Oceania NEXT

LaCroisiereS'amuse

36 minutes ago, wr2next said:

I'm on Insignia now.   I just looked and dont see any connections, HDMI or even USB  anywhere on the sides, bottom or top of the TV in a PH1 suite.   It looks like there are some connections in the middle but the TV is mounted firmly to the wall so I dont know how you would connect anything.    For what it's worth, the new TV and TV menus and quality are a huge improvement.

Guess  they are doing away with the DVD's  for movies on demand

1 hour ago, wr2next said:

We are on the Insigina now. Not sure if any one has discussed it, but the internet on the Insignia is a HUGE improvement. (if its been discussed I apologize I missed it).  We were on the Nautica a few months ago and I was pretty critical of the internet.   Basically the wireless and the connect was worthless on that cruise.   This however is great after the upgrades to Insignia.   Whoever at Oceania was in charge of the Internet and the technology upgrades needs a raise!!!

Can you view your statement on the new TV system?

50 minutes ago, Classiccruiser777 said:

Can you view your statement on the new TV system?

you can.   In addition you can look though all of the movies and TV shows on demand (think like on the airlines), you can look at all of the dining venues and the menus for each , you can see daily offers and all of the standard Oceania fare for spa, excursions as well.   They have a nice job organizing the CATV options (IMHO) 😀

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wr2next said:

you can.   In addition you can look though all of the movies and TV shows on demand (think like on the airlines), you can look at all of the dining venues and the menus for each , you can see daily offers and all of the standard Oceania fare for spa, excursions as well.   They have a nice job organizing the CATV options (IMHO) 😀

Do they still give you a paper copy of  The Currents  nightly  or do you have to rely on the TV edition?

6 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Do they still give you a paper copy of  The Currents  nightly  or do you have to rely on the TV edition?

great question.    They do still give you a paper copy of Currents at night on your bed.   I have not seen it on the TV as an option, but haven't looked.   With how they have the system setup, I would think they would be able to add it as an option.

• Thanks 1

On 12/27/2018 at 2:18 PM, babysteps said:

Currently on Insignia in 4041 (deluxe ocean view). In this cabin only the cabin walls around the bath are slightly magnetic. The cabin door and bath door are highly magnetic. The other cabin walls are not magnetic. 

Thank you Babysteps for taking the time to post. When you said that the walls around the bath are slightly magnetic, do you mean the exterior wall on the side of the bathroom next to the bed or the interior walls of the bathroom? The interior walls of the bathroom use to be highly magnetic and I could use small magnetic hooks to hang little things.

30 minutes ago, wr2next said:

Now I really appreciate that a lot!! First cruise on Riviera next year!! Been with HAL long time and to this day no viewing on TV for statements viewing of dinners etc. now we do have a Navigation app that you get when on ship but it’s almost useless!

Im looking forward to our changing ships for our future!

Denise😊

41 minutes ago, wr2next said:

Huge improvement!!  Can't wait to experience this....really happy to see account on tv and the restaurant daily menus.

58 minutes ago, wr2next said:

great question.    They do still give you a paper copy of Currents at night on your bed.   I have not seen it on the TV as an option, but haven't looked.   With how they have the system setup, I would think they would be able to add it as an option.

This is one case where I think the print version is best, if only for the port agent information -- which can be very important!  If you could only access it on the TV then you have to somehow manage to print it out for yourself.

Having menus, etc., available is a wonderful convenience ... but I'm not so sure about Currents.

Mura

1 minute ago, Mura said:

This is one case where I think the print version is best, if only for the port agent information -- which can be very important!  If you could only access it on the TV then you have to somehow manage to print it out for yourself.

Having menus, etc., available is a wonderful convenience ... but I'm not so sure about Currents.

Mura

Agree - M always carries the Currents with her on the ship as well to look up times, location of activities, etc. If it were only available on TV, you’d have to run to your room each time to get that info 🙂

14 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Agree - M always carries the Currents with her on the ship as well to look up times, location of activities, etc. If it were only available on TV, you’d have to run to your room each time to get that info 🙂

Doesn't 'O' have an app, that lets you see that info on your phone?   Most of the cruiselines now offer this...

Gosh I hope O does not go the way of the APP.  We did a three day preview cruise on the brand new, hi tech Celebrity Edge and one of the most depressing aspects of the cruise was everyone walking about with their cell phones.  The maps , schedules,  and room control are all on the cell phone, and in many public places people were staring at their phones avoiding human interaction.  Very sterile.  Even on the elevator, there was silence.  One of the aspects of traveling with the other pax that we enjoy is chatting with the others.  Might as well be in downtown New York or LA.

We are done with the new Celebrity.

On 12/28/2018 at 7:59 PM, grmmybtty said:

...When you said that the walls around the bath are slightly magnetic, do you mean the exterior wall on the side of the bathroom next to the bed or the interior walls of the bathroom? The interior walls of the bathroom use to be highly magnetic and I could use small magnetic hooks to hang little things.

Both interior and exterior bathroom walls are slightly magnetic. Bath door (both sides) and bath ceiling are strongly magnetic. 

3 hours ago, babysteps said:

Both interior and exterior bathroom walls are slightly magnetic. Bath door (both sides) and bath ceiling are strongly magnetic. 

Thank you Babysteps.  You are probably wondering about all these questions about the magnetic walls and ceilings.  We will be going on the 2020 RTW and I am looking at all the storage possibilities on the newly redecorated Insignia. Amazing how much can be hung up with magnets.

22 hours ago, grmmybtty said:

Amazing how much can be hung up with magnets.

Fine for extra storage in the bathroom on a long voyage but IMO all of those magnets leave the rest of the Suite looking too bulletin boardy... 

Yuk

Think binders with removable plastic sleeves for organization, stores like a book on those long credenzas, and pages can be takes ashore very simply-

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2018 at 3:43 PM, LHT28 said:

How long ago was that ?

I recall many years ago on one of the crossings  they started work on the ship   many unhappy sailors  ..as they should  be

We were on one of those but I think it was the Caribbean Princess where they started work all over the ship.

On 12/8/2018 at 5:44 PM, Go-Bucks! said:

Thanks for the pictures!! I was hoping that someone on this cruise would post some.

I would like to see pics of the Penthouse (PH) suites, including their bathrooms and closets. Wondering about storage space since I'll be on the world cruise. 

The new decor is fresh looking, but similar to all other generic modern ships I've seen.  Personally, I liked the elegant look that the R ships had and would have preferred them keeping the same style but updating it.  They must feel that this style will increase bookings, probably aimed at a younger demographic. 

I too liked the elegant look, now they look much like Princess, Celebrity or RC.

On 12/27/2018 at 4:18 PM, babysteps said:

Currently on Insignia in 4041 (deluxe ocean view). In this cabin only the cabin walls around the bath are slightly magnetic. The cabin door and bath door are highly magnetic. The other cabin walls are not magnetic. 

What about the ceilings?  Are they magnetic?