Specialty Dining Resevations

charlielinda

I made select dining reservation and picked all my dates/times and just booked a dining package. I tried to change my reservations and it is charging me again night by night. Does anyone know how this is done. I called Celebrity and was told no one could make specialty reservations until they are on the cruise. I know for a fact that’s not true. Ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When you buy a package online you have to make a reservation for either first or second night but you can't select the restaurant. You can't make any other reservations online. It's a stupid system but just how it is. Once onboard you just make your reservations to suit you. Last time we had a package we went to book the rest when we boarded and they had no record of our initial reservation!

This promises to be interesting for our Equinox Cruise in September. We have made a reservation for the first night. Then we purchased a dining package separate from the first night. This might throw them into a tizzy. Dealing with Celebrity can be so unnecessarily exciting and painful

You can only make reservations in advance if you are paying for single evenings at a restaurant at full price (or with the first evening discount if offered) Reservations when purchasing a package must be done onboard. Just go to one of the restaurants or one of the tables selling specialty dining as soon as you board and make all reservations. We did this last year on Equinox and it was pretty painless.

Enjoy your cruise!

It has always been such that you can ONLY select one reservation time, first or second night based on availability, for your first specialty dinner reservation with the remainder being scheduled once on board the ship.

The only thing that has changed is the mix of dinners is up to you to select. You are no longer required to dine at certain restaurants as part of the package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This promises to be interesting for our Equinox Cruise in September. We have made a reservation for the first night. Then we purchased a dining package separate from the first night. This might throw them into a tizzy. Dealing with Celebrity can be so unnecessarily exciting and painful

I don't know if you realise this but there are almost always discounts offered onboard for speciality dining on the first night. 50% discounts seem to be the norm as not many people want to reserve for the first night. Worth considering !

............ 50% discounts seem to be the norm as not many people want to reserve for the first night. Worth considering !

Times change, they now started to offer 30% discount pre-cruise via your Cruise Planner so larger discount could well be thing of the past, time will tell.

Thanks so much for your help. I checked and our first night is at 6:00 p.m [emoji33]. Also was told for rest of cruise only specialty is available at 6:00 p.m. My husband is going to kill me but I’m confident I can change once on board. We booked this cruise 40 days out so just happy to be on a ship. I’ll let the small details work themselves out. He’s usually in the hot tub at 6:00 [emoji4]

Thanks so much for your help. I checked and our first night is at 6:00 p.m [emoji33]. Also was told for rest of cruise only specialty is available at 6:00 p.m. My husband is going to kill me but I’m confident I can change once on board. We booked this cruise 40 days out so just happy to be on a ship. I’ll let the small details work themselves out. He’s usually in the hot tub at 6:00 [emoji4]

For the Specialty dinning pack, once you are on board got to any restaurant and select your restaurants and dinning times for each one, also you can change the first night.

I sure hope you've been misinformed.

We booked a 4 night package for the first time for our upcoming Reflection cruise in October because we have a lot of OBC and it is an all EU cruise so we can save the VAT by booking ahead. That said because of food allergies Sushi on 5, Quise/LaPetite Chef and the Porch are all non-starters for us so it is going to be interesting once we board the ship. In the MDR, in Aqua, even at the buffet they can adjust things for us but the three I mentioned just won't work because they all feature fish/seafood. Like I said, it will be interesting and I know they will work it out for us.

I don't know if you realise this but there are almost always discounts offered onboard for speciality dining on the first night. 50% discounts seem to be the norm as not many people want to reserve for the first night. Worth considering !

I would disagree with your post. Discounts are not always offered once on board the ship. If they are being offered, it is because pre-cruise specialty dining bookings were not strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk