How Old Were You When You Started Cruising?

My first cruise was 1966

The USS Indpendence. To

Genoa Italy. My dad was being sent to Verona italy.

My second was aboard the

USS United States as we were headed for Germany

I was starting HS.

We’re we’re US ARMY

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My first cruise was 1966

The USS Indpendence. To

Genoa Italy. My dad was being sent to Verona italy.

My second was aboard the

USS United States as we were headed for Germany

I was starting HS.

We were US Army

16 when I went on the Southward. Paid for it myself, and the only way I could go was to get a friend from work who was older than 25 to go with me. I paid for the whole thing so that worked out. My Mother had to sign a consent form for me to travel.

Now I am 42... for just a few more days.

16 when I went on the Southward. Paid for it myself, and the only way I could go was to get a friend from work who was older than 25 to go with me. I paid for the whole thing so that worked out. My Mother had to sign a consent form for me to travel.

Now I am 42... for just a few more days.

Me as well 0806

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

About 37. We were married 14 years before we could afford a honeymoon. Our first was Monarch of the Seas, 7 night Southern Caribbean out of San Juan. We were totally "wowed" and have been cruising the Caribbean ever since!!!

We were 36, first cruise was on Nordic Prince in the Eastern Caribbean 34 years ago. We also were hooked and have been with Royal ever since. Leave in 17 days for our next cruise.

We love young cruises, and one of the things that keeps us coming back to RC over all these years is the diversity of the passenger mix. We have gotten to know so many great people from all over the world over the years.

While we are only young at heart know we look at the younger crowd and it reminds us of our first cruses and all the memories we have.

We are cruising with our grandson in three weeks. He is four and this will be his second RC cruise, breaking him in early.

Edited by jcc1025

32. DH and I needed a vacation. The travel agent in town talked us into the Monarch of the Seas. Southern Caribbean out of San Juan, OV cabin with air for the 2 of us was less $1000.00! That was 15 cruises ago.

My sons were 6 and 4 on their first cruises. They are both Diamond on their own now.

My parents took me on my first cruise after I graduated from college when I was 22. I had no desire to go, but mom bought the ticket anyway and off I went. I am now 46 and my husband and I will be leaving on our 40th cruise together next month. The only cruise we haven't gone on together was that first cruise I didn't want to go on.