Symphony Christening

They make exceptions. In this case she’s only temporarily sailing in the med and they wanted to do it in her new home port of a Miami at their brand new terminal.

She has been sailing in the Med since 3/31..... this is hardly “temporary”...

Let’s say 6000 guests every week for 17 weeks since that date until now means that 102,000 people have already sailed on her with another 12 weeks to go (another 72,000) before she even gets to the USA.

She’ll be well used....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That was what stood out to me. What is wrong with people? Don't they know he will probably get teased because of his name? Hopefully it's a middle name.
He'll never interact with normal children

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quantum went on a TA to NYC from Southampton (the infamous one as there was a lot of construction still going on). Naming ceremony was in NYC on Nov 14th, 2014, with Kristin Chenoweth as godmother.

Anthem was named in Southampton during a pre inaugual cruise on April 20th, 2015, with Emma Wilby serving as godmother. After this pre inaugural the first cruise with passengers followed.

steamboats

Quantum's "Inaugural" cruise was an 8 day Bahamas Cruise which began on November 23, 2014. It was sold as an Inaugural cruise, but it certainly didn't turn out that way.

Many items that were to be given out as gifts on the Inaugural cruise were handed out to passengers on the cruise from Southampton to Cape Liberty.

Work was still being done when we boarded on November 23 and continued through most of the cruise.

Captain and Hotel Director said that they had no idea that the November 23 cruise was sold as Inaugural!!!!

Quantum's "Inaugural" cruise was an 8 day Bahamas Cruise which began on November 23, 2014. It was sold as an Inaugural cruise, but it certainly didn't turn out that way.

Many items that were to be given out as gifts on the Inaugural cruise were handed out to passengers on the cruise from Southampton to Cape Liberty.

Work was still being done when we boarded on November 23 and continued through most of the cruise.

Captain and Hotel Director said that they had no idea that the November 23 cruise was sold as Inaugural!!!!

If the gifts were not intended to be given out on the Southampton - NY crossing, then why did they go to the effort and expense of shipping the gifts all the way to England in the first place? They would not have done this if they were only intended to be given out on a sailing that left from NY.

Therefore the gifts were clearly intended for those of us who were on the first TA sailing.

LB > who still has the back pack, bag and other stuff that was given out on the crossing, unlike those who had them on eBay before the sailing was finished.

If the gifts were not intended to be given out on the Southampton - NY crossing, then why did they go to the effort and expense of shipping the gifts all the way to England in the first place? They would not have done this if they were only intended to be given out on a sailing that left from NY.

Therefore the gifts were clearly intended for those of us who were on the first TA sailing.

LB > who still has the back pack, bag and other stuff that was given out on the crossing, unlike those who had them on eBay before the sailing was finished.

I agree with Patti, everything I remembered reading had to do with trying to appease the TA passengers due to the sad shape the vessel was in. The goodies likely came from China so it's not like they were shipped from Miami.

Of course I was not a passenger on either voyage.

I agree with Patti, everything I remembered reading had to do with trying to appease the TA passengers due to the sad shape the vessel was in.

But most of the goodies were in the cabin upon embarkation - did RCI already know they'd have to appease some?

Biker, who thinks the appeasing came after with FCCs, free internet and the sort.

Have no idea, just stating what we were told on board by those who knew how, where and when those gifts were supposed to be delivered.

I agree with Patti, everything I remembered reading had to do with trying to appease the TA passengers due to the sad shape the vessel was in. The goodies likely came from China so it's not like they were shipped from Miami.

Of course I was not a passenger on either voyage.

So why send the goodies from China to England instead of straight to USA ??

It was announced day 1 of the crossing they there was to be a gift [emoji320] every night, well before things got out of hand with every one jumping on the compensation bandwagon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was announced day 1 of the crossing they there was to be a gift [emoji320] every night, well before things got out of hand with every one jumping on the compensation bandwagon.

Just sharing what I read.

As I stated before, the Captain and the Hotel Director were under the impression that the sailing from Southampton to Cape Liberty was the cruise that the gifts were to be distributed on. Of course, we all know how much more you all received because of the horrible shape the ship was in and rightly so.

When we boarded on November 23 for the actual "Inaugural" cruise, they were still working and things were still not finished. They were still wiring at Guest Services with yards and yards of wiring lying on the floor. It was an obstacle course to say the least.

The Hotel Director, at the Captains Corner get together, when asked about the "Inaugural" cruise stood up and just about lost it and said "How many Inaugural cruises do you folks want"?

Complaints and frustration were flying high on that cruise so much that the Captain held a special meeting in the theater trying to explain to people what was going on and why things were the way they were. He was almost in tears as he was as frustrated as anyone. Again, neither had any idea that the November 23 cruise was advertised and sold as the "Inaugural Cruise to the Bahamas".

We did a b2b so were on board from November 23 until December 12. With all the complaints being generated on the actual Inaugural cruise, Richard Fain and other Top Brass from RCI were on the December 12th cruise to see exactly why everyone was complaining.

We learned never to do an Inaugural cruise again. It just ain't worth it.

Of course, we all know how much more you all received because of the horrible shape the ship was in and rightly so.

We just took the FCC as a bonus on the fairly low priced TA.

Biker, who enjoyed the Quantum maiden sailing and doesn't quite understand the fuss.

We just took the FCC as a bonus on the fairly low priced TA.

Biker, who enjoyed the Quantum maiden sailing and doesn't quite understand the fuss.

LOL ^^^ ditto!

I thought it was a great cruise and I personally had no issues

That sailing into NY in the early hours with 'New York State of Mind' blaring out .... incredible.

As I stated before, the Captain and the Hotel Director were under the impression that the sailing from Southampton to Cape Liberty was the cruise that the gifts were to be distributed on. Of course, we all know how much more you all received because of the horrible shape the ship was in and rightly so.

When we boarded on November 23 for the actual "Inaugural" cruise, they were still working and things were still not finished. They were still wiring at Guest Services with yards and yards of wiring lying on the floor. It was an obstacle course to say the least.

The Hotel Director, at the Captains Corner get together, when asked about the "Inaugural" cruise stood up and just about lost it and said "How many Inaugural cruises do you folks want"?

Complaints and frustration were flying high on that cruise so much that the Captain held a special meeting in the theater trying to explain to people what was going on and why things were the way they were. He was almost in tears as he was as frustrated as anyone. Again, neither had any idea that the November 23 cruise was advertised and sold as the "Inaugural Cruise to the Bahamas".

We did a b2b so were on board from November 23 until December 12. With all the complaints being generated on the actual Inaugural cruise, Richard Fain and other Top Brass from RCI were on the December 12th cruise to see exactly why everyone was complaining.

We learned never to do an Inaugural cruise again. It just ain't worth it.

No more Inaugural cruises for us either. Another fail in communication from RCI. We paid a premium for that "non-Inaugural" cruise. I think Quantum was launched before she was ready. The technology part failed miserably in the beginning......especially in rolling out the Dynamic Dining concept. We felt so bad for Capt Srecko.........and the crew. They were all trying so hard to make everyone happy while trying to get things done/finished/working correctly. All things that should have been ready before any passengers sailed.