Mariner Magazine

Krazy Kruizers

Today, Tuesday- January 10, our Mariner Magazine arrived in mid Pennsylvania..... complete with torn cover. BooHoo! But it was nice to put everything aside and take imaginary voyages as I read through all the pages.

Now I am all the more anxious for February 22 to come when we'll board The Noordam!

It arrived in the mail today! Good to read about some places we have visited already! Apparently the "View & Verandah" promo is creating a lot of interest on HAL's website--- could not get it to respond in any timely manner. HAL has an advisory that the site may be slow due to responses and inquiries about the promo. Don't know if there are any good deals left or not! :(

Hello all,

when I check and download its HAL web page MAriner Magazin, then I only find the old one from Fall 2005..........

Does anyone know, how I can find the latest one on its HAL Web Page ??

G E R D

:confused:

Was on HAL a few years ago and received maybe 2 of their magazines then it shopped coming. I guess the Canadians are too far north for the postage system. I will call them today and see if I can get them on a regular basis. That is why I haven't cruised with them lately, because I don't know what is going on in the cruising world. But yesterday, I just booked an Alaska cruise on the Zuiderdam with them, so maybe they will reconsider sending them to me.

We got ours last Friday in California, last name begins with M :)

Sorry Copper, only good boys and girls get it in Calif!!! hehehe :)

Hey Zigster; they must have made a mistake because I got mine in the mail today too:) Nice talking to ya, though, hose dragger;) !

Was on HAL a few years ago and received maybe 2 of their magazines then it shopped coming. I guess the Canadians are too far north for the postage system. I will call them today and see if I can get them on a regular basis. That is why I haven't cruised with them lately, because I don't know what is going on in the cruising world. But yesterday, I just booked an Alaska cruise on the Zuiderdam with them, so maybe they will reconsider sending them to me.

You Mariners that aren't getting the magazine should contact HAL and advise them about it. You should be getting it on a regular basis. Cruise Queen, you guys in BC are closer to Seattle and HAL than we are here in So Cal.;) Should be no reason why you're not getting the magazine IMHO. Give it a try:)

Ours is not here yet either... our mail service has been horrible lately though, I used to get my Denver Business Journal on Thursday - without fail; then it started showing up on Fridays and stayed that way for awhile, now it's Monday and sometimes even Tuesdays - a full week after it goes in the mail - and it's just across town!

Our carrier has been arriving later and later each day too - maybe our post office is short handed.... :confused:

[quote name='Ziggy7'][SIZE=4][COLOR=Black]
Sorry Copper, only good boys and girls get it in Calif!!! hehehe :)
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[B]I guess I'm a bad little boy...

Shhhh - Dont Tell Copper!!!
[/B]
;)

[quote name='bepsf'][B]I guess I'm a bad little boy...

Shhhh - Dont Tell Copper!!!
[/B]
;)[/quote][SIZE=4][COLOR=Black]hahaha Brian!!!!

Did you see to add Grumpy & Slinky to the dinner seating ???? And hotel party ????[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[B]Mailman brought our Mariner Magazine today. :) It's a nice issue.[/B]

[B]It's especially fun for us as among the lovely pictures of passengers is one of a couple we sailed with on Volendam in October. We met them early in our cruise and enjoyed seeing them often around the ship. We had a lot of fun with them.[/B]

[B]What a nice treat to find their photo in the Mariner.[/B]

We got ours yesterday - I was shocked.

Does anyone know how people get their pictures posted? Do they send them in? I'm just curious - I thought our kids had quite a few days on HAL considering their ages, then I saw that family in the magazine!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]I made note of the the demographics of the cruisers HAL selected this year as representative of Mariners. This year the overwhelming majority portrayed in this issue were on the younger side of 'BabyBoomerdom'. Last year there were more mature cruisers portrayed. Must be indicative of the markets they are trying to attract.:cool: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Wow the longer itineraries offered by HAL are really exciting this next year plus!! :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Well the magazine made it to my Canadian location, so it is making its way north of the 49th. I've already read it cover to cover, read aloud to DH and gone on a few virtual cruises. There are some fabulous Itineraries shown including a new port of call, Grand Turk. Its like when the Sears Christmas Wish Book - Catalogue arrived when I was a child....endless possibilities.

Archived