How Old Were You When You Started Cruising?

We'd be grateful if any long-time cruisers could reveal the (approximate) ages of when they started cruising??

As a couple, we've been cruising with RC since our late teens/early 20's (5 days off Emerald status after our next trip) but are baffled as to why more people our age don't cruise! Yes, we work hard for our holiday/vacation allowance, but when you add up everything you spend on your typical 18-30 resort break, it really isn't far away from the upfront cost of a cruise.

We'd love to know when you guys started travelling with RC, & what your opinions of young cruisers are....

:)

I was 41 but my youngest daughter was in grade school. She is now 25, D+ and still likes cruising. A few months ago she and a friend who had never before cruised took a cruise to Cuba and had a great time together even though that ship didn’t have all the bells and whistles others do.

DH and I were 26 and 28 for our first cruise, had a blast, won another cruise on that in a bingo game on the last day, and the rest was history, weve been cruising ever since. Our oldest was 2.5 when we brought her the first time (Carnival because they take 2yo) We've cruised often since then, only taking a break when the kids were too young to go, this was before Royal babies and tots. Now our oldest is 26, and crew on Anthem, so I guess it rubbed off lol. And our younger 2 are D+ in their own right...I can imagine our youngest reaching Pinnacle someday as she's only 13.

My first cruise was when I was 21 - a long time ago.

When we married, my husband was not keen on cruising but he booked a cruise to south-east Asia in 2003 (to my great surprise) and we have cruised ever since, most of the time twice a year.

First cruise was our honeymoon. I was 23. We've been cruising ever since. When our two boys were old enough, they went with us. So, 40 years. Now they cruise too. Our oldest took his honeymoon last year on Celebrity. For us it is a happy addiction.:)

We'd be grateful if any long-time cruisers could reveal the (approximate) ages of when they started cruising??

As a couple, we've been cruising with RC since our late teens/early 20's (5 days off Emerald status after our next trip) but are baffled as to why more people our age don't cruise! Yes, we work hard for our holiday/vacation allowance, but when you add up everything you spend on your typical 18-30 resort break, it really isn't far away from the upfront cost of a cruise.

We'd love to know when you guys started travelling with RC, & what your opinions of young cruisers are....

:)

First cruise was with my parents out of NYC. Turned 16 on that cruise. Next cruise not until age 48 (!) and quite a few since. Love cruisers of all ages. [emoji2]

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Forums mobile app

Honeymoon, 1988, was 22yrs old. Hooked right away, made Diamond 20yrs ago. My kids were 2.5 and 9 their first cruise. Oldest is now 28 and Diamond Plus earned herself...
How can a 9 year old afford to pay for a cruise? [emoji6]

We started on Carnivale in January 1989. Late 20's

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I was 12 & sister 16 when we joined our parents on the Queen of Bermuda back to NYC. I didn't get back on a cruise ship until 2002. I think onecruiser only meant their oldest who is now D, earned their level when they started paying for their cruise, not when they were 9.

I was 32, DH 33 and our son was 3. We thought it was the perfect family holiday, these days a great holiday for 2 50 something empty nesters. Our son is now 24 and loves cruising but unfortunately his girlfriend hates it so he doesn't get to cruise much now.

Julie