Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

5 hours ago, mysty said:

OKAY...I think I now know why I was having issues this morning with mysilversea.  I was able to finally login in.  To my surprise the Guest Information documents now require a Health Acknowledgement.  I am very sure that this was not part of the necessary information when I completed it for our World Cruise a long time ago.

Capture.JPG.35a1a02583e6f4305dfe14821acb43c4.JPG

Silversea Vaccination Status Requirements

Fully Vaccinated Guests: All embarking crew and guests aged 12 years and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least two weeks prior to embarkation. Only guests fully vaccinated with approved WHO vaccines (see here) will be permitted to board. A copy of your vaccination certificate must be uploaded in advance of your travels. In addition, in order to board the ship, the vaccination certificate must be printed in two copies and presented at the terminal during the check-in and embarkation process.

Up To Date Vaccinated Guests: You will need to be fully up to date with your vaccine status (‘up to date’ means a person has received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible), in accordance with each of the countries you plan to visit on your respective itinerary. We recommend that you refer to each country’s official government website to understand the complete vaccination status requirements for entry, as well as the ability to roam freely, enter restaurants, cultural institutions, etc.

Unvaccinated Guests: Silversea will accept unvaccinated guests aged 0 to 11 years old ONLY. All other Silversea guests must be fully vaccinated to board one of our vessels.

Country requirements: Whilst Silversea will facilitate entry into each port of call during each voyage, guests are responsible for complying with entry requirements for the country of embarkation, as well as the travel requirements affecting their return journeys.

Note:  All guests over the age of 11 must be fully vaccinated.

I've lost count of the number of recommended doses, is it 4 or 5 now?

Think I've had 4 but it might be 3 .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reef Knot said:

It isn't for your own country, it is for EACH country that you are to visit. Here in Canada, 2 shots are still considered fully vaccinated, despite the fact that most of us have had one or more boosters. (I am currently at 5 shots; waiting for the newest vaccine to make it 6.) But I believe that some European countries required at one time a booster shot within 6 months of arrival. I don't know what countries currently have vaccination requirements.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Reef Knot said:

I'm really not sure what all the country requirements are.  However,  at the current time please check this website which is keeping track of entry requirements.   Most countries have no restrictions currently. 

https://www.traveloffpath.com/countries-without-any-travel-restrictions-or-entry-requirements/

• Thanks 3

46 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

It isn't for your own country, it is for EACH country that you are to visit. Here in Canada, 2 shots are still considered fully vaccinated, despite the fact that most of us have had one or more boosters. (I am currently at 5 shots; waiting for the newest vaccine to make it 6.) But I believe that some European countries required at one time a booster shot within 6 months of arrival. I don't know what countries currently have vaccination requirements.

When we sailed in May - June 2022 to many European ports our boosters were older than 6 months and there was no issue.

Edited by mysty

24 minutes ago, mysty said:

When we sailed in May - June 2022 to many European ports our boosters were older than 6 months and there was no issue.

I flew into Germany at the end of September 2022 and I don't think there were any vaccination requirements left. There were some masking requirement on trains, but I don't think we had any other restrictions in either Germany or France.

What bothers me about Silversea requiring you to download a vaccination certificate now, is that it may or may not be what is required by the time we actually sail.

Edited by gnome12
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

I flew into Germany at the end of September 2022 and I don't think there were any vaccination requirements left. There were some masking requirement on trains, but I don't think we had any other restrictions in either Germany or France.

What bothers me about Silversea requiring you to download a vaccination certificate now, is that it may or may not be what is required by the time we actually sail.

I think this is an ass covering.   If they require the certificates to sail, then we will provide them.  Not going to chance crossing swords for our big adventure.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We just had the Covid booster and flu shot on the same day.  We were wiped out the whole next day.  I don't recommend doing them at the same time even though our MD said it was okay to do so.  The pharmacist wasn't going to give us cards until we asked for them.

5 hours ago, Emtbsams said:

That was a whole lot more sensible.  We had no reaction from the RSV shot, but the combination of Covid and Flu was really surprising.  Still glad to get them since we leave for Lisbon in a week.

3 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Make those antibodies fast!

I have it on good authority [that I just made up 😉] that pasteis de nata produce robust antibodies to keep you healthy in Portugal.  At least that was my experience during our 3-week trip that ended yesterday...  [And don't give me that "correlation does not imply causation" crap.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!]

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I have it on good authority [that I just made up 😉] that pasteis de nata produce robust antibodies to keep you healthy in Portugal.  At least that was my experience during our 3-week trip that ended yesterday...  [And don't give me that "correlation does not imply causation" crap.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!]

Good to know. We'll be back in March so we'll grab some before we head out to the Açores to celebrate my birthday week!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Good to know. We'll be back in March so we'll grab some before we head out to the Açores to celebrate my birthday week!

The best have been reputed to be from Belém, where they were invented, but the line was long so we passed on that one.  We did try Manteigaria in Bairro Alto, which Rick Steves and our culinary walking tour guide both praised, and found it very good indeed.  [Only Alcoa bakery in Alocobaca was better.]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Emtbsams said:

the combination of Covid and Flu was really surprising. 

Same happening here.  Wife only had the covid, she's fine.  Me, had both, not so much.  Scheduled a doc visit for Monday,

Tomorrow night, DW and I go to a concert by Roger McGiunn right next door in Hopewell VA.  Hope my gut can settle down by then.  We don't get many concerts by well known musicians in our neighborhood.

• Like 2

My scientific survey (talking to 3 or 4 people) shows that this year's covid vaccine has had no  bad reactions, but the flu one has caused a day or two of feeling unwell, even needing to stay in bed for a day or so or at least a fairly sore arm.

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

My scientific survey (talking to 3 or 4 people) shows that this year's covid vaccine has had no  bad reactions, but the flu one has caused a day or two of feeling unwell, even needing to stay in bed for a day or so or at least a fairly sore arm.

Haven't had the latest covid vaccine yet (nor RSV), but the "old geezer 4x" flu shot did not cause DW or me anything more than a slightly sore arm.