Oceania NEXT

LaCroisiereS'amuse

15 hours ago, pinotlover said:

What was your scheduled boarding time? Somehow I doubt that not having a hairdryer immediately upon boarding, was a life altering event and once the room steward was made aware, one was delivered pronto.

I didn't pay attention to the boarding time.  We should have hang out at the airport longer instead of going to the terminal immediately.  We thought that we could at least sit and take a nap at the terminal before the boarding time.  We saw people trickling in between 7 and 9.  

We heard many other stories of little things like TVs, safes not working.  No not life altering.  It was nice that they gave us all free cocktails last night. 

15 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Are those a couple of USB ports I see in one of cabin photos? 

There are 4 USB Connectors. One on the wall on each side of the bed.  2 at the desk under the mirror. There are 2 110v plugs but it will be hard to use both unless you have slim width plugs. 

5885534D-9DF3-4FDE-A975-94D01A3A3802.jpeg

34 minutes ago, ebslcc said:

There are 4 USB Connectors. One on the wall on each side of the bed.  2 at the desk under the mirror. There are 2 110v plugs but it will be hard to use both unless you have slim width plugs. 

5885534D-9DF3-4FDE-A975-94D01A3A3802.jpeg

Thank you. The outlets provided are better than what we have found on many other ships. It will be nice to charge my Apple Watch on the nightstand. Those narrow 110 outlets that make it hard to use both seem to be a standard fail used by foreign ship builders. We never see that in the US. I bring a Euro plug adapter and often use one of the Euro outlets.

People wonder why WiFi is so slow??

Look Aunt Thelma at all these pictures of our ships cabin! This is what our plug ins look like! 

Not saying Aunt Thelma isn’t interested, just saying having multiple people downloading these type files affects internet speed for all aboard ship. Is a better plan to take all the pictures , then post them after you get home, or maybe even from a WiFi cafe ashore?

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

People wonder why WiFi is so slow??

Look Aunt Thelma at all these pictures of our ships cabin! This is what our plug ins look like! 

Not saying Aunt Thelma isn’t interested, just saying having multiple people downloading these type files affects internet speed for all aboard ship. Is a better plan to take all the pictures , then post them after you get home, or maybe even from a WiFi cafe ashore?

Seems like there are some nannies on the Oceania board telling other people what to do. When they should upload photos and when they should board. I suggest getting a life......

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 2

Agree with the Nanny comment.  I will be on Sirena in May after refurbishment.  This will be our first Oceania cruise and really looking forward to it. Hope there aren’t too many nannies on our voyage.

• Like 1

Charles;

People can upload anything they want or stream anything they want. No problems.

Meanwhile, People are constantly coming here and complaining about internet speeds. Well duh! I found humor in the one post where the poster was both uploading a large file of pictures and complaining about slow WiFi! Now that was funny!

How about that poster complaining about not getting on the ship until 1:00 and not knowing their assigned boarding time!! Oh, but people were showing up at 9:00am! Talking about needing to get a life!

Internet speed have actually improved compared to when we were on board a year ago on the Nautica.  They now block streaming videos (e.g.) unless you pay for the extra cost streaming package.  

WiFi was bad when I was posting at the Horizon.  it’s  Sea Day and wife was needle pointing.  For me just relaxing  and browing the web. 

The best Wifi i experienced so far is next to the shops and at the Martini bar.  Just look for where the new Cisco boxes are on the ceiling. 

E;

Didn’t mean to pick on you! My cousin was on Princess ( I think) back in the summer and he posted about 35 pictures of their complete , every inch of it, buffet line to his Facebook page.   At the end, he too was complaining about WiFi speeds! A couple days later he posted more photos with a note saying he thought they had put him in “ time out” for a couple days for trying to constantly upload large files! I’m sure some future cruisers were clinging to every one of those frames of the buffet line!

Your general photos have been interesting. Our next R ship cruise will be on the Nautica in August, but that is before her refurb. We currently have no future R ship cruises booked after that, so pictures are the only way we’ll see the changes for quite some time.

4 hours ago, ORV said:

Really curious what they have done to the room bathrooms and Horizon. 

Room bathroom is redone with new plastic shower doors new cabinets new lighted mirror ... AC plug is ibehind the mirror. 

BYW no more full length mirror. May be only in the more expensive cabins??

46F8BD58-709E-43C3-A77D-BCBD945F96C3.jpeg

6120A644-13CF-447D-A4A4-54CD1C14DBCC.jpeg

A2DD1EAF-E930-4BFD-8B1A-5CBDC61FF0F1.jpeg

A5A66A56-5C2A-47C2-9018-BF0FC869B053.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ebslcc said:

Room bathroom is redone with new plastic shower doors new cabinets new lighted mirror ... AC plug is ibehind the mirror. 

BYW no more full length mirror. May be only in the more expensive cabins??

Bathroom looks nice

I am glad there is not full length mirror in the cabin  now

:classic_ohmy:

scary waking up & looking in that mirror at the end of the bed 

• Like 1

Thank you very very much for all your work Laurence , it is much appreciated. Your speedy posting is helping us January worldies, I've already seen a power bar that I need to get delivered despite the Christmas rush and postal disruptions up here.

I notice that the bathroom outlet continues to be the 110/220 volt, low power, razor only type. It would be fine for our toothbrush chargers except that I expect it still switches off with the room light.

Bill

5 hours ago, ORV said:

Really curious what they have done to the room bathrooms and Horizon. 

Re : Horizon the changes are relatively minor the chairs are the same, per staff at Horizon the ramps are new or redone for better accessibility, LED chandelier, LED stage lighting... I think there’s LED lights throughout the ship.  

7B1070FF-69DB-4AA8-929B-32D22A4B487A.jpeg

BCBD53A6-56F6-4DD1-A4C3-63BB3647F0D2.jpeg

EB991C0C-CD2E-4C35-B31F-246D824F3D74.jpeg

1B5A9802-D7B8-44E1-9458-AD303CF76C84.jpeg

5DB200C3-CF51-4D07-A047-9D3D77A75690.jpeg

9B4F2E4A-93B6-43E3-BE42-C9B9072AF654.jpeg

3548830F-6BD8-42F9-B6E7-297040EF700E.jpeg

1C7D93EA-07B5-472F-80E1-73DF051473BE.jpeg

E5293860-E917-4C18-B265-538CB25F3FBE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, ebslcc said:

Re : Horizon the changes are relatively minor the chairs are the same, per staff at Horizon the ramps are new or redone for better accessibility, LED chandelier, LED stage lighting... I think there’s LED lights throughout the ship.  

Yes it looked like the  lighting had changed to LED  it is much brighter

Did they remove the big wall  that was in the centre of Horizons? 

How about the smoking room is it still there?

31 minutes ago, Two4Sea said:

I notice that the bathroom outlet continues to be the 110/220 volt, low power, razor only type. It would be fine for our toothbrush chargers except that I expect it still switches off with the room light.

Bill

I wonder

The night light is usually still on when the door is shut  & plugged into the outlet  on the other ships