Dining Room Breakfast and Lunch ?????

debnrick

When going to the main dining rooms for breakfast, brunch and/or lunches....can you get a table for two or do you have to sit with other guests? Usually do buffets but are thinking we'd change it up this trip.

When going to the main dining rooms for breakfast, brunch and/or lunches....can you get a table for two or do you have to sit with other guests? Usually do buffets but are thinking we'd change it up this trip.
It's your choice.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Last September we sailed on the Legend and ate breakfast/brunch twice in the Main Dining Room. Both times they sat us a a larger table, even though we asked for 2 seater. The Hostess kinda paused...looked around (very few patrons at the time) and asked if it would be ok to join another larger table. We were a bit hesitant, but it worked out great. Throughout the cruise we saw the same ppl in random places aboard the ship and in port too, where we always enjoyed a few moments catching up.

This May we were on the Splendor and had breakfast/brunch every day in the Main Dining Room. We always asked for seating for 2, and we were always seated as requested.

Last September we sailed on the Legend and ate breakfast/brunch twice in the Main Dining Room. Both times they sat us a a larger table, even though we asked for 2 seater. The Hostess kinda paused...looked around (very few patrons at the time) and asked if it would be ok to join another larger table. We were a bit hesitant, but it worked out great. Throughout the cruise we saw the same ppl in random places aboard the ship and in port too, where we always enjoyed a few moments catching up.

This May we were on the Splendor and had breakfast/brunch every day in the Main Dining Room. We always asked for seating for 2, and we were always seated as requested.

We always like to meet people so we share but if you tell them you want to sit by yourselves she should have honored your wishes

They will attempt to seat larger tables....so you might sit with others. We don't find that to be a problem at all. I'm not sure why folks are so afraid of other cruisers! It's not awful...it can be fun! You're simply getting breakfast!

On cruises with multiple sea days there may be brunch and lunch on alternate days.

Sent from my eye phone using a three legged yak FFS

Yep, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and Alaska 2 week cruises have all had at least 3 breakfast/lunch sea days.

On sea days we go when they open for breakfast and we go late for brunch.

Actually, only the Seaday Brunch Menu is served on sea days and it has both breakfast and lunch items on it. There is no separate breakfast menu on sea days, there's a breakfast menu on port days. The exception is on Journey or extended length cruises when at times the Seaday Brunch menu is not served and both breakfast and lunch are served in the MDR.

Happy cruising.

I just got an email this week for an upcoming cruise and it said not to miss Seaday Brunch from 10-1. I remember the hours being a lot longer than that; was it scaled down?

I miss MDR "lunch"; you could get Sushi on that menu

They will attempt to seat larger tables....so you might sit with others. We don't find that to be a problem at all. I'm not sure why folks are so afraid of other cruisers! It's not awful...it can be fun! You're simply getting breakfast!
Everytime we've gone they've asked if we want table for 2 or sit with group.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk