Oceania NEXT

LaCroisiereS'amuse

1 hour ago, Two4Sea said:

I notice that the bathroom outlet continues to be the 110/220 volt, low power, razor only type. It would be fine for our toothbrush chargers except that I expect it still switches off with the room light.

That is a safety feature in bathrooms because they are wet. There is a fuse in those outlets. Very common in 220 volt systems in the bathroom.  In the US 110 volt system they have been phased out, usually won't find them, new construction or remodeling requires GFCI outlets. On land wiring is grounded to earth. Ship wiring is grounded differenly than on land wiring.  GFCI outlets may not be possible.

My toothbrush lasts about a week on a charge without being plugged in. On a cruise I only plug it in when the light flashes and it does not take long to recharge. Same with my electric shaver.  So I only need an outlet once a week for them for a few hours. Those outlets will be sufficient for me for overnight charging of my watch, phone and tablet. 

Edited by Charles4515

Yes, thank you so much for posting these pictures. 

So far, I am liking what I am seeing.  The club atmosphere remains, but the furnishings, fabrics and carpets look more up to date..not so ‘90’s.

The cabins look much better. Bathroom is what it is size wise, but the negatives have been improved with the overall look. 

54 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Yes it looked like the  lighting had changed to LED  it is much brighter

Did they remove the big wall  that was in the centre of Horizons? 

How about the smoking room is it still there?

It looks as if they have - a pity. We like to sit the quiet side of that at tea - so many of the quartets are just too loud for conversation.

Another mistake is using the handles that are in fashion this week - we have just spent hundreds replacing similar ones in our new house with rounded ones that don't dig big holes in your body when you brush against them.

I too, regret that the 'big' wall in Horizons has been removed.  I always grabbed a table and chairs  behind it so that dave & i could talk to each other and to our friends.

the wall was a good acoustical barrier....the band is way too loud IMO.  I like quiet time in Horizons for Happy Hour having been in port all day or as a nice wind down to my day at sea. 

in my end of cruise survey I always ask that the band dBs be lowered.  All of the other changes I'm seeing in these wonderful photos look great!!!

Edited by cbb

Thanks Laurence so much, for the photo's and answering questions...any chance to get a look at cabin 4028?   Or another accessible one....?

It will be my 'home' for six months,  and I was curious to see especially the way the furniture and bathroom is arranged.   I realize it's usually impossible until the occupants disembark, but if you do get the chance, it would be appreciated...

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!:classic_smile:

Thanks so much for posting the pictures.   I am glad to see that there is quite a bit of wood paneling in the public areas.  The pictures posted by Oceania gave an impression that they were changing everything to a very modern/sterile look, without warmth.

ebslcc,

Thanks for the great posts and photos.

I was glad to see a phone on the desk in what looked like a Category A, B or C stateroom. I hope they have removed all the outdated wall phones in those categories. Speakerphone capability would be an improvement too.

While I'm on walls:

Is there a digital thermostat that can be set to a specific temperature? Or just the same old twirly one to make it "hotter" or "colder"?

And SO important to many of us: Besides the door to the stateroom, do any of the walls hold magnets?

-Sukey-

Finally got to take a look at the pictures - thanks.  Everything looks nice, although I would have preferred a more modern look, plus totally different colors than before.  But at least it's a step in the right direction, and fresh new LIGHT colored furniture in the cabins, plus new wall coverings, carpets, etc. is always good.  Hope I get to cruise in 2019 while everything is still pristine!

Edited by roothy123

37 minutes ago, seasoned said:

ebslcc,

Thanks for the great posts and photos.

I was glad to see a phone on the desk in what looked like a Category A, B or C stateroom. I hope they have removed all the outdated wall phones in those categories.

I thought  they removed the wall phones years ago

1 minute ago, Paulchili said:

Regatta hasn't been refurbished yet, unlike Insignia

Correct...was just responding to Lyn's comment about the removal of wall-mounted phones years ago 😛...sorry for the confusion caused...

ebslcc,

Also, a photo of a closet in the staterooms (not the suites) with the doors opened, please, if you can. That center panel and a mention of shelves weeks ago have me concerned that the space for hangers is even narrower now.

-Sukey-

Thank you for posting the pictures. Do the drawers slide out quite far by the beds?

An inside picture of all the closets would really be appreciated 

Do suitcases still slide under the bed?

How many drawers in the cabin?

Your pictures are speaking a thousand words as we are preparing for a couple of segments of the world cruise. Thank you again.

On 11/15/2018 at 2:28 PM, Wol said:

Easy!

You can make out with reception before the account closes that any unused OBC goes into the crew gratuities.

In the past we've done that or, on several occasions bought watches and the like and entrusted the GM with giving all non-officers raffle tickets for a draw - the crew really seems to get a kick out of that.

I asked about that on the T/A this last 2 weeks or so ago...and I was told No...the additional OBC could not go to the staff???? 

19 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

I asked about that on the T/A this last 2 weeks or so ago...and I was told No...the additional OBC could not go to the staff???? 

I agree  

Usually the OBC comes from the cruise line  so why would  they allow you  to donate their money as extras to the crew

JMO

26 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I agree  

Usually the OBC comes from the cruise line  so why would  they allow you  to donate their money as extras to the crew

JMO

Allowing use of nonrefundable cruise credit to tip employees is a caring gesture on the part of the cruise line toward its employees. Crystal allows cruise credit to go toward either a general crew welfare fund or toward individual employees. I believe HAL also allows it. 

The amount of total compensation a crew member receives and the amount of gratuities paid in aren’t really connected. The crew all have contracts which specifies how much they are paid during their contract period. A crew member doesn’t receive less pay, for a period, because they are on an undersold cruise, or more because they are on a full cruise. Likewise, a cruise member doesn’t make less because they have a grumpy passenger that doesn’t believe in paying gratuities period and opts to reduce or zero out their gratuities payment. They receive their contracted amount. Those gratuity payments, some passengers make, are primarily just additional revenue for the cruise line. 

If you want to ensure specific crew receive extra compensation for special service provided, personally hand them the envelope with the cash. Words of praise on the comments/ evaluation cards go a lot further than money you think you might be leaving at the front desk for them.