RC credit card?

You would get 2% back on RC purchases, and only 1% back on non-RC purchases. There are better reward cards, however, you do get $100 OBC just for signing up, so you may want to use it for that.

People will tell you there are better rewards cards percentage wise. I' ve had mine 10 years now. Bank of America does a good job with their website, and the redemption process has improved over the years.

I have one and my wife just got one. First as a new card member you get 10,000 points which converts to a $100 OBC, You must make a purchase on the card 30 day-60 days prior to your sailing. Thereafter you get 1 point for every dollar you charge, which can then be converted to OBC, cruise discounts, etc. If you pay your card monthly, this is free money.

Get it and make an initial purchase as said above.

Use it to pay for your cruise and you get double the points towards OBCs for every dollar you spend on RCCL.

Very easy to get your rewards points.

Make sure you make your purchases at least two billing cycles before you apply for your Royal Caribbean rewards just to be sure.

bosco

We just got this card for both of us...again. Points are good towards either RCCL or X and we bounce between the 2 cruise lines. We get the card for each of us, charge something small and collect the $100 x 2 obc for our upcoming cruise. Right after the cruise we cancel the cards, you have to wait 24 months since you last had the credit card to reapply and get the obc offer again. Bank of America used to have much better points to spending ratio, years ago we never canceled our cards and could get a totally free cruise every year from using the card, once they changed their terms we now rotate the cards every 2 years.

People will tell you there are better rewards cards percentage wise. I' ve had mine 10 years now. Bank of America does a good job with their website, and the redemption process has improved over the years.

I agree, there are probably better cards, we also have had ours for 10 years and BofA has been very gooe. We use ours a lot and then pay it off each month and have gotten enough points that next month we will go on our second free cruise on Liberty. Actually you get credit for a view room and for $500 we were able to move up to a balcony.

The points expire quickly..2 or 3 years. You also get no warning when the points expire. If you are not using it a lot, you're unlikely to be able to get anything other than OBC.

Where'd you hear that one?

It's 5 years and you can easily see when they expire online

Thanks for the correction about the time. I'm not a online user when it comes to finances so I don't get to see this info. There is nothing on the paper statement to show any of this detail and the representatives do not have access to it on the phone. (at least the last one I spoke to was unable to provide it)

Thanks for the correction about the time. I'm not a online user when it comes to finances so I don't get to see this info. There is nothing on the paper statement to show any of this detail and the representatives do not have access to it on the phone. (at least the last one I spoke to was unable to provide it)

B of A has actually improved their website (Royal should take a lesson from them) such that you can see exactly when points expire now.

I got one recently.

10,000 points for first use ($100 OBC), no interest for 18 billing cycles.

And charged our upcoming Aug cruise for another 10,000 points (GS), so $200 OBC for the cruise.

I may or may not use it again.

I got it for the signing bonus, but otherwise don't use it and don't book my cruises on it. My Chase card gives me automatic trip protection insurance so I book all of my travel on that card, cruises included. I did not see trip insurance or lost luggage insurance listed in the benefits for the Royal card.

I have one, and I only use it for vacation related stuff, since you get 2x the points for RC purchases. I pay it off completely every month, so I’m not carrying a balance (the interest rate is pretty steep).

I use an Amex cash back card for everything else (6% back at grocery stores, 3% back at gas stations & department stores, 1% on everything else.)