Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Argh...no! Hope the weather isn't a problem for you, Spins. I will cross a few digits too and hope that it helps. When do you fly out?

Tomorrow is my Dad's birthday so I'll be sure to get an update on the weather then.

MLeh, thanks for the kind post. Sheltieluv, no doubt that Massena is up there! I had relatives in Ogdensburg back in the day. You could see Canada from their backyard!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

JP

Wish your Dad a happy birthday. He's in Jensen right? That is where DS lives, and is building his first house!

Watching a tropical wave likely to bring us rain, not bad.

But the developing storm off Africa is worrisome. Something about some oscillation MJO, not mojo, is increasing.

We just watch and hope winds take it somewhere else.

We fly out next Sunday, fingers crossed.

You will be across the pond by then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

WHAT? WHAT?

Am I hearing something about bad weather a commin'? Oh say it isn't so! On our very first cruise some 35+ years ago, we came back to NY in a full blown hurricane. Very interesting....On our last TA, although it wasn't a hurricane, we did have cold and wet weather. PLEEEEZ....powers that be, let us have a nice crossing! OK, done ranting! I know we'll have a great time no matter what the weather. Just hope the duct tape from the stretch holds.....!

Morning all. Sounds like 'old home' week with Spins and JP.

And what is this talk of storms? "Whether the weather be cold, or whether the weather be hot, we'll weather the weather, whatever the weather, whether we like it or not." There were hurricanes in the Caribbean last year while we were on our TA, and our captain managed to avoid their remnants quite nicely. However we were heading into Montreal, via Iceland and Greenland, not across the open pond directly into the hurricane zone. I hope the captains manage to skirt the big seas on your way.

I enjoyed the funny, mysty, although my version of it includes a housecoat, slippers, a cat, and a glass of red wine.

Yesterday we (meaning my husband) scaled the apple tree in our backyard and picked 130 lbs of apples. That's 6 large paper grocery bags, each with between 20-25 lbs of apples. I'm glad we only have the single tree that produces eating apples! (We have another tree in the back that has Transparent apples -- good for pies and apple sauce, but not for eating -- but we only got about 20 lbs off of that one.) We'll eat as many fresh as we can, share the bounty with friends and family, and then use our handy 'peeler, corer, slicer' to process the rest into freezer bags of apples, which I'll use for pies and apple sauce, etc. over the course of the year. We also have a cidery up the street which will happily take any 'leftovers', so they'll probably end up getting a few as well.

Next up will be the pear tree, which this year is laden. I'm guessing at least 50 lbs. We'll probably pick those in the next few days, and will again eat as much fresh as possible, sharing the wealth with friends and family, and then the rest will be processed for later consumption.

Last year we got home from our TA in the middle of September to find approximately 12 (count) apples on the tree and even fewer pears. I think the bears, deer & raccoons were happy we were gone.

The smoke here on the coast has cleared for the most part - a combination of a few rain showers and some good offshore breezes. However, I did hear reports that 'our' smoke is now in Ireland and the UK. Sorry 'bout that!

Mleh,

A lot of apples and pears, oh my!

Don't know if you remember but last year here in South Florida, we had a visit from Irma and she took our electricity with her. We had to postpone our cruise! It was quite a nightmare. We didn't sustain much structural or a lot of property damage, as did others in the tropics, but we were miserable none the less. We had no power for days.

We are a little concerned when we see we are in the sights of yet another storm, who will be named Florence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Greetings Coolers!

Thanks for the link J! That was an enjoyable read! I wish we had more columnists here in Canada who would stray from doom, gloom and politics (which is more often than not doom and gloom).

Today's funny....from Meanwhile in Australia....

38137297_2246833285389265_1741742738996461568_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=09472f4d8d6f2f0d7eb8a6d07a4ed339&oe=5BEE7DC3

Have a great day all!

Lovely funny M!

I know it is a needless expense, but you might be tempted by a Times subscription as it is stonking value and they have wonderful columnists and supplements. I have difficulty knowing what not to share. An indulgence perfect for Mysty? Both of you can read a single sub. Might be worth trying their trial?

Even though it is cloudy that doesn’t prevent our ritual victual ... male and female versions ...... in answer to “only a small one please” ......... today’s daily Planters ....

b3216c268a876c017b5f2e7d9e293048.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestion J! We are currently in penny-pinching mode. However, Myster has a weekly indulgence of golf and lunch which runs about $60 CAD. My indulgence is the Cooler, which thankfully did away with the cover charge years ago. A NAFTA style discussion may ensue. :) A tariff on golf perhaps?

The Planters look yummy!

Thanks Muds .... delicious coffee JP. Not long now and you are off!

M ... the strategy is to say “lets try it for a month and we will both decide together whether a sub is worth it ....” I predict that if you did you would continue.

Half way through our mezze lunch on The Balcony so apologise for it being half done so inelegant ...

03eb393cf56b4c5c657e21706ae1b4ea.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk