Kettle question re Sapphire Princess

Nixieh

I recently read a thread about kettles with an automatic cut off being allowed but I can’t figure out the search function on the mobile 😔. Has anyone who has been on the Sapphire from Southampton this summer taken a kettle? I know there is room service and Int Cafe but my 1st choice would be a kettle to make my own tea when I wake up. You know how us Brits love our tea. 😜 Thanks.

I honestly wouldn't bother with the hassle. If it's a breakfast thing you can have your stateroom breakfast delivered to you at a set time every morning, with all the tea and coffee you need!

Tea kettles even with auto shut off are not allowed on Princess ships. I e-mailed to ask and had a phone call clarification.

Under prohibited items https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/prepare.jsp

• Hookah and Water Hookah Pipes, candles and incense, strike-anywhere matches, clothing irons, heating pads, hot plates, kettles, coffee makers, toasters and other electronic cooking appliances.

Just got back from the Sapphire and I share your pain. I know people talk about roomservice/buffet/IC but all I want is to make a cup of tea when I wake up, not at a pre-determined time for room service, and then sit in bed with it watching Sky news.

Just got back from the Sapphire and I share your pain. I know people talk about roomservice/buffet/IC but all I want is to make a cup of tea when I wake up, not at a pre-determined time for room service, and then sit in bed with it watching Sky news.

So agree.......

We were on the Diamond last year when it was cruising to and from Japan. Kettles were provided in our room (an outside cabin). So the statement "kettles are not allowed on Princess ships" is not always true. Maybe the Japanese like their tea even more than the Brits.

We were on the Diamond last year when it was cruising to and from Japan. Kettles were provided in our room (an outside cabin). So the statement "kettles are not allowed on Princess ships" is not always true. Maybe the Japanese like their tea even more than the Brits.

Actually it is "passenger owned kettles are not allowed on Princess ships"

I feel your pain as will also miss my early morning cuppa in bed.

Yes I know there is room service, just not the same having to wait for some one to bring it.

Then there's the Buffet, I have to get up and dressed for that.......

We are only on her for a week so will go with the flow and survive without them.

Do wish they would follow P&O and RCCL and have kettles in all cabins from the UK.

Oh well they don't, but will cope without.

I feel your pain as will also miss my early morning cuppa in bed.

Yes I know there is room service, just not the same having to wait for some one to bring it.

Then there's the Buffet, I have to get up and dressed for that.......

We are only on her for a week so will go with the flow and survive without them.

Do wish they would follow P&O and RCCL and have kettles in all cabins from the UK.

Oh well they don't, but will cope without.

My solution is to request boiling water (2 carafes), take my PG Tips, and use large thermal mugs. Answer the door in my non see through t-shirt nightie and go from there.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004KXWEAM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also order through the ship's intranet and not the card on the door so it's easy to be specific about the carafes.

This times eleventy bazillion. :(

Sorry not to have replied sooner but I have been busy with packing for my cruise. Thanks for everyone’s replies. I have now bought a King Thermos flask that keeps water really hot for 24 hrs. I have tested it out and if you fill it with boiling water the night before it is still scalding hot the next morning and still makes good tea.

It has been a long time since I started cruising (1954). We were introduced to "kettles' when we first took the P&O Arcadia in 1964. Many cruises since with both P&O and Princess (left P&O when Aurora left us stranded and picked up a Princess ship. Some number of cruises later we have not looked back. Started taking our own kettle when we found that Princess did not provide them. We average 5/6 cruises a year and have taken our thermostatically controlled kettle on every cruise-DW must have her morning coffee! We have not experienced any cruise yet where the kettle was a problem. It sits on the desk, in plain sight and we ask room steward to leave coffee cups. Maybe we have been lucky? but well over a hundred cruises using the kettle.

It has been a long time since I started cruising (1954). We were introduced to "kettles' when we first took the P&O Arcadia in 1964. Many cruises since with both P&O and Princess (left P&O when Aurora left us stranded and picked up a Princess ship. Some number of cruises later we have not looked back. Started taking our own kettle when we found that Princess did not provide them. We average 5/6 cruises a year and have taken our thermostatically controlled kettle on every cruise-DW must have her morning coffee! We have not experienced any cruise yet where the kettle was a problem. It sits on the desk, in plain sight and we ask room steward to leave coffee cups. Maybe we have been lucky? but well over a hundred cruises using the kettle.

You are very lucky --mine was confiscated on the Star after taking it on several cruises.