Wait List Table for 2

Just booked Nieuw Statendam for 7 day 1/13 cruise. We are excited to be on the new ship and if Holland does not sail there, we don't go!

We requested first sitting, table for 2 and we are waitlisted.

Thoughts on the chances of us actually getting that?

BTW, it's not a big deal....we are fine with anytime and always get a table for 2 when we head to dinner early....I'm just curious as to the chances of it happening.

Just booked Nieuw Statendam for 7 day 1/13 cruise. We are excited to be on the new ship and if Holland does not sail there, we don't go!

BTW, it's not a big deal....we are fine with anytime and always get a table for 2 when we head to dinner early....I'm just curious as to the chances of it happening.

I've been waitlisted before and always got my assignment, but we do late dining.

Not sure how popular the sailing is on this ship which could affect things?

Wait a few days to see if those who signed up for a fixed dining time (and a table for two) might want to change their minds later. We always get late-fixed table for two, and as the cruise goes on we see some of those tables for two near by go empty every night after the first few nights. One other option is they can also set up a table for four as a table for two, if they those become available as well. Agree, chances go up for what you want, the later the dining time.

Even though we book the majority of our cruises months in advance, one time we were wait listed for a table for 2 for early dining.

About a month before the cruise, we were notified by our TA who had been called by HAL that our table for 2 in fixed early dining had been confirmed.

So you might get lucky as well. Anything is possible.

You're still quite away from the cruise. When final payment comes due people with confirmed early dining, table for 2 on request, will change their mind and cancel. That will open up some places on the waiting list, and you will move up at least, and perhaps clear the list then.

We always request table for two early seating. We got waitlisted once and then were told that we were assigned to open dining. So we boarded Veendam and went to the dining room to try to get a reservation. Never bothered to look at our key card--by the time we boarded, we had been switched to a table for two (actually we got a four-top for just us which was great) during early dining. Your chances are probably fairly good.

If you can find out who your cruise coordinator is ask for assistance. We were waitlisted for the time/table we wanted until I contacted our coordinator and we got what we asked for the next day