Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

One of my grandfathers was an old-fashioned GP, who had his office in the far end of his house. So his go-to repair materials were adhesive tape and tongue blades.

My other grandfather used coat hangers. Untwist, straighten them out into wire, then wrap them around whatever needed fixing and tighten them with pliers. More than one of his cars' mufflers was held up that way.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

One of my grandfathers was an old-fashioned GP, who had his office in the far end of his house. So his go-to repair materials were adhesive tape and tongue blades.

My other grandfather used coat hangers. Untwist, straighten them out into wire, then wrap them around whatever needed fixing and tighten them with pliers. More than one of his cars' mufflers was held up that way.

Necessity is the mother of invention isn't it JP!  🙂 

Shhhhh, in my best quiet voice, barely a whisper, I try and conceal my excitement for our upcoming voyage, now only 5 days until we board a flight to take us to the port.

It occurs to me our trip coincides with Mysty's move.

Lots of anticipation and new experiences.

Oh happy Friday!

Enjoy the weekend all.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Awesome Spins! So close now... London to Boston? I'm working the week you arrive back, otherwise I'd invite you to Albany for a tour! Boston is only 3h away.

JP, 

London to NYC.

Love the sail into New York. I will never tire of seeing Lady Liberty and knowing my Greek grandparents and my Swedish grandparents had the same view. The promises that the statue holding the torch represented for new beginnings for them, and so many others, after leaving their homelands and way of life. I am grateful for their sacrifices!

I will take a rain cheque on that Albany visit, note I said rain and not snow!

• Like 2

It is a gorgeous sail-in and -away, for sure. Did it a few times in the late '90s with the Twin Towers dominating the skyline of Lower Manhattan, and arrived a few times after they were gone. The new Freedom Tower is pretty as well, though. On a clear day it melts into the sky. Lower Manhattan is such a nice place to wander around. 

And the Statue of Liberty, yes,  a lovely welcome. We finally went there in February, and climbed to the top! Chris had been as a kid but it was my first visit. Do go if you have time, and visit Ellis Island too. Very moving. 

Any plans while you're in NY?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jpalbny said:

It is a gorgeous sail-in and -away, for sure. Did it a few times in the late '90s with the Twin Towers dominating the skyline of Lower Manhattan, and arrived a few times after they were gone. The new Freedom Tower is pretty as well, though. On a clear day it melts into the sky. Lower Manhattan is such a nice place to wander around. 

And the Statue of Liberty, yes,  a lovely welcome. We finally went there in February, and climbed to the top! Chris had been as a kid but it was my first visit. Do go if you have time, and visit Ellis Island too. Very moving. 

Any plans while you're in NY?

No plans. 

Will be ready to go back home

Most of my childhood was spent 28 minutes away from the city by train. My Dad had a shop in the city. 

Lots of time spent there.

😀

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

It occurs to me our trip coincides with Mysty's move.

Lots of anticipation and new experiences.

Oh happy Friday!

Enjoy the weekend all.

Oh Spins....have a wonderful time on your cruise!  Anticipation and new experiences indeed!  For now I still can't see the light at the end of the tunnel!  Would much rather be on your adventure!  🙂  

Good morning friends.:classic_smile:   I love sailing out of NYC too. My Azamara cruise back in April left from there and sailing by Lady Liberty was awesome. I had sailed from Bayonne a couple of times before but this was my first out of Manhattan.

Getting a hair cut today, need to go to the bank, stop at Bed, Bath and Beyond too.   And it is really good day for college football. Tonight Georgia hosts Notre Dame.  GO DAWGS:classic_biggrin:

Image result for GO DAWGS

10 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning friends.:classic_smile:   I love sailing out of NYC too. My Azamara cruise back in April left from there and sailing by Lady Liberty was awesome. I had sailed from Bayonne a couple of times before but this was my first out of Manhattan.

Getting a hair cut today, need to go to the bank, stop at Bed, Bath and Beyond too.   And it is really good day for college football. Tonight Georgia hosts Notre Dame.  GO DAWGS:classic_biggrin:

Image result for GO DAWGS

Go canes and go blue!

Enjoy your day Lois

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Spins, you are a Michigan fan?  Harbaugh has not done what they brought him in for......he needs to

beat that other team LOL

Sorry for Spins/Candy that Michigan trails Wisconsin at half-time by a 28-0 margin.  Looking uphill for UM.  Yes, agree with Lois that Notre Dame at Georgia tonight could be a great game.  Always fun on college football Saturdays.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Fun, interesting visuals, plus travel details from this early 2016 live/blog. At 47,001 views. Featuring Cape Town, South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

College football?  Now?  In the middle of a pennant race?  C’mon Lois!  We still got hot dogs and apple pie to eat.

Yes, lots still happening in baseball!!  Our Cleveland Indians are battling and close for a play-off slot.  St. Louis Cardinals are in. Doubt Chicago Cubs can make it.  BUT, with baseball, in my view, their season is too long with an excessive number of games.  That's another discussion for a different day as to the pro/con factors related to baseball versus football. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Amazon River-Caribbean 2015 adventure live/blog starting in Barbados. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, San Juan, etc.).  Now at 64,559 views:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

BUT, with baseball, in my view, their season is too long with an excessive number of games.  That's another discussion for a different day as to the pro/con factors related to baseball versus football. 

Terry,

It would be a lot of fun if we could start this conversation in Dolce Vita, continue into Atlantide, and finish it at the bar in Silver Note with some good jazz.

• Haha 2