Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

10 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Many thanks Jilly. I'm About 3/4 of the way through JPs absolutely amazing blog at the moment so I'll read yours as soon as I'm done. I Have been looking at Titan who were always a really good company and quite luxurious but their reviews (not on their own site but on trust pilot etc) over the last year have plummeted. OH will be staying home so I'm doing this one on my own. Have to make a decision soon.  Disappointed too about the exposition cruise, sounded quite exciting! 

Loving the Blog J.P. 🙂

Great funnies M and DCC. 

Nearly there Lois! When do you fly?

Hi DW....I fly on Friday:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

It seems our new home sits just a few steps from the Trans Canada Trail, officially renamed The Great Trail in September 2016.  According to Wikipedia:  It is a cross-Canada system of greenways, waterways, and roadways that stretches from the Atlantic to the Pacific to the Arctic oceans. The trail extends over 24,000 kilometres (15,000 miles); it is now the longest recreational, multi-use trail network in the world. The idea for the trail began in 1992, shortly after the Canada 125 celebrations. Since then it has been supported by donations from individuals, corporations, foundations, and all levels of government.

The main section runs along the southern areas of Canada connecting most of Canada's major cities and most populous areas. There is also a long northern arm which runs through Alberta to Edmonton and then up through northern British Columbia to Yukon.

The trail is multi-use and depending on the section may allow hikers, bicyclists, horseback riders, cross country skiers, and snowmobilers. In theory, the trail is equipped with regularly spaced pavilions that provide shelter as well as fresh water to travellers, but this varies widely from section to section, and particularly from province to province.

"Mile zero" of the trail is located outside the Railway Coastal Museum in St. John's, Newfoundland.

This is what part of the trail looks like near our new abode:

DSC08644.JPG.ca112fa3385544c34d511b7c55d2171f.JPG

DSC08647.JPG.ebd3bf640d01befb5d3e959db8d1f64c.JPG

I'm looking forward to exploting more of this trail!  A bonus to our move!  🙂 

• Like 2

Mysty, lovely photos!

I am really, really p'od.everyone in my office has been ill (cold, coughing, etc) and omg.... 2 days before I leave my throat is now sore:classic_angry: I bought some zicam and been gargling with warm salt water and drinking tea and sucking on lonzenges…….my problem is normally it goes from my throat to a cold......

NO, NO, NO………...please I cannot get sick!!!!

• Like 1

NO! Lois, that's terrible. I hate when that happens. Usually we are lucky and get sick on the way home. I will wish you well and hope you fight this virus off successfully.

M, happy hiking.

Spins, thanks for the pics and we will have to go to that market next time we head over to Boston.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

NO! Lois, that's terrible. I hate when that happens. Usually we are lucky and get sick on the way home. I will wish you well and hope you fight this virus off successfully.

M, happy hiking.

Spins, thanks for the pics and we will have to go to that market next time we head over to Boston.

Hi JP....any special stuff you can prescribe? LOL...…...wave your Magical MD wand LOL...…...I am really trying to just fight it. I took 2 X strength Tylenol and before I go to bed tonight I may take some

Nyquil. It is the generic but should still work.  And hoping by the time I drive to the airport on Friday

I will be much better (PLEASE)!!!

12 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi JP....any special stuff you can prescribe? LOL...…...wave your Magical MD wand LOL...…...I am really trying to just fight it. I took 2 X strength Tylenol and before I go to bed tonight I may take some

Nyquil. It is the generic but should still work.  And hoping by the time I drive to the airport on Friday

I will be much better (PLEASE)!!!

Whilst one can't speak to specifics, in general you're better off not taking any of that rubbish and leave your immune system alone to deal with the virus. Eat well and sleep well, nature will do what it does.

Whatever happens, I do hope you get to enjoy your trip.

Edited by jollyjones

1 hour ago, jollyjones said:

Whilst one can't speak to specifics, in general you're better off not taking any of that rubbish and leave your immune system alone to deal with the virus. Eat well and sleep well, nature will do what it does.

Whatever happens, I do hope you get to enjoy your trip.

Sorry but the Nyqil worked and helped me sleep all night. I still feel icky but at least I slept for more than 8 hours straight through so my rubbish was good.

Hope you're feeling better for your trip Lois. Bon Voyage!

Well I can't make the dates work for India, the Titan tour had no singles left when I went to book it the next day,  so despite reading JPs amazing blog which has made me want to go even more I can't. The only holiday I seem to be able to find that fits in with my dates is a Nile Cruise. 

Hi friends,,,,,,I still have the cold....the one good thing is I am in business class so on the flight overseas I can lay back and sleep. I don't need to leave for a couple of hours.  All packed.

Thanks for the good wishes.

Just to annoy you, DW, we are 5 weeks away from taking a Great Rail Journeys tour of India's Golden Triangle also visiting Shimla and Rathambore National Park. For a small fee I could find room in my suitcase for a smaller Welshman.... 

• Haha 1

Haha TTS, how about a 6'4" welshman? I might weigh a bit more than 23kilos though. I So wanted to do it but I think to do it justice It would be better to go when we've got more time. Shimla and Ranthambore are musts for me, followed closely by Varanasi and Amritsar. OH has sold quite a few Great Rail Journeys Tours lately and says they're great. Have booked today for the Nile so it's set for 18/11. Ship looks great, it had a bare metal refurb this year and looks lovely. Quite excited about my little adventure now. 

• Like 3