Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

10 minutes ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

Was planning on a leisurely evening yesterday when friends called at 4pm, and accepted an earlier dinner invite.  So, took stock of the larder and the refer, had just boiled some eggs, and I keep some good tuna in oil around, so given the hot weather, Salad Nicoise was just the ticket.  Did a pretty faithful rendition per Julia Childs "The Way to Cook".  There is a big mound of her French tater salad in the middle, over a bed of lettuce, with tuna, eggs, Kalamata olives, tomatoes, anchovies and parsley, all drizzled with a lemon-dijon vinaigrette.  It makes a nice one dish meal, and looks good on the platter.  Bon appetit!  

IMG_6115.jpeg

I would definitely work for that! Looks delicious.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

Was planning on a leisurely evening yesterday when friends called at 4pm, and accepted an earlier dinner invite.  So, took stock of the larder and the refer...

I'm sure having a well-stocked reefer would enhance any social gathering...  🤣

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, softly darlene said:

Well now, this is certainly more entertaining than an Oceania cruise. (I don't really know, but that's what I've been reading.)

Welcome to the Cooler Softly!  This is an entertaining bunch! 😅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

Uh, actually, getting banned in Florida is now a pretty low bar.  I'll go for the tried and true - Banned in Boston.  Now we're talkin'!!  

We're getting political here.  At least in Florida they don't burn the books. [Or demand that they not be published at all...]

49 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

We're getting political here.  At least in Florida they don't burn the books. [Or demand that they not be published at all...]

Admittedly, Florida - unlike Boston - has not had any molasses floods, that I'm aware of.  I'll give them that.  Plus, the gators sort of clean up the riff raff who venture too close to the water hazards...😛

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

Admittedly, Florida - unlike Boston - has not had any molasses floods, that I'm aware of.  I'll give them that.  Plus, the gators sort of clean up the riff raff who venture too close to the water hazards...😛

They have a marvelous local rule at Florida golf courses that any ball that goes out of bounds is a free drop – no need to go near the gators.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

Plus, the gators sort of clean up the riff raff who venture too close to the water hazards...😛

Except at this fella’s home.  He puts the gators in the trash.

IMG_3512.jpeg.0710a1d745895524a78f1aa37e8614d9.jpeg

Edited by Stumblefoot
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Except at this fella’s home.  He puts the gators in the trash.

IMG_3512.jpeg.0710a1d745895524a78f1aa37e8614d9.jpeg

This is why HOAs in Florida specify you use a trash receptacle! 😄 Oddly enough, the Waste Management guidelines don't specify which day of the week they collect wildlife - regular, bulk trash or recycle day. 

Edited by Dolcevita Diva
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

This is why HOAs in Florida specify you use a trash receptacle! 😄 Oddly enough, the Waste Management guidelines don't specify which day of the week they collect wildlife - regular, bulk trash or recycle day. 

Hi, I didn't realize they call it trash receptacle (or maybe I forgot)........I live in a Condo community and I just call it a "Dumpster"😧.....guess I am not up to date on my garbage terms.

I am up in the North Florida, Duval County and we had an historic election yesterday. First time in the city's history we have elected a Female Mayor!😀

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lirio said:

Very busy work in Brasilia but I manage to take a photo of the cathedral. maybe next time I will take some more. 

20230518_165917.thumb.jpg.2a66add24760bb7c13af78987a41ad1f.jpg

this view is of the roof. the lower part is under the floor, but it is very clear due to the glass roof. around it there is a narrow ring of water

inside there are scuptures of angels that seems to be flying. the architect , Oscar Niemeyer is the same of the church in my home town i showed some months ago.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Lirio said:

this view is of the roof. the lower part is under the floor, but it is very clear due to the glass roof. around it there is a narrow ring of water

inside there are scuptures of angels that seems to be flying. the architect , Oscar Niemeyer is the same of the church in my home town i showed some months ago.

We enjoyed seeing the museum he designed in Niteroi.

• Like 2