensation for showers that do not work would be much similar to what they are offering for the broken television sets which they have been pumping out money for the past 9 months for.

Regardless I do not appreciate the lies being spun by customer relations. I am beginning to suspect that they are deliberately reducing water pressure to save money and I will not find out for sure until October. One interesting thing they told me is that they are replacing all the shower heads on that ship and it is taking some time. They have indicated that even the brand new shower head they put on the shower in my cabin is the "older type" which indicates to me that they are replacing the head entirely to a new system and they have admitted the new ones work on less water which is why some cabins that have not been changed over are suffering water pressure problems. They have assured me that they will see to it that the new system is installed in the cabin I am using this October. So I will not know for sure until October whether it is maintenance or negligence or both. Either way I will just be happy for them to tell me the truth and stop lying about it and get the issue fixed.

As several people have gone through on this stream reducing water pressure to save money is absurd. The cost of water is fairly trivial in the scheme of things.

Also you are now on the record about complaining about water pressure. A complaint which has gone through their full review process. So if you were to encounter the same problem, the ship would probably take a look, but if elevated to corporate they, who would have access to the current case, would view it as coming from someone who has already complained about the same issue. Not likely to lead to a better outcome than what you got this time. Especially if you are the only one complaining and the ship investigates and decides that it is normal.

One other note in your video the face of the nozzle is almost vertical. Would be interesting to see the water flow if it was adjusted to be almost horizontal.

As several people have gone through on this stream reducing water pressure to save money is absurd. The cost of water is fairly trivial in the scheme of things.

One other note in your video the face of the nozzle is almost vertical. Would be interesting to see the water flow if it was adjusted to be almost horizontal.

The angle is fixed and you cannot change the angle the head is at. The only way you can do that is to physically pick up the shower head and hold it over the top of your head. You can see on the video on the left hand side of the holder is a dial that when turned allows the shower head to be moved up and down the pole but keeps it at the same angle.

Of course they are liars when it comes to their investigation. They are trying to minimise risk because they know that if they admit there is a problem and I post it on social media it will open up the flood gates to all and more claims for compensation for lack of amenities. If you check you the reviews on Diamond Princess it appears that others have mentioned the issue.

Even on the video you can see that water is not coming out of the head evenly and this is supposedly a new head!

The angle is fixed and you cannot change the angle the head is at. The only way you can do that is to physically pick up the shower head and hold it over the top of your head. You can see on the video on the left hand side of the holder is a dial that when turned allows the shower head to be moved up and down the pole but keeps it at the same angle.

Of course they are liars when it comes to their investigation. They are trying to minimise risk because they know that if they admit there is a problem and I post it on social media it will open up the flood gates to all and more claims for compensation for lack of amenities. If you check you the reviews on Diamond Princess it appears that others have mentioned the issue.

Even on the video you can see that water is not coming out of the head evenly and this is supposedly a new head!

Actually it is quite easy. You can adjust both the height and the angle. You simple loosen the knob, change the angle of the holder, and then tighten. Same thing to adjust the height.

Just as a note if you tell someone from customer service that they are lying, your chances of getting a positive outcome drops pretty much to zero.

I think you over estimate the power of social media on this issue.

Actually it is quite easy. You can adjust both the height and the angle. You simple loosen the knob, change the angle of the holder, and then tighten. Same thing to adjust the height.

Just as a note if you tell someone from customer service that they are lying, your chances of getting a positive outcome drops pretty much to zero.

I think you over estimate the power of social media on this issue.

Well what would you do when customer service are clearly lying and you went to them with good faith and no demands except that they get the issue repaired?

The power of social media is irrelevant on this, it is the exposure that is important. People know people and you can guarantee that even exposure on these boards here that management higher up and Carnival will hear about it and there are probably going to be quiet directives to get the issue fixed. If it is fixed on the next cruise then I will be happy and the only update you will see here is a new video with hopefully strong flow proving that a problem existed in L248 which they denied had a problem.

My question isn't about the shower head but the water. If I recall you mentioned somewhere that the video was taken when straight cold was running through it, without the pressure of the hot and cold combined? Is that right or did I misunderstand?

. If you check you the reviews on Diamond Princess it appears that others have mentioned the issue.

Since I am a bit lazy,could you share comments in the reviews that mentioned this issue? My problem with it is I sailed on the Diamond Princess for 32 days this Spring and had no issues nor do I remember anyone else mentioning it nor do I recall anyone else posting on CC. While I believe you had issues I just can’t believe it is something Princess customer relations would lie about. I hope your next cruise goes well and you can move on. Aren’t you also the person who got into a long discussion about Japanese baths?

My question isn't about the shower head but the water. If I recall you mentioned somewhere that the video was taken when straight cold was running through it, without the pressure of the hot and cold combined? Is that right or did I misunderstand?

The water is turned on from one tap only. The second gauge controls temperature and it was always left on the same level. I did try turning them and they made no difference to the pressure. As the ship moved from location to location the temperature would have to be changed as some days the water was too hot and other days too cold depending on how hot or cold it was outside.

Since I am a bit lazy,could you share comments in the reviews that mentioned this issue? My problem with it is I sailed on the Diamond Princess for 32 days this Spring and had no issues nor do I remember anyone else mentioning it nor do I recall anyone else posting on CC. While I believe you had issues I just can’t believe it is something Princess customer relations would lie about. I hope your next cruise goes well and you can move on. Aren’t you also the person who got into a long discussion about Japanese baths?

Can you please tell me what cabin you were in or what deck and area if you do not want to get too personal about location?

I know the problem exists in the vicinity of L248 and C535

My last comment on this thread, that has degenerated somewhat. The fact that the ship is renewing shower heads is in no way an indication of a conspiracy to reduce water pressure. The shower heads are replaced on a regular basis, because they have to be taken off and soaked in a 100ppm bleach solution twice a year, and this tends to remove the "chrome" plating on the plastic shower head eventually, so the heads get replaced due to appearance. And if you think that a customer service agent knows the difference between "lower water pressure" and "low flow" shower head, well, have a good time with your conspiracy. Yes, they probably are changing to low flow shower heads, just as most shower heads sold in the US (and I would assume Oz as well) in the last couple of decades have been.

No issues 3 cabins on Emerald deck in March this year.

2 starboard minis and one port mid ship OV . Mentioned earlier but may have got lost in the amount of posts. FYI if you are collecting areas of ship that were fine as well as iffy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do not have the details of water pressure in every cabin as of yet which is the big issue. .

Can't you bring a pressure gauge and some tools?

Although, I think a flow-meter would be better.

Without any tools, it would be pretty easy to calculate flow-rate by simply using a stop-watch and

a container of a known volume.

Can you please tell me what cabin you were in or what deck and area if you do not want to get too personal about location?

I know the problem exists in the vicinity of L248 and C535

E735 Aft facing balcony