Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Hi all,

Personally touched and appreciative and thank all that have thought of me.  I'm fine and so is Miss Sophie. I felt I shouldn't ignore the questions.

I'm enormously proud that The Cooler that I started all those years ago experimentally to be a place for idle people to chat about everything and anything and to be the square root of bugger all remains a safe haven for those that are nice and wish to be unmolested, and I hope that it continues to do so. 

Good travels and times,

Jeff

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

Hi all,

Personally touched and appreciative and thank all that have thought of me.  I'm fine and so is Miss Sophie. I felt I shouldn't ignore the questions.

I'm enormously proud that The Cooler that I started all those years ago experimentally to be a place for idle people to chat about everything and anything and to be the square root of bugger all remains a safe haven for those that are nice and wish to be unmolested, and I hope that it continues to do so. 

Good travels and times,

Jeff

Thanks Jeff for all you have done to create the amity and comfort of the Cooler Bar!  The peanut shells need to be swept and there are a few cobwebs that I couldn't reach.  🙂  So nice to hear that you and Miss S are doing well!

• Like 1

On 10/29/2019 at 8:13 PM, Lois R said:

JP...or anyone really....I think I asked this before but can't remember if it was about this itinerary...….if I am going

to fly from Barcelona to Lisbon, what airline would you recommend? I am booking AMA's river cruise on the Douro

after I arrive in Barcelona from the TA crossing:classic_biggrin:...need to get to Lisbon...…..

Lois

I canceled the TA. Just wanted you to know.

Could not get the cruise line to fix the air which was booked incorrectly from the get go. CC promised to fix and did not. Then

all of my pleas for weeks and those of the TA ignored until last night, the Eve before the final payment. They came back with another option which is also more $. We have a bad taste in our mouths.

5 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Lois

I canceled the TA. Just wanted you to know.

Could not get the cruise line to fix the air which was booked incorrectly from the get go. CC promised to fix and did not. Then

all of my pleas for weeks and those of the TA ignored until last night, the Eve before the final payment. They came back with another option which is also more $. We have a bad taste in our mouths.

Hi Spins, so sorry you are having issues and won't  be going on the cruise.  Hopefully we will meet sometime in the

future.

Hello Cruisers,   While not as quick as Mysty's, my house finally sold.  There were 3 offers once we reduced the price slightly.  Inspection/Radon testing is next week followed by the appraisal.  If all goes well, I can move out of here in mid-December right into my new place.  It is such a relief to have it done BEFORE I board Whisper on Nov. 11.  House packing is mostly done since I had this place painted and carpeted.  Just some of the kitchen and a few other items to do.

Now to concentrate on cruise packing...much more fun!

Missy in Maryland

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, MHF said:

Hello Cruisers,   While not as quick as Mysty's, my house finally sold.  There were 3 offers once we reduced the price slightly.  Inspection/Radon testing is next week followed by the appraisal.  If all goes well, I can move out of here in mid-December right into my new place.  It is such a relief to have it done BEFORE I board Whisper on Nov. 11.  House packing is mostly done since I had this place painted and carpeted.  Just some of the kitchen and a few other items to do.

Now to concentrate on cruise packing...much more fun!

Missy in Maryland

Congrats Missy!  Enjoy your cruise!  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

38 days til next cruise in a warmer clime.

Birthday gift to Dr spins

So last minute but so excited!!

Happy Birthday to Dr. Spins!  Have a wonderful time on this one Spins!  And sorry that your TA booking was such a disaster.

8 minutes ago, mysty said:

Happy Birthday to Dr. Spins!  Have a wonderful time on this one Spins!  And sorry that your TA booking was such a disaster.

Thanks much!

Needed to make up for the freezing cold 25 foot seas TA we just experienced.

:-))

• Like 1

12 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Thanks much!

Needed to make up for the freezing cold 25 foot seas TA we just experienced.

:-))

Ah yes, def need something better than that joyful crossing! Ditto craving warm weather cruise.

And it's only 21 days to mine! But, alas, on Crystal not SS - am a bit apprehensive about the work involved in finding out all the 'wheres' and 'hows' on a totally different ship - won't be as relaxing as it should be. And it should have been the Shadow but SS cancelled that one for the extended dry dock and Crystal was the only other even vaguely comparable cruise I could find in the time frame (which I didn't want to change). We'll see, hope it's not too bad.

All the best to you and Dr Spins, hope you enjoy!

Good morning, Mysty, that is great:classic_biggrin:

Spins, hope you have a fun cruise and Happy Birthday to Mr from me too.

I booked my flight from Barcelona to Lisbon for the river cruise after the TA. Decided to book with TAP.

And for some reason, I have tried to post a reply on another forum (the 55+) and I have no clue what is wrong,

but my post will not submit!!!!  I tried yesterday and this morning:classic_wacko: