Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Hi Terry, thanks for the reply. I checked the same thing after I posted so you are right, looks like it should not be an issue:classic_smile:

This will be my 2nd time in Venice....I sailed from there last year with our favorite cruise line....Venice to Nice, stopping all around places in Italy and we went to Dubrovnik and Malta.  Yes, I loved it all:classic_biggrin:.  The stops on this river cruise are much different than an ocean cruise......this one takes us all around Venice.

51 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Lois, Have a great time.  We Floridians are most fortunate to have escaped Dorian. I am counting my blessings.  In 18 days we are off to sea also on a vessel we cannot name here. Do we take down our hurricane shutters before we leave or just let them remain in place until our return?  Enjoy the weekend all!

Great to hear from Spins/Candy and agree 110% about the good fortune of Florida in avoiding the terrible hurricane situation that hit the northern Bahamas so hard.  Really bad there.  Sadly, the death toll keeps rising.  

Unless it is a Russian Navy ship, why cannot you share the name for your upcoming sailing?  Inquiring minds want to know!!

Getting ready to head to the nationally-televised (on ABC) game with Ohio State University hosting Cincinnati that beat UCLA last week.  I will be in section 16A, 30th row wearing red.    Will Spins be watching today the Miami at North Carolina game?  Any other college football fans here at the Cooler?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Amazon River-Caribbean 2015 adventure live/blog starting in Barbados. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, San Juan, etc.).  Now at 64,460 views:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

46 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Terry, thanks for the reply. I checked the same thing after I posted so you are right, looks like it should not be an issue:classic_smile:  This will be my 2nd time in Venice....I sailed from there last year with our favorite cruise line....Venice to Nice, stopping all around places in Italy and we went to Dubrovnik and Malta.  Yes, I loved it all:classic_biggrin:.  The stops on this river cruise are much different than an ocean cruise......this one takes us all around Venice.

Great to hear that Lois is experienced with the glory and fun of Venice.  Hopefully, you will keep us posted about this upcoming sailing, ports to be visited, your experiences in Italy, etc.  Look forward to hearing more and following along. 

SE Asia/Mekong River, Etc.!  Live/blog from early 2018, first adventure through SE Asia, stops in Hong Kong and Bangkok, before exploring all over Vietnam and Cambodia, seven days sailing on the Mekong River. Now at 49,455 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2591474

Edited by TLCOhio

Terry, I LOVE football.:classic_biggrin:..……...hope you have a great day.

I went to Florida State...……(how the mighty have fallen:classic_blink:)………..I was there when Bobby first got there so that was a long, long time ago.

And Serena plays in the finals of the US OPEN this afternoon too...…...she is going for #24...…...she is so awesome:classic_smile:

(I love all sports actually). 

Terry. Spins can't name the ship because we're not supposed to discuss that cruise line here. She's being tongue-in-cheek though. 

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi again, not sure what happened with the font LOL but anyway, I hope all of you have a good weekend:classic_smile:

Lois, the font changed because I suspect you copied and pasted the name of the pier into your reply rather than typing it in manually. CC's new editor now brings the text into your post in its original format and font, and then it sticks to that same format when you continue typing. If you want to get rid of that, you have to tell the editor to ignore the formatting.

In detail: when you paste any text into a reply, a black box comes up at the bottom of the editor which says,

"Pasted as rich text,. Paste as plain text instead."

You have to click on that second sentence, before the box disappears, otherwise your pasted text keeps its original format.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had a special delivery from my TA today ... 1 x Silver Box and 1 x TA box.

I now have more luggage tags than you can shake a stick at 😀

They - the TA - have improved on their last effort .. this time they have sent a ticket - singular .. for two persons! Last time they ‘forgot’ ...🙄     The only glitch I can see is that the ticket does not have a pier shown ... it says we are joining in Piraeus at an unknown pier. That should / could be exciting!

I think I’ll contact SS nearer the time as I may get more sense out of them? Last time with this TA methinks ... if we have any Brits on board I may look for recommendations.

When on Silversea or Oceania (smaller ships), we've always embarked at Terminal A, Gate 11. The ship was always at one of those piers. This should show you the location. I think the big ships dock further out, near the entrance to the harbor, at terminals B/C

This is the location of Terminal A. https://goo.gl/maps/jpLJQ4eqbTPy6k9a7

A quick scan of the port authority's website shows that Silver Shadow is docking at P3 west on 22 October - is that your cruise? If not, the site also shows Silver Spirit is at P3 east on 25 October. I can't tell which exact dock is P3 east/west etc, but if looks like they are all at cruise terminal A, the one I've shown you in the map link above. You access that through gate 11.

This link http://www.olp.gr/en/cruise-greece/cruise-programme will take you to a page where you can view the entire 2019 cruise ship schedule for Piraeus. It's an excel spreadsheet.

Thanks for that JP .... very handy to know. I seem to recollect that Seadream and Windstar used that pier the other day ... as you say ...smaller ships.

Yes, we are Shadow-ing on 22 Oct .... having a couple of days in Athens first to allow the luggage to catch up 😀 and to visit the Archeological Museum .... I am told they have exhibits there that are older than me !!!

Quite looking forward to this trip .. lots of new places to visit. 

2 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

What happens if you stand in the Shadows, and Whisper to the Wind? Will your comments be Spirited away to the Moon or just disappear into the Clouds?

YES!!  YES!!  So very witty and super fun.  Silversea needs a ship called the Silver Smooth for the polished and entertaining crowd here at the Cooler.  

AFRICA?!!?: Fun, interesting visuals, plus travel details from this early 2016 live/blog. At 46,850 views. Featuring Cape Town, South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Terry, I LOVE football.:classic_biggrin:..……...hope you have a great day.  I went to Florida State...……(how the mighty have fallen:classic_blink:)………..I was there when Bobby first got there so that was a long, long time ago.  And Serena plays in the finals of the US OPEN this afternoon too...…...she is going for #24...…...she is so awesome:classic_smile: (I love all sports actually). 

Great that Lois loves both sports and football.  Florida State has had some excellent sports history.  BUT, now the question is whether and when they can re-gain that glory.  YES, super enjoyed today's game in Ohio Stadium.  National TV and 100,000+ fans there.  Ohio State looked impressive on both offense and defense in winning 42-0 against a Cincinnati team that beat UCLA last week.  Good tip to check out the US Open finals.  Will do now. 

Dubrovnik!  Nice visual samples, tips, details, etc., for this super scenic location. Over 46,442 views.    

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439227

3 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Following along via the NY Times and they reported that Bianca Andreescu won the first set against Serena Williams, 6-3.  Watching college football on TV, Clemson vs. Texas A&M.  Getting ready to go out to dinner at 7 pm with friends who traveled with us on our 2014 Australia/New Zealand adventure.  

Edited by TLCOhio

13 hours ago, Lois R said:

Still want Serena to win that 24th!!!!!!!  Hopefully next season!  Congrats to Bianca...….

Great funny by M!  I get it!!  On Serena, here is this monring's Daily Mail lead headline and question: "Is Meghan Markle a JINX on Serena Williams? Fans brand Duchess a 'bad luck charm' as she watches her friend lose a third final at the US Open after being court side for two Wimbledon defeats".  Serena fought back and staged a good comeback.  BUT, not enough.  Not a big Meghan Markle fan.  How long will she last among the ego sharks and challenges within the Royal family?

Full Daily Mail story at:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7439447/Disappointed-Meghan-Markle-watches-Serena-Williams-lose-friend-fails-win-Open.html

Barcelona/Med: June 2011, with stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Great visuals with key highlights, tips, etc. Live/blog now at 248,475 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

21 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Terry, I don't think Meghan had anything to do with the loss. And as for the British Press? They seemed to have hated her since the start. 

Agree, excellent points made above by Lois.  There was no real evidence of any tangible link between Meghan being at U.S. Open having caused that Serena loss yesterday.  No doubt that the British Press can be very rough and tough as to how and why they "cover" certain people.  BUT, some of the Royal Family members (including Prince Andrew now) give them lots of "raw material" to chew on and attack.  Prince Andrew needs to be honest and come clean about his past "bad habits".  Those Epstein issues and questions will not go away or disappear.    

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Wonderful scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 237,284 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923