Question about wine

meduza

Can anyone tell me if they put a note on your account during check in time if you bring a wine with you , two bottles that they allow to bring . Should we put them in carry on, or our luggage?

Thanks for any inputs!

We also carry ours on. I know there are special protector bags for wines for travel, but I really don’t want to take the chance. I love wine, but I don’t want to wear it or smell like it through the entire cruise! And no, there isn’t an notations made. You just put it in one carry on and that’s that.

Den

Your carry-on luggage is scanned when you check in to make sure you don't have any liquor or more than 2 bottles of wine. Your checked baggage is checked separately. It would seem that there is no process in place to check if you have one bottle in your carry on and another in your checked baggage. Since both cabin mates don't need to check in together, it would seem that both could carry on one bottle and have another in their checked bag. Finally, the policy is per cabin, not per person.....and since they don't have any procedure to keep track, one might think that each person, checking in separately, could carry two bottles "for the cabin" and perhaps two bottles in their checked baggage as well.

The above is only based on my observation over many celebrity cruises. We actually don't bring wine on board at embarkation, we do, however, occasionally bring unusual wine on board at some port stops...eg. local wine in Bali. The policy, of course, is that they will keep any wine/liquor brought on at a port in storage for you and return it at the end of the cruise. Having said that, our experience is that we have never been asked to leave wine or even liquor we've purchased at a port stop and it's usually just in our scanned backpack or it's own bag..,.they just pass us through. Ok...that's not exactly true...one time the security person watching the scanner stopped us and asked me to check my wine with the guard at the table behind him....I said sure...picked up my bag and turned to find the guard/table...and there was no guard/table anywhere....so I just took it to our cabin.

Who knows what you'll experience :)