Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning folks...…….JP....photos look delicious:classic_biggrin: We are off today...…..no plans here.  The storm is only moving at ONE mile per hour now and the turn to the N still has not been made:classic_ohmy:,,,,,,,looks like this will take all week.  John, you be safe down there!!! And Spins, you too!

YES!!  Excellent food and pix's from J.P.  Loved Mysty's funny this am.   Very good summary by Lois as to this slow-moving hurricane sitting off of the coast east of Florida.  That waiting and waiting and waiting with serious uncertainty can get very frustrating and challenging for those in Florida.  Be safe there.  

Sunshine just came out here in Central Ohio and looking very nice.  Enjoying listening to the bird now out on our screened porch.  A high of only 79F today and down to 60F tonight.  Pleasant weather here.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Fun, interesting visuals, plus travel details from this early 2016 live/blog. At 46,807 views. Featuring Cape Town, South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Good morning...…...my heart aches for all the sad things that happened to so many people this weekend.

It looks the Bahamas will never be the same:classic_sad:......and as for the horrific fire and that dive boat in Calif...…...:classic_sad:

looks like all 34 folks have perished.

We have to work today...…...nothing here yet but it looks like tomorrow the rains/winds will be coming this way.

It does look bad in the Bahamas. That kind of storm is inconceivable to me. And to have it just parked there for 24h or more. Crazy. Hope it turns north soon.

Just clicked "submit" to send in our completed passenger information forms for the January 4th cruise. Final payment is on Friday; that part is less exciting. But oh well. Looking forward to another visit to Antarctica, and this time with South Georgia!

The pulled pork was worth the work. I put it in the instant pot yesterday after work and it was ready 2 hours later. So, a simple late lunch.

20190902_135401.thumb.jpg.89cdf0effe49334ad7b9a87d0db13588.jpg

Weird weather yesterday. We went out walking during a brief respite from the rain. Bright sun where we were but nasty clouds just to the north. Luckily we made it home in time. It poured about 5 minutes after we got inside! We enjoyed the view from the sunroom.

20190902_154555.thumb.jpg.1e26dd0329d349bc1eab3ac472aaf8d2.jpg

Happy back to work day!

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 1

Good morning...…..John and Spins, glad both of you are ok.:classic_smile:

We still work today:classic_rolleyes:....the rains are supposed to start here around 9 and stay all day and now it looks like the

storm is going to  move west and South Carolina will get the brunt.

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Good morning...…..John and Spins, glad both of you are ok.:classic_smile:  We still work today:classic_rolleyes:....the rains are supposed to start here around 9 and stay all day and now it looks like the storm is going to  move west and South Carolina will get the brunt.

YES!!  Great to hear that things have been relatively "good" for John and Spins.  Clearly watching for Lois as to what hits the Jacksonville and other areas to the north, including for the Carolinas.  Very tragic as to the impact on the northern parts of the Bahamas.  We are just now learning how bad conditions were there. 

Athens & Greece: Many visuals, details from two visits in a city with great history, culture and architecture.  Now at 32,006 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1101008

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Good morning...…..John and Spins, glad both of you are ok.:classic_smile:

We still work today:classic_rolleyes:....the rains are supposed to start here around 9 and stay all day and now it looks like the

storm is going to  move west and South Carolina will get the brunt.

Good luck, Lois! Hope all goes well.

Hi coolers...it is really nothing too bad here! Just on my lunch hour so thought I would check in and we have some wind but nothing awful and the rain is hardly at all. I don't know if it will get worse as the day goes on or not but as of now we are ok😁

8 hours ago, JohnGinPBG said:

A little get-together with family this weekend. Staying with my sister in Niskayuna. Weather looks much nicer than Florida!

Hope you enjoy your time up here in our back yard! Niskayuna is right next door. Have a great family visit! 

22 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi coolers...it is really nothing too bad here! Just on my lunch hour so thought I would check in and we have some wind but nothing awful and the rain is hardly at all. I don't know if it will get worse as the day goes on or not but as of now we are ok😁

Good to know and read that most  of Jacksonville and Florida did not get too hard.  Much better than what it could have been for the Sunshine State.  Now, it is hitting the Carolinas.  Currently in Central Ohio, as shown below from AccuWeather, we have almost totally perfect weather conditions.  Loving being out on our screened porch and loving this sunshine and decent temperatures.  Not too warm.  Not too cold. 

Amazon River-Caribbean 2015 adventure live/blog starting in Barbados. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, San Juan, etc.).  Now at 64,460 views:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

From AccuWeather, here is our current weather in Central Ohio.  Just about totally perfect conditions now here.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

1338413515_ScreenShot2019-09-05at10_58_47AM.thumb.png.0452aa2e7e8ca85be6459b75a5f61ac6.png

2 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Mysty

How's the sorting and pitching going?

Thanks for your interest spins!  I come up for air every once in a while.  🙂  We have made a small dent in the sort and purge stage.  I don't want to start packing until I can get a reasonable idea of what we actually want to bring with us.  So far we have made multiple trips to a donation center and have had some furniture picked up for donation.  There still seems to be a mountain range worth of stuff.  We'll get there with any luck.

Good morning friends, I received an email from Uniworld yesterday and they are changing piers for my cruise next month.

Yes, I am finally sailing next month:classic_biggrin:, anyway, the email states that due to damage at their usual dock, we are sailing from:

Fabbricato 13, Santa Marta, Venice.

They also sent a link to a map.  I surely hope my hotel knows where this is because I have to get from the hotel to the boat.   The original dock was Basilio and I am guessing the damage is from when the MSC ship hit the Riverboat. 

Lois, 

Have a great time.

We Floridians are most fortunate to have escaped Dorian. I am counting my blessings.

In 18 days we are off to sea also on a vessel we cannot name here. Do we take down our hurricane shutters before we leave or just let them remain in place until our return?

Enjoy the weekend all!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning friends, I received an email from Uniworld yesterday and they are changing piers for my cruise next month.  Yes, I am finally sailing next month:classic_biggrin:, anyway, the email states that due to damage at their usual dock, we are sailing from:  Fabbricato 13, Santa Marta, Venice.  They also sent a link to a map.  I surely hope my hotel knows where this is because I have to get from the hotel to the boat.   The original dock was Basilio and I am guessing the damage is from when the MSC ship hit the Riverboat. 

Don't worry, Lois, it appears that your docking area is right nearby to the bigger, major cruise ship departure area in Venice.  See the Google map below with the red pointer highlighting your new boarding location.  Hopefully you do the sail-away in going out by the path offering the dramatic views of St. Marks, Doge's Palace, etc., as shown below.  Look forward to hearing more and seeing visuals from your upcoming adventure. Been to Venice previously?  Liked Venice??

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!  Is one of your future desires or past favorites? See these many visual samples for its great history and architecture.  This posting is now at 85,007 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

1912187401_ScreenShot2019-09-07at8_19_43AM.thumb.png.fd0f305866945bf245e58eff577794fd.png

How long before your cruise departs will you have to explore in Venice?  Been there previously?  Hopefully during your sail-away, you will be able to enjoy this type of view as we experienced in 2011.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

18050178_DSC_2371-2011-06-14at06-52-04.jpg.b619fd4c65533f2ad8ef479287ce498f.jpg