Grand out of SF

lbfluffy

Before Grand Princess, Sea Princess was the ship homeported in SF (splitting the year between Australia).

Before that, was the first Regal Princess.

And before that, the first and by-then-decrepit Sky Princess.

I think it safe to assume that Grand Princess will remain in SF as long as she is the oldest ship in the fleet sailing North America.

May 4th of 2020 she is repositioning to Vancouver,not sure who we will get ,Only ships that aren't on repositioning schedule yet In May are Regal ,Crown,Golden,Diamond and Sapphire

Edited by Thegeorges

May 4th of 2020 she is repositioning to Vancouver,not sure who we will get ,Only ships that aren't on repositioning schedule yet In May are Regal ,Crown,Golden,Diamond and Sapphire
Very likely Grand is just going up and back for a quick drydock. Though stranger things have happened than Princess having Grand swap places with Emerald or Ruby: the former having skipped Alaska for Europe in 2019, the latter now on the Australia/Alaska deployment rotation (as Sea Princess did from SF a decade ago).

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Before Grand Princess, Sea Princess was the ship homeported in SF (splitting the year between Australia).

Before that, was the first Regal Princess.

And before that, the first and by-then-decrepit Sky Princess.

I think it safe to assume that Grand Princess will remain in SF as long as she is the oldest ship in the fleet sailing North America.

I believe before the Grand was homeported in SF, it was the Star Princess stationed for this port. I don’t remember the Sea princess being here but I suppose it is possible.

I have been on the Grand about 6 times since it was home ported in SF... have two more cruises booked. While it might be nice to have a change, I am just thankful we have the Grand, Princess has done a great job keeping the ship up and service on board is the best I have experienced on any Princess ship... I have 26 Princess cruises... went on the Royal last year for the TA, like Grand better. Hear they may put the Royal in LA, thought maybe the Ruby might move to SF? Just my thought, like the Ruby as well... We will see I am booked on the Grand thru 1/2020.

Sea Princess was in S F. Sailed on her twice to Alaska. The Star was here for just a few cruises, sailed

her then, they brought up the Grand. Golden was here once, went to Alaska and then to South America I think

and then to other ports.

What their saying. Since Grand going to Vancouver and not rt from here, might be doing Alaska or not

then go some other port. Bring another ship here, they think a bigger ship.

I like the Grand even if older.The crew really like her. Bigger/newer ship would be nice though.

Least we have a ship in S F to sail on and don't have to fly to LA if we don't want to.

Sea Princess was in S F. Sailed on her twice to Alaska. The Star was here for just a few cruises, sailed

her then, they brought up the Grand. Golden was here once, went to Alaska and then to South America I think

and then to other ports.

What their saying. Since Grand going to Vancouver and not rt from here, might be doing Alaska or not

then go some other port. Bring another ship here, they think a bigger ship.

I like the Grand even if older.The crew really like her. Bigger/newer ship would be nice though.

Least we have a ship in S F to sail on and don't have to fly to LA if we don't want to.

I think the Grand is the oldest in the fleet we took the first cruise on the Grand in l998 from Istanbul to Barcelona. At the time the Grand was the biggest ship afloat, people came out in Istanbul and stood on roof tops to watch her leave.

I sailed on the Golden out of SF for a 10 day voyage to Mexico in 2007. I’ve sailed on the Star out of LA down to Mexico in 2002. In 2017 we sailed on the Grand out of SF for a 10 day to Mexico. Next April we’ll sail her to Hawaii for a 15 day cruise. I’m looking forward to a newer ship out of SF. But the Grand was fine

I agree, it is great we have a ship homeported in SF, but it would be nice if they rotated ships. Have been on the Grand many times, because it is ported in SF and it is easier than flying to LA. But a change would be nice. Leaving the 4th of August for Alaska on it, and booked again next year for a coastal trip.