Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

2 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Do you know the difference between snow falling on your face in Colorado on July 3rd versus July 5th?

Two days.

Geez.  Not even a jacket yesterday, then bundled up in a winter coat with snow here today.  It's been a weird Spring here.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, canderson said:

Two days.

Geez.  Not even a jacket yesterday, then bundled up in a winter coat with snow here today.  It's been a weird Spring here.

It's been a weird spring all over the place.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gnome12 said:

I feel for you. Here in Toronto we are only expecting rain (and probable thunderstorms) but I saw the extent of the freezing rain warning on the news. Wish you all the best.

Thank you gnome!  Nothing has started yet.  But the radar looks like this.....

ice.JPG.98f7d190d91f0ba0be6eff9d506a6b0f.JPG

We put all our flashlights and lanterns out last night.  I didn't need them this morning, thankfully.

5 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

July 3rd is a late season snow.

July 5th is an early season snow.

I can tell you, @TrulyBlonde will be ticked if she sees a late season snow this year, as well as @mysty. 😁

Mysty would have a hissy with either the July 3rd or the July 5th snow.  Mysty's hissies are not pretty!

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, canderson said:

Not even a jacket yesterday, then bundled up in a winter coat with snow here today.  It's been a weird Spring here.

Sorry about those dealing with snow and cold.  Here in Central Ohio, we are doing fairly well.  Need proof?  Below is our forecast today from AccuWeather, It now at 9 am is 71F.  On the way to a high in the low 80'sF.  Plus some examples for our Spring daffodils.  Looking like Spring is here for us?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

From AccuWeather for Columbus, below is our forecast today.  PLUS, an example of the many, many daffodils that have been coming up, UP at our home.  Spring seems to be here in this part of Ohio!!:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these visuals larger/better!)

image.thumb.png.8a6a80faac2210fa429fba18a6f51234.png

image.thumb.jpeg.b35d3340a9c80bdae29b76af3dde71b7.jpeg

• Like 3

On 3/29/2021 at 9:07 PM, QueSeraSera said:

"If you smile at me

I will understand

Cause that is something

Everyone, everywhere

Does in the same language"

Can you guess, this is the first line in what song?  😐

Wooden Ships by Crosby Stills Nash and Young and a later version by the Jefferson Airplane.  This is why I am a killer at trivia

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chrism23 said:
On 3/29/2021 at 9:07 PM, QueSeraSera said:

"If you smile at me

I will understand

Cause that is something

Everyone, everywhere

Does in the same language"

Can you guess, this is the first line in what song?  😐

Wooden Ships by Crosby Stills Nash and Young and a later version by the Jefferson Airplane.  This is why I am a killer at trivia

Not if it takes you 2 years to remember! 🥸

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

July 3rd is a late season snow.

July 5th is an early season snow.

I can tell you, @TrulyBlonde will be ticked if she sees a late season snow this year, as well as @mysty. 😁

That reminds me of an old joke, teasing about Americans' lack of knowledge of other countries customs:  "Do they have the Fourth of July in Canada?"  🤣

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

That reminds me of an old joke, teasing about Americans' lack of knowledge of other countries customs:  "Do they have the Fourth of July in Canada?"  🤣

Yes, it is a regular day that comes between July 3rd and July 5th!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I assume that since we haven't heard from her that Mysty is without power. About 110,000 customers in Ontario are still without power this morning, as well as seemingly over 1 million in Quebec.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, gnome12 said:

I assume that since we haven't heard from her that Mysty is without power. About 110,000 customers in Ontario are still without power this morning, as well as seemingly over 1 million in Quebec.

Yikes!  For someone that posts here daily, I bet it's disconcerting to have run out of battery power on her mobile phone, let alone at her place of residence.  Hopefully, she is doing well, power is restored soon, and she can gallantly return to her rightful place here!

Thanks for stepping in, jp.  It must be awful for poor Mysty to be powerless in every sense of the word; we struggle without her voice on here!  (I typed vice there, good job I had a look and corrected it.)

Lola

• Like 1
  • Haha 1