Pride of America cruising past volcano?

birdyhunter

Since you will be sailing past in the evening, depending on how far out they will have to be, you should be able to see something.

Since the volcanoes are still active, I think the route is a cruise by cruise decision made by the Captain.

Just returned from a Hawaiian cruise aboard Crystal Symphony and we were treated to a great show on the ride from Hilo to Kona! Spectacular! I am finishing up my blog and you can see the photos of the volcano on the Hilo day!

alpacamybagsblog dot com

Since you will be sailing past in the evening, depending on how far out they will have to be, you should be able to see something. Since the volcanoes are still active, I think the route is a cruise by cruise decision made by the Captain.

The volcano has been continuously erupting since 1983. And the captain will keep the ship a safe distance from the flow.

I was on the June 30th sailing (4 weeks ago) and we did indeed go by the volcano at night. The view is awesome. The captain stated that they will continue to go by the volcano so long as conditions are good. The main issue is the winds, so long as they're not blowing from the volcano towards the ship (which is not how it normally blows) then they will remain doing the viewing.

I was on the June 30th sailing (4 weeks ago) and we did indeed go by the volcano at night. The view is awesome. The captain stated that they will continue to go by the volcano so long as conditions are good. The main issue is the winds, so long as they're not blowing from the volcano towards the ship (which is not how it normally blows) then they will remain doing the viewing.

^^^^

This...sailed the July 21-28 sailing. Viewings began at 7:30pm starboard side. Also had a great view an hour later port-side.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is one of my pics. Amazing sight!

e71f2437b77ec8fbd59e00dd8a6f2c84.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a great picture! Thank you for sharing! We are on the POA in December and although I hope the devastation subsides, it would be great to have scenes like this.

^^^^

This...sailed the July 21-28 sailing. Viewings began at 7:30pm starboard side. Also had a great view an hour later port-side.

Oh I thought it was later! We have a 7:30 dinner reservation that night - maybe we'd better reschedule that! Lol hmmm - or room service on the balcony....

Oh I thought it was later! We have a 7:30 dinner reservation that night - maybe we'd better reschedule that! Lol hmmm - or room service on the balcony....

We had a 7:30 reservation that night as well at Teppanyaki. They cancelled it so we ate at Skyline at 6. Not sure if it was due to the volcano viewing.

We had a 7:30 reservation that night as well at Teppanyaki. They cancelled it so we ate at Skyline at 6. Not sure if it was due to the volcano viewing s

I actually had to call NCL to get a reservation for that night because that date wasn't available online. All other dates were available and it was the same for all of the complimentary restaurants that take a reservation. I thought it was strange - maybe it's because of the viewing. It's our anniversary so I wanted to make sure we had a reservation- I'll move ours to 6. Thanks!

I actually had to call NCL to get a reservation for that night because that date wasn't available online. All other dates were available and it was the same for all of the complimentary restaurants that take a reservation. I thought it was strange - maybe it's because of the viewing. It's our anniversary so I wanted to make sure we had a reservation- I'll move ours to 6. Thanks!

What a wonderful & special way to spend your anniversary! I wish you happiness & many more years together.

It was an amazing, once in a lifetime experience for us....so that night dinner was definitely not the priority! [emoji4]

What a wonderful & special way to spend your anniversary! I wish you happiness & many more years together.

It was an amazing, once in a lifetime experience for us....so that night dinner was definitely not the priority! [emoji4]

Thank you! Yes dinner isn't going to be the priority for us either - can't wait to see the lava flow!

We are on the boat now. Last night we cruised past the area. The lava was not flowing. Didn’t see a thing. A crew member showed us his pictures from the previous week and they were awesome. I have no idea if the lava has stopped totally or if we just had bad luck last night.