Oceania NEXT

LaCroisiereS'amuse

1 hour ago, bob brown said:

BTW, that looks like a HUGE gap between the seals, unless you didn't have it closed completely....

The doors were not aligned with each other when the video was shot.  You can see it when the video gets to the end and shows the bottom.  You can hear the sound of the seals when the door is closed.  However, there is no seal, when there are two doors meet in the middle like that, that will withstand a direct spray.  

In the video, it looked like the door was closed from the outside, and then went past the other door, coming to a stop slightly inside the shower, leaving a large gap...kind of a tricky design that seems to need a 'delicate touch', to close properly.....

Whatever, it probably won't affect me, as my accessible shower probably still has a curtain...

Edited by bob brown

21 minutes ago, bob brown said:

In the video, it looked like the door was closed from the outside, and then went past the other door, coming to a stop slightly inside the shower, leaving a large gap...kind of a tricky design that seems to need a 'delicate touch', to close properly.....

Whatever, it probably won't affect me, as my accessible shower probably still has a curtain...

When I shot the video I just tip the door so that it swing shut automatically.  You should have a better seal if you tug it a bit when closing. 

One couple in in our group is in accessibility room 4035. She didn’t even know there’s supposed to be a curtain. She will report it.  

Laurence

Repairs,  filming and photo shoots continues around the ship today.  My guess is all the glitches should be fixed by the World Cruise in January. 

Funny story: the film crew were up at 5 AM setting up their complicated lighting around the center staircase this morning.  I guess they didn’t coordinate with the crew. The crew had setup the Christmas decorations around the ship overnight. The film crew had to tear down the Christmas decorations all around the stairs to do their photos and video filming and then put them up again. 

6FD53CB9-F7E4-4DE3-A721-62A1359AD3A8.jpeg

On 12/10/2018 at 5:53 PM, ORV said:

From that first picture of their rooms it seems there's something odd about those doors by the bed. Are you in one of those inside rooms that are next to the Medical center? 

The first bedroom photo was from our friends accessibility room 4034.  Their closet is located  across their desk + mirror..  Their TV locatied on the wall next to the closet.  It is in an odd location. It is not possible for them to watch TV in bed!

7 hours ago, cbb said:

ok....so tell us what you saw in the video.  Tried changing browsers still nothing.  I'll get my live-in computer guy on this sometime today. 

You've probably got a very good antivirus program....

• Like 1

Happened upon your postings and so glad. Getting off the Insignia nov 18 and yes seeing things going ashore probably to sell and many workers ready to board it was such a sight.  I like seeing you pix,s hard to get a mind set to what was and what is now. Looks like it is brighter but the old wood was neat. Best satisfaction is to go back on her for another cruise and say that was such and such and now look what they have done. The chandler looks really pretty. Will have to go over this another time but thank you for taking your cruise time to let us all know about the updates

On 12/10/2018 at 4:24 PM, seasoned said:

ebslcc,

Also, a photo of a closet in the staterooms (not the suites) with the doors opened, please, if you can. That center panel and a mention of shelves weeks ago have me concerned that the space for hangers is even narrower now.

-Sukey-

I will I’ll take photos of the closets tomorrow when it is emptied. The full closet has a small shelf where the life jackets are stored. There are 18 unused cloth hangers and 2 hangers with the Oceania bath robes.  The middle half closet has 5 hangers. The safe is in the middle of the half closet with 4 drawers underneath.   The closet doors and ALL the drawers are self closing which is very nice!!!  However the full closet door has an extremely heavy magnet. It takes some effort to open the door!!!

On 12/10/2018 at 6:41 PM, no fuss travel said:

Thank you for posting the pictures. Do the drawers slide out quite far by the beds?

An inside picture of all the closets would really be appreciated 

Do suitcases still slide under the bed?

How many drawers in the cabin?

Your pictures are speaking a thousand words as we are preparing for a couple of segments of the world cruise. Thank you again.

The drawers are on the left side of the desk and it is not next to the bed.  

I will take photos of the closets. 

Our carry on luggage fit under the bed but our big suitcase is either too tall or too thick, it hits the bar under the bed so we put it in our closet.  Our friends cabin steward stored their large luggage’s so that’s a consideration if you want to put away your empty luggages. 

The total number of drawers is 7: 4 in the half closet and 3 at the desk. 

BTW the bed, pillows and sheets are VERY comfortable. 

Enjoy your world cruise!

Laurence

On 12/11/2018 at 6:08 PM, ebslcc said:

No promises but I will do what I can to get more photos of penthouse(gobucks requested) 4028 and other rooms on disembarkation.

i took some photos of the library.  I don’t remember how it looked before.  There may be a few pieces of chairs changed and the carpet changed.  I will post them soon.  

If I missed some of your request or some photos I have not covered yet please let me know. 

We just finished 2 great days in Santiago de Cuba.  I will post info in the Cuba board when I have idle time or after our cruise. IMHO there is a lot of missed information from Oceania that is unfair to passengers and the spirit of supporting  the Cuban people.  

I have queued up photos of the main dining room, the library, Toscana where we have another reservation tonight, some food photos including executive chef Mario Santoro’s Terrace specials...

On disembarkation I will try to take cabin photos of the Penthouse suites and 4028.  

Re: Cuba I have lots of info that I will post separately. I think traveling to Cuba is like traveling to the Baltic: travelers will get much more being well informed reading Cruise Critic and TripAdvisor planning your trip. 

This is our last day on board, a Sea Day.  If you have  any info you need or photos you would like me to take please let me know. 

BTW those of you in the upcoming cruises on the Insignia for the next 7 months will have a real treat: executive chef Mario Santoro is on board for almost the entire World Cruise. He is taking 2-3 weeks off in Feb/March.  He is our favorite executive chef for all the cruises we’ve been on. We spent 15 days with him for our South Africa cruise last year and this time on the Cuba Cruise.  He is always walking around checking his staff and listening to passenger feedback.  He personally corrected issues as they are brought up.  He always plans excellent specials getting fresh ingredients from the port of calls. 

Laurence

I do, too....thanks so much for taking valuable time out from enjoying your cruise to answer questions and share your photo's...it is much appreciated!

If you do get a chance to peek at 4028, would appreciate the shower layout as well....thanks again!:classic_smile:

7 minutes ago, bob brown said:

I do, too....thanks so much for taking valuable time out from enjoying your cruise to answer questions and share your photo's...it is much appreciated!

If you do get a chance to peek at 4028, would appreciate the shower layout as well....thanks again!:classic_smile:

You are very welcome.  Is 4028 a regular room or accessibility room?  I will see what I can do re: photos for the room.  

1 minute ago, ebslcc said:

You are very welcome.  Is 4028 a regular room or accessibility room?  I will see what I can do re: photos for the room.  

Accessible room, right next to medical center...I was curious if it is used at times to "expand" the medical center...I read that it has a direct doorway into it...