Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

13 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Just don't forget poor myster!

Believe me JP, Myster would never be left behind!  My thin grasp on sanity is tied very firmly to his calm, reasoned, patient approach to life!  I am thankful every day that he decided to overlook my "nuttiness" and marry me anyway!  🙂 

Edited by mysty
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, FlyingScotSailors said:

We leave for Alaska tomorrow, for a Seabourn Sojourn cruise.  We then have a few days at home, a trip, a few days at home, and another trip.  We will be home in November, so we should be able to meet with JP and Chris, and Jan (and hubby) at the Exit 9 big annual NYS tasting.  We have not seen a date yet, but it usually is at the beginning of November.

Ann & Peter

Bon voyage Ann & Peter.  I'll be looking for you on the Northway as I make my way down to Albany, can hardly wait to see the traffic on the way home this evening.  We're just over 2 weeks from our sojourn up the coast from Boston, bags packed, some of the few clothes I know where they are!   The new floors are being installed Tuesday-Wednesday, and then I can put everything back, and the rest of the boxes can be put away .... yay!   I'll be so happy not to be living out of boxes.

Have a great day everyone, I need to boogie a bit early today, lots going on in the office, and I need to jump on a call at 8:30 for my friend's business (she's going out for more funding, very exciting).  I was going to ask "is it Friday yet?", but I remembered, IT IS!!!!!!

• Like 2

Good morning folks...….looks like we won't have anything happen here until early next week and then it

will be lots (AND LOTS) of rain. Looks like South Florida will be getting the direct hit. We have 67

counties in the state of Florida and all are under "emergency status".

Nothing more I can do at this point (already got lots of water/canned goods, etc,).  Already decided to

get some extra $$$$……..figured better to do that now.  

The state is so big that we are about 300 miles from WPB/Ft. Lauderdale and Dorien may come up here

but it will be after Monday/Tuesday.

SPINS....hope you will be safe!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Thanks Lois.  We are buttoning up. This am the weather channel put the eye squarely in our neighborhood.  This will likely change but no matter we are in the cone. The only thing we can do is over prepare.  Hope all will be safe.

Good to hear from Spins/Candy and Lois that you are getting prepared.  Just watching right now the live briefing by the Florida Governor, etc., about this approaching hurricane.  Below is the latest chart from the New York Times as to the path and timing.  Wishing the best for those in the Sunshine State. In the words of singer Glenn Yarbrough, it will be a case of "Baby, the Rain Must Fall".  Remember that song and singer?  Best for those in Florida. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

SE Asia/Mekong River, Etc.!  Live/blog from early 2018, first adventure through SE Asia, stops in Hong Kong and Bangkok, before exploring all over Vietnam and Cambodia, seven days sailing on the Mekong River. Now at 49,299 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2591474

Here is the latest chart from the NY Times as to the storm hitting north of West Palm Beach early Tuesday am.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

54995753_ScreenShot2019-08-30at8_59_56AM.thumb.png.66da1f2124067857f7f1a4c7010b2ef0.png

17 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

This am the weather channel put the eye squarely in our neighborhood.  This will likely change but no matter we are in the cone. The only thing we can do is over prepare.

Hope all will be safe.

We are in the bullseye as well. Stocked up, gassed up, freezing blocks of ice. Time to prep outside and get busy on the shutters. Good luck to you and all our neighbors.

20 minutes ago, JohnGinPBG said:

We are in the bullseye as well. Stocked up, gassed up, freezing blocks of ice. Time to prep outside and get busy on the shutters. Good luck to you and all our neighbors.

Sorry that I forgot to mention about John.  Yes, sadly, with your location in Palm Beach Gardens, you potentially are even more in the center of the bullseye.  Good luck!!  Will be following the direction of this hurricane with great interest.  

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!  Is one of your future desires or past favorites? See these many visual samples for its great history and architecture.  This posting is now at 84,973 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

Greetings Coolers!

Happy Labour Day (or Labor Day for our southern neighbours or neighbors)!

In honour....today's funny.....

69459072_2410098492370501_17386000298215

Actually we joined this "parking lot" yesterday afternoon at around noon.  Quite unintentionally!  We needed to travel from our home in the southwest part of the city to the moving company location in the northeast of the city to pick up recycled packing boxes.  On the way there the route we took was a mess due to road repair.  We decided to take the highway back.  BAD idea!  Our trip home looked very much like the "parking lot" above.

Have a great weekend folks!  Stay safe on the roads and off!

21 hours ago, Lois R said:

Yes, John, sending you my best as well and stay safe.

As an update about the hurricane about to hit Florida, here is an Associated Press/AP story from within the past hour with this headline: “Fierce Category 4 Dorian strengthens en route to Bahamas” with these highlights that hint at a potential adjustment in the probable path: “The National Hurricane Center in Miami cautioned that its meteorologists remain uncertain whether Dorian would make a devastating direct strike on the state’s east coast or inflict a glancing blow. Some of the more reliable computer models predicted a late turn northward that would have Dorian skirt the Florida coast.  'There is hope,' Weather Underground meteorology director Jeff Masters said.”

Good luck for those in Florida.  Yes, also second the wishes for enjoying the Labor Day holiday on Monday.  

This weekend is the start of the college football season with many games already played, plus a big schedule for today, Sunday and Monday.  Not all are interested in college football, but Spins/Candy and I enjoy following these activities with strong interest. 

Full story at:

https://apnews.com/4f1e25f746ae4406a1792266e44682c9

Amazon River-Caribbean 2015 adventure live/blog starting in Barbados. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, San Juan, etc.).  Now at 64,417 views:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Looks like the Bahamas are going to get a direct hit...………..sending all good thoughts

Yes, sadly, the Bahamas are going to get a direct hit.  But, as reflected in the AP story posted yesterday morning, it seems, MAYBE, that this hurricane will turn up the Florida coast and not hit the Sunshine State directly.  Will keep watching and hoping with interest that the human and property costs are kept to a minimum. 

SE Asia/Mekong River, Etc.!  Live/blog from early 2018, first adventure through SE Asia, stops in Hong Kong and Bangkok, before exploring all over Vietnam and Cambodia, seven days sailing on the Mekong River. Now at 49,332 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2591474

Here is the latest projection this morning as to how this bad storm might skirt and go up the Florida coast.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

1337835844_ScreenShot2019-09-01at11_10_29AM.thumb.png.451e451bcec03ad170d7ba9fee2651ea.png

Hi Terry, they still have no definite answers though....it will move north but it may come west  a "teeny bit" and our coast will really feel it.....and that little wiggle? Mother Nature will decide where Dorian wants to go:classic_wacko:

Well, that would be apropos for Labor Day here except (1) I'm working and (2) it's raining today. So we need an umbrella to do any grilling! It's OK. We cooked a lot yesterday to make up for it.

Last night I made veal chops on the grill. Marinated with olive oil, a splash of red wine, garlic, and fresh rosemary. Sauteed some mushrooms in sherry to accompany them, along with some couscous. A nice dinner.

20190901_170056.thumb.jpg.807d2a3e5f802cf2ca2fd6d3d4af2fe0.jpg

Then last night I marinated a piece of pork shoulder which I'll cook in the instant pot today. Pulled pork will be good in lieu of an outdoor barbecue.

And we also made some blueberry scones but didn't bake them - just stored them in the fridge overnight. They are in the oven now. A little breakfast before I head in to work.

20190902_080051.thumb.jpg.71b60ccf5e2ac4a50bce75a4c85c205d.jpg

Have a great day all!

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 1

Good morning folks...…….JP....photos look delicious:classic_biggrin:

We are off today...…..no plans here.  The storm is only moving at ONE mile per hour now and the turn to the N still has not been made:classic_ohmy:,,,,,,,looks like this will take all week.

John, you be safe down there!!! And Spins, you too!