Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

9 minutes ago, drron29 said:

So now in Porto. Within 20 minutes of being in our hotel I had already had a Portuguese tart and a glass of port.

C9A78BBE-7407-49AA-8404-BE44C5EE3C33.thumb.jpeg.e2c8eb45f5f1a3bd55c73aa6238ffd30.jpeg

But it was a total of 25.5 hours on 4 planes to get here.

25.5 hours?  Were you coming from the Moon?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

25.5 hours?  Were you coming from the Moon?

Just Australia. 9 hours Brisbane to Singapore, 7.5 hours to Dubai, 6.5 hours to Frankfurt and finally 2.5 hours to Porto.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, drron29 said:

Just Australia. 9 hours Brisbane to Singapore, 7.5 hours to Dubai, 6.5 hours to Frankfurt and finally 2.5 hours to Porto.

I know your feelings when I have to go to NZ to visit my daughter......

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, drron29 said:

So now in Porto. Within 20 minutes of being in our hotel I had already had a Portuguese tart and a glass of port.

C9A78BBE-7407-49AA-8404-BE44C5EE3C33.thumb.jpeg.e2c8eb45f5f1a3bd55c73aa6238ffd30.jpeg

That's quick work

Twenty minutes in your hotel room and you've had a tart and a drink.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, drron29 said:

Makes me feel petty for complaining about roughly 20h on planes plus 3h of driving, to get home from Singapore. You Aussies have it rough, for sure! There is no fast way to get anywhere from Oz.

We made it home about 4 hours ago and I've had a glass of wine (or two) already. Looking forward to your trip updates as a tonic for my post-vacation letdown.

• Like 5

I have been looking at your reports and your pix on Le Ponant, jp.   What a fantastic trip, and what food and drink. If you two did not walk so much you would be  obese by now!

It was lovely to look at, even if making me a touch green eyed.

Lola

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Nursing home residents in 2050.

0DBCDDA3-52B5-40E2-9447-73A0E09F18FA.thumb.jpeg.1ebbad211ee80c78407c98db1b8d56d0.jpeg

Sorry, Spins, cannot get the frightening images of these three women out of my brain.  Enough is enough??

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

14 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Makes me feel petty for complaining about roughly 20h on planes plus 3h of driving, to get home from Singapore. You Aussies have it rough, for sure! There is no fast way to get anywhere from Oz.   We made it home about 4 hours ago and I've had a glass of wine (or two) already. Looking forward to your trip updates as a tonic for my post-vacation letdown.

That's lots of flying.  Glad that J.P. and Chris are back home.  Will go over to the Ponant CC board to catch up on your nice visuals and details.  Rest and relax!!  What's your next great adventure planned?

10 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Sorry, Spins, cannot get the frightening images of these three women out of my brain.  Enough is enough??

They are badasses for sure.

Body art starts to sag with gravity...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

They are badasses for sure.  Body art starts to sag with gravity...

Agree 100%!!  That's among the many reasons that I avoided getting such so-called "Body Art".  Such sagging and gravity affects are not fun and/nor pretty. 

Excellent funnies here today at the Cooler.  

Need some good news?  It's at Mon, Mar 20, 2023, 5:24 pm ET.  Spring starts later today.  No more snow and cold??  

From CNN, the cable news network, this morning, they had this headline: Spring equinox 2023: Ancient traditions of renewal echo into the modern world with these highlights:Sweet spring indeed – a time to observe the growing light, listen to the birds, smell the flowers and feel the growing warmth from the sun.  They’re all signs that spring equinox 2023 is arriving. This official first day of spring in the Northern Hemisphere is a sign of rebirth, a time of tradition and a harmonious balance between day and night.

Are we done with this past winter?

Full story at:

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/spring-equinox-2023-scn/index.html

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!  Is one of your future desires or past favorites? See these many visual samples for its great history and architecture.  This posting is now at 101,909 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Silver Spectre said:

I wouldn’t normally post here but I cannot think of a more appropriate place, so this is “sockgate” from a nameless Silversea ship.

695FE024-7E2C-4D69-98D1-8558663D2A6F.jpeg

Is this how you reserve  your seat in the lounge now  ?? 😮😮

• Haha 5