6 adults in Getaway 2-family haven suite?

dalmoradie

I know the 2-family suites can fit 6, but has anybody had 6 adults in this suite? If so, was it too tight in the cabin?

We currently are booked with 5 adults, but my dad is thinking about joining us. Can 2 people comfortably sleep on the sofa bed in the living room, or is the only option is 2 in the master, 1 on the living room sofa bed and 3 people in the 2nd bedroom?

We have stayed in the 2 bedroom suites on the Breakaway which are identical to the Getaway. Only 1 person can sleep on the couch in the living room. The small bedroom has a double bed on the bottom and room for one on the top bunk. When we booked it with 6 people we planned on taking a blow up mat for the living room so two people could sleep out there, but one person had to cancel last minute so we did not have to do it that way. There is room to put the mat down at night if you rearrange a little furniture.

We have stayed in the 2 bedroom suites on the Breakaway which are identical to the Getaway. Only 1 person can sleep on the couch in the living room. The small bedroom has a double bed on the bottom and room for one on the top bunk. When we booked it with 6 people we planned on taking a blow up mat for the living room so two people could sleep out there, but one person had to cancel last minute so we did not have to do it that way. There is room to put the mat down at night if you rearrange a little furniture.

Thanks for the info. A blowup mat is a great idea - never thought about that.

I know the 2-family suites can fit 6, but has anybody had 6 adults in this suite? If so, was it too tight in the cabin?

We currently are booked with 5 adults, but my dad is thinking about joining us. Can 2 people comfortably sleep on the sofa bed in the living room, or is the only option is 2 in the master, 1 on the living room sofa bed and 3 people in the 2nd bedroom?

Does ship have solo cabins? If so book Dad a solo

We had five adults in a two bedroom suite this past September on the Jewel. Bottom line....it's tight no matter how you do it. Sofa bed in the living room sleeps one and trust me it's not that comfortable. The second bedroom is fine for two adults but the closet is very small.

Would your Dad be willing to pay for the one bedroom in the Haven? I know the Jewel class ships have the one bedroom haven....not sure about the Getaway.

We stayed in a 2 bdroom in the Haven on the Eclipse with 5 adults. We are scheduled on the Bliss and have the same dilemma as my dad I believe will join us turning 5 to 6. Where would one put a blow up mattress? No issue with bringing on board?

I haven't done it, but I've seen it. One of the adults said it was claustrophobic and tried sleeping in the courtyard every night. That didn't go over well.

Oh, I want to hear that story. What happened?

We stayed in a 2 bdroom in the Haven on the Eclipse with 5 adults. We are scheduled on the Bliss and have the same dilemma as my dad I believe will join us turning 5 to 6. Where would one put a blow up mattress? No issue with bringing on board?

I have brought air mattress on 3 cruises and it is not a problem. In the Haven the room steward gives us sheets and a blanket. There is room if you move the coffee table to put the air mattress on the floor next to the couch, then during the day I put the air mattress standing up in the master bedroom so it is out of the way and I do no have to blow it up again.

The couch is uncomfortable unless you ask the room steward for a egg crate mattress topper.I usually put that as a request in the pre-concierge letter.

That's what we did with 6 on the breakaway and it worked out fine. Like previously said, if you move the furniture a little its doable :)

I’ve got a lot of pictures of the 2 bedroom we stayed in here https://gotravellife.com/2018/01/03/about-us/ if it helps. We have had two adults in the bedroom and one kid on the couch- but would’ve needed something like that blow up bed for another adult. Have fun!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’ve got a lot of pictures of the 2 bedroom we stayed in here https://gotravellife.com/2018/01/03/about-us/ if it helps. We have had two adults in the bedroom and one kid on the couch- but would’ve needed something like that blow up bed for another adult. Have fun!!!

Thanks for the pictures. I don't see a pulldown bunkbed in the 2nd bedroom, though. Can you confirm this?

Thanks for the pictures. I don't see a pulldown bunkbed in the 2nd bedroom, though. Can you confirm this?

It comes out of the ceiling. We are going to have 5 adults in January - I'm on the couch and my sister and her husband are in the 2nd bedroom. I think they are going to find the double bed very small but that's what they have to deal with. No one is going to sleep in the upper bunk. I have slept on the couch on the past 2 cruises and getting an egg crate makes it very comfy.

I believe it is in the ceiling but we never pulled it down. When we had my daughter and son in law with us, they slept in the double and my daughter used the living room couch.

We had 4 adults in the 2 bedroom on the Escape, last Fall. My son slept in the second, my daughter slept on the couch, and Mom and Dad had the beautiful king! :D That top bunk in the second bedroom is really sized to fit a child. I don’t think an adult would be comfortable. Also, as mentioned, the second bedroom is rather small.